NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is Suns are[/b] that strong!!

Amare Stoudamire didnt play last season. Played limited minutes for the first 2 months this season and is chosen over Josh Howard.GTFOHWTB!!!!

Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.

They need a second low post threat.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is Suns are[/b] that strong!!

Amare Stoudamire didnt play last season. Played limited minutes for the first 2 months this season and is chosen over Josh Howard.GTFOHWTB!!!!

Yeah, Amare is one of my favorite players, but him being on the roster over Howard or Melo is wrong.

Stern gets to pick two more because of the injuries to Yao and Boozer, so hopefully he does the right thing.

• Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is Suns are[/b] that strong!!

Yeah, and Marion was basically picked over Carmelo. I like Marion and all, but this is 4 years in a row that Carmelo gets no love in the Allstar game. NBA's leading scorer, most valuable player in the world league over the summer...

• Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.

wasnt that the first time the suns beat the spurs in a few years? it was actually a game until the middle of the 4th when amare caught a knee to the nuts. when they showed the replay at the stadium, the entire crowd let out a simultaneous boo that drowned out the tnt announcers. the fact that amare got a technical was ridiculous, but i felt bad for ginobli. he couldnt catch a break after that.

the cavs- heat game was pretty sick last night. i take back all the recent compliments i have given Lebron. he played like such a b*tch last night. Wade looked like Jordan on a great night in the 4th quarter. He took over and the Cavs couldn't stop him, even with a double team. It made up for the 12 turnovers he had....a franchise record.

LeBron's toe is mad puffy. He only played cause it was nationally televised. Beating the Heat isnt much of an accomplishment at this point of the season. But as Magic and them said, the Cavs lack identity and killer instinct. I blame mediocre Mike Brown for not developing it by now and Lebron(youthfactor) for not imputing his animal in this team. I dont think Snow is that vet in the locker room to spark 'em. They need spark plug.

• Stern gets to pick two more because of the injuries to Yao and Boozer, so hopefully he does the right thing.

Oh shit I was wondering how that was going to work. Stern better get smart and grab Marcus and Carmelo.

I thought it was cool that Caron Butler got a reserve spot on the East. He deserves that.

most valuable player in the world league over the summer...

Anthony will get in but not because of a non NBA event like the World L games.

• I'm just sayin', he's GOOD.

edit: to add to that, he played on a team with some of the starters from this all star game and he did better than all of them.

Stern gets to pick two more because of the injuries to Yao and Boozer, so hopefully he does the right thing.

Oh shit I was wondering how that was going to work. Stern better get smart and grab Marcus and Carmelo.

Camby's playing great, but it's tough to justify three all-stars from a team with that record...

I thought it was cool that Caron Butler got a reserve spot on the East. He deserves that.

Its gonna be Howard and Anthony most likely. Only thing holding Melo back is the brawl.

Im happy for Butler as well. Its good to see new blood and not the same doofy dunkers.

• this is true... I think at least Camby should go. He didn't fuck up, and he's been having a great season. I can understand Melo not making it based on his suspension. I still don't think Marion should've been picked over him.

I'm just sayin', he's GOOD.

edit: to add to that, he played on a team with some of the starters from this all star game and he did better than all of them.

Yes,but you cant factor in Rucker games when voting for NBA All-Stars.

• Man, it does my heart good to see some representing for Josh Howard. From the East Coast bastions no less!

He really shoulda made it. The Mavs would not be where they are right now without the development of #5. He plays balls-out, night in and night out. Maybe he woulda made it if he averaged over 20 ppg but that's tough to pull given all the other scorers the Mavs have.

Agree w/ Chuckster and motown above....not hating on the Spurs cos they will still be dangerous come playoff time if for no other reason than #21 alone, but that roster needs to get a tad more athletic IMO to emerge from the West.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

wasnt that the first time the suns beat the spurs in a few years? it was actually a game until the middle of the 4th when amare caught a knee to the nuts. when they showed the replay at the stadium, the entire crowd let out a simultaneous boo that drowned out the tnt announcers. the fact that amare got a technical was ridiculous, but i felt bad for ginobli. he couldnt catch a break after that.

Yeah, and even being the Spurs fan that I am, I didn't think this game would go very well for them. They had just played a knock down-drag out game in Utah the night before, then had to head to Phoenix to play in a track meet--and they already have trouble with the second part of back-to-backs. Not the best of looks for them. But they played tough for most of the game...just couldn't finish it off (unsurprisingly). Tony Parker is ballin' out of control, BTW, and Duncan was straight-up snuffing Amare for a good chunk of the game.

It's funny--the Spurs have the third-best record in the league, and everybody talks about them like they're also-rans. I guess that's what expectations can do. They were supposed to be a championship team this year, and they don't really look the part thus far. The rodeo road trip is supposedly when they really kick into gear, but they've started it 0-2. Not encouraging.

It's funny--the Spurs have the third-best record in the league, and everybody talks about them like they're also-rans.

People compare them less to the rest of the league than they do to Spurs teams of the previous half-decade, I think, and of the 03-07 teams, this most recent one looks the least like a championship one.

I just noticed that Van Exel is not on the roster--did he retire?

EDIT: I see now that he is focussing on his rap label, with his mans "Smoot"

I just noticed that Van Exel is not on the roster--did he retire?

I'm pretty sure he did. I think that also explains why the Spurs are saddled with that bitch Jacque Vaughn.

Paging Yuichi........

You want to make an Avatar bet? After Monday ill be free of Drewn's choice.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Paging Yuichi........

You want to make an Avatar bet? After Monday ill be free of Drewn's choice.

yea, Indiana's coming up. let's do it.

• Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

Yeah, and even being the Spurs fan that I am, I didn't think this game would go very well for them. They had just played a knock down-drag out game in Utah the night before, then had to head to Phoenix to play in a track meet--and they already have trouble with the second part of back-to-backs. Not the best of looks for them. But they played tough for most of the game...just couldn't finish it off (unsurprisingly). Tony Parker is ballin' out of control, BTW, and Duncan was straight-up snuffing Amare for a good chunk of the game.

It's funny--the Spurs have the third-best record in the league, and everybody talks about them like they're also-rans. I guess that's what expectations can do. They were supposed to be a championship team this year, and they don't really look the part thus far. The rodeo road trip is supposedly when they really kick into gear, but they've started it 0-2. Not encouraging.

• Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is Suns are[/b] that strong!!

Yeah, and Marion was basically picked over Carmelo. I like Marion and all, but this is 4 years in a row that Carmelo gets no love in the Allstar game. NBA's leading scorer, most valuable player in the world league over the summer...

Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

Um...what?

• just giving you shit for the excuses on the loss last night
    it was a close game, except for the first 6 minutes and the last 2 minutes, and the suns won a semi low scoring game against a tough western division foe so im rubbing it in.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Agree w/ Chuckster and motown above....not hating on the Spurs cos they will still be dangerous come playoff time if for no other reason than #21 alone, but that roster needs to get a tad more athletic IMO to emerge from the West.

Yeah, the Spurs have tried to adapt to the changing game in the West by playing Duncan more at 5 as the game progresses and also 4 guard line-ups. They're still an elite team, but I think the Suns and Mavs have moved past them, especially because those teams have so many offensive weapons when compared to the Spurs.

Rock,

Little while ago you said that Baron Davis wasn't a real point guard in your book, but rather a scoring guard. Baron now plays for the Warriors and I've watched almost every game. Baron is definitely not a shoot first guard at all. He shouldn't take as many 3s as he should, but he's not a scorer 1st.

• Rock,

Little while ago you said that Baron Davis wasn't a real point guard in your book, but rather a scoring guard. Baron now plays for the Warriors and I've watched almost every game. Baron is definitely not a shoot first guard at all. He shouldn't take as many 3s as he should, but he's not a scorer 1st.

This is my take. I'd put Baron Davis in the Top 5.

Gil Arenas? True point? Is he still listed as a PG?

Rock,

I'd put Baron just out of the top 5. I think he's a star player, but not a superstar and the top 5 should be in theory the best of the best. Baron is in that 2nd tier.

P.S. - If the Warriors lose to the 76ers tonight, their season is toast.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock,

I'd put Baron just out of the top 5. I think he's a star player, but not a superstar and the top 5 should be in theory the best of the best. Baron is in that 2nd tier.

P.S. - If the Warriors lose to the 76ers tonight, their season is toast.

Admitted Baron is averaging alomost 2 assists more per game this year than he has the last 5...my biggest problem with him as a "superstar" is his lifetime 67% Free Throw shooting.....especially when this guy has the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.

I agree that he is 2nd tier just below the Top 5 PG's

the suns won a semi low scoring game against a tough western division foe so im rubbing it in.

Hahaha, true, true....

The illmatic shit is when the Suns get that whole "we will score literally three seconds after you score" shit going. That's one of the most frustrating things to deal with in basketball. Like that one where Brent Barry hit the three from straightaway, and three seconds later, Barbosa was making a layup. Fucking hell.

Ill have your new avatar tommorrow morning.