White Rappers (VH1 Crapfest Related)

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    even the rappers from D were pretty weak.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that was anything close to full strength (and I wouldn't be surprised if that was at the request of the show).

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Imagine this dude battling Jus...

• Why did they disappear from Youtube again?

Legally, I understand the deal but I'm bummed "She's a Stunna" is no longer available for the general public's viewing pleasure.

Haha, but you can dowload it for free here!

http://celebrealityblog.vh1.com/files/grownassmen_shesastunna.mp3

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Why did they disappear from Youtube again?

Legally, I understand the deal but I'm bummed "She's a Stunna" is no longer available for the general public's viewing pleasure.

Haha, but you can dowload it for free here!

http://celebrealityblog.vh1.com/files/grownassmen_shesastunna.mp3

IT's not the same without the video.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    It reminded me of the Chapelle's Show episode when the dude in the barber shop was freestylin and gave himself an "Ohhh!". I thought it was hilarious that at the beginning of the show Jus Rhyme had given up his grad school fellowship to pursue his rap career.

Except that the guy on C.S. came off with a better set of rhymes than Jus ever managed.

It's a miracle to me Jus Rhymes managed to make it to the final three. I know a few folks at USC who know him - one of my old mentors is actually one of his advisors (along with Todd Boyd, predictably) and says that dude is "the real deal" as an activist/scholar. He avoided commenting on Jus' rhymes skills however.

The only reason he made it to the final three is because the only time he had to write any rhymes to stay in the thing Persia forgot her shit. And it was made known that that was the only reason he stayed in. Academically, I'm sure he can write a thesis, because he won't shut up about that shit. But dude cannot relate to the real world or to real people, at least that's the way it comes off. He just seems like a self-absorbed idiot. The shit that comes out of his mouth is so incredibly ridiculous that I am convinced he is an absolute moron. The fact that he gave up his fellowship to pursue his rap career just shows how disconnected from reality he is. Dude needs to get his nose out of books, shut the fuck up, and listen to people.

• I just saw the battles again on rerun.

I think in hindsight John Brown legitimately beat the Detroit fool Lo Light or whatever.

Not that either one was that fresh.

• I'm wondering why better rappers didn't enter this thing, $100G is more than you'll win in any street/pro battle, someone like Iron Solomon could have swept this thing.

i think serch said in an interview that there were some actually great rappers that auditioned for the show, but in the end they needed to pick people that were characters and would provide for good tv. obviously they could put someone truly "verbally vicious" with a solid rapper handz technique and just sweep up the money from the rest of the cornballs, but it wouldnt have been as entertaining to watch. serch and the producers dont REALLY care about finding the next white rapper, they needed to satisfy that 'reality show feel' above all else

last episode though.. serch cosigning icp and kid rock...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    yeah fuck Kid Rock, they should of had that Uncle Kracker guy on there instead.

• john brown wasn't bad in this...jus rhyme ws awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. good god. man.
    embarrasing.

• john brown wasn't bad in this...jus rhyme ws awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. good god. man.
    embarrasing.

I can't see how JB is goin to lose in the finals. Shamrock has said like the same wack "atl" rap the whole show. Does the Ghetto Revival drop their album on Ego Trip records next?

embarrasing.

I can't see how JB is goin to lose in the finals. Shamrock has said like the same wack "atl" rap the whole show. Does the Ghetto Revival drop their album on Ego Trip records next?

Yeah...B certainly looks to be the favorite. and, Jus did just mention that he lost his fellowship money for school....oof.

embarrasing.

Yeah...B certainly looks to be the favorite. and, Jus did just mention that he lost his fellowship money for school....oof.

Jus Rhyme was so bad that I started liking him. At least he wasn't mediocre. He was fucking terrible. Dude really had a group called AR 15, with a 15 point anti racism platform!!

• yeah fuck Kid Rock, they should of had that Uncle Kracker guy on there instead.

I'm just Salty that this show is almost done and no MF Doom cameo. Is Serch not checking for his boy anymore?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    yeah fuck Kid Rock, they should of had that Uncle Kracker guy on there instead.

I'm just Salty that this show is almost done and no MF Doom cameo. Is Serch not checking for his boy anymore?

Rumor has it that a lotta dudes aren't Serch's peoples anymore, including MF Doom. Notice how the show has been heavy on dudes Serch wasn't part of or posse with BITD.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    john brown wasn't bad in this...jus rhyme ws awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. good god. man.
    embarrasing.

Jus Rhyme was so bad that I started liking him. At least he wasn't mediocre. He was fucking terrible. Dude really had a group called AR 15, with a 15 point anti racism platform!!

And points 11-15 are all the same thing!

embarrasing.

11-15 are jewels that will be dropped in the liner notes of the album.

• yeah fuck Kid Rock, they should of had that Uncle Kracker guy on there instead.

Rumor has it that a lotta dudes aren't Serch's peoples anymore, including MF Doom. Notice how the show has been heavy on dudes Serch wasn't part of or posse with BITD.

yeah I guess that goes for Dante Ross also? It woulda been nice to see that dude in there also.

That said, the show coulda been worse on the cameo tip: Brand Nubian, Bushwhick, Kool Keith, Ill Bill...coulda been worse for a VH1 show.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    john brown wasn't bad in this...jus rhyme ws awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. good god. man.
    embarrasing.

11-15 are jewels that will be dropped in the liner notes of the album.

11. Be excellent to each other
    12. Party on, dudes!

• oh no: G-Child?

• And points 11-15 are all the same thing!

No...they are for the "future generations" to write.

I think we need a graemlin of Serch saying, "That rhyme was horrible!"

• hey, does anyone have a working torrent for episode 7?

• should we assume John Brown wins since he's performing at this thing?

or does Sham win and decide he is already too big for this shit?

• or does Sham win and decide he is already too big for this shit?
    i think sham just got a gig opening for some southern act. im surpised dasit is going to perform. dude was mad salty about the whole deal when he left

also, im surprised ill bill was a guest on the show, not too long ago he was saying he hoped serch would get hit by a bus

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

should we assume John Brown wins since he's performing at this thing?

or does Sham win and decide he is already too big for this shit?

it looks like a bunch of the losers are performing

somewhat interesting that the two final contestants represent two of the biggest trends in rap nowadays:
    the southern rapper
    and the businessman entity rapper

• WHO IS GONNA WIN TONITE????????????

i picked shamrock after the first episode.

• I think John Brown one-upped Shamrock on the freestyle tip. If you are going to be white and rap, you should atleast be able to freestyle. He looked foolish in Detroit.

• man both of these fools are horrible

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    They picked the wrong guy.

• Sham made John Brown look foolish as hell...while acting foolish as hell..but he def won that shit.