NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the suns won a semi low scoring game against a tough western division foe so im rubbing it in.

Hahaha, true, true....

The illmatic shit is when the Suns get that whole "we will score literally three seconds after you score" shit going. That's one of the most frustrating things to deal with in basketball. Like that one where Brent Barry hit the three from straightaway, and three seconds later, Barbosa was making a layup. Fucking hell.

meep meep, leandro got your team beat!!!

• they broke out with the 'meep meep' at us airways arena which i hadn't heard since elliot 'socks' perry was a sun

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ill have your new avatar tommorrow morning.

I had a bad feeling about tonight's game. Didn't see it, (too busy runnin' kids out the gym with my tiredasss wobbly 9-7 body...). For how long do I have to keep the avatar? How bout til allstar break? Have mercy!

• the suns won a semi low scoring game against a tough western division foe so im rubbing it in.

Hahaha, true, true....

The illmatic shit is when the Suns get that whole "we will score literally three seconds after you score" shit going. That's one of the most frustrating things to deal with in basketball. Like that one where Brent Barry hit the three from straightaway, and three seconds later, Barbosa was making a layup. Fucking hell.

meep meep, leandro got your team beat!!!

brazilians at my job are hyped on him. they only watch basketball because of him. Its like a ritual or something. Games are on in the bar and they just stare at it insted of working.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dude is the fastest player in the NBA right now. Pass him the ball and if he's 1 step ahead of an opponent, fuggetaboutit. He also shoots a mean 3.

from wikipedia:

Signed a five-year, $33 million contract extension with the Suns on 3 August 2006

BAWWWWLINNNNNN'!!!

Trivia: According to Barbosa, part of his talent can be attributed to the strange habit of eating a blended mixture of raw liver and beans. He says that it is hard to do, but without it he feels weak.

And I first heard about this during one of the games (probably Bill Walton gushing about Leandrihno) and found a direct quote from Leandro on this Suns page about first jobs: http://www.nba.com/suns/news/adhs_first_jobs.html

SUNS GUARD LEANDRO BARBOSA

"I worked at the farmers market, selling fruit and vegetables. That was it. It wasn???t much, but everything I earned I gave to my mom so we could have food at home. I had friends in different booths, so I???d go and talk to them and work in different places to get some money, and take it home."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ill have your new avatar tommorrow morning.

I had a bad feeling about tonight's game. Didn't see it, (too busy runnin' kids out the gym with my tiredasss wobbly 9-7 body...). For how long do I have to keep the avatar? How bout til allstar break? Have mercy!

One week. You get to inherit Drewn's choice. Ends next Saturday morning.
    You should try to push this avatar on to someone else. Soulstrut betting tradition.Losers Dunce cap?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    When I saw the yellow and gold, I was like, damn, too bad BATMON ain't a LAKERS fan.

• Ill have your new avatar tommorrow morning.

One week. You get to inherit Drewn's choice. Ends next Saturday morning.
    You should try to push this avatar on to someone else. Soulstrut betting tradition.Losers Dunce cap?

my 2 cents is that yucchi should sport this avatar for the week:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.

Trade what ? They have no players to trade

They're done

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.

Brent Barry?

Beno Udrih?

Remember when they signed Barry and these journalists were all enthusing over it as if he was some kind of f**king all-star?

• I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.

They're done

I was going to say "their souls" but then I recalled they must have done that already when they managed to get Duncan. Rick Pitino Related.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Found this today......bonus points to who ever can name the white dude in the upper left corner!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    God that face looks familiar...

• brickowski?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Remember when they signed Barry and these journalists were all enthusing over it as if he was some kind of f**king all-star?

At the time he was a solid player making everyone in seattle better around him

Classic spurs move to take an older solid 3 point shooting do everything guy

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Found this today......bonus points to who ever can name the white dude in the upper left corner!!

Mike Smrek

Mike Smrek

Indeed.....just got back from the Mav's game...they played like shit and won by a point......gotta feel sorry for KG.....his team is weak and he wants to win badly.

Coming to a college near you next year...

OJ is in green, King in white......

The move at 1:39 is just sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEtiFFRKS0

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

At the time he was a solid player making everyone in seattle better around him

Classic spurs move to take an older solid 3 point shooting do everything guy

I agree with both of those statements--but neither of them really supports his signing having been treated like a major event. It seemed like a solid and pretty typical move for the organization.

I heard Eddie Curry doodoo smeared Dwight Howard last night.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I agree with both of those statements--but neither of them really supports his signing having been treated like a major event. It seemed like a solid and pretty typical move for the organization.

absolutely,

media people had a kinda spurs hard on at the time

When Sloan and Popovich retire..the conservative 'white' team era will have turned the page

• Coming to a college near you next year...

OJ is in green, King in white......

The move at 1:39 is just sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEtiFFRKS0

did anyone see eric gordon wailing on michael jordan's sons the other night on espn2? that kid is going to be incredible. committed to indiana for next year. it's starting to look like the 2008 draft is going to be almost as deep as this year's.

I'm concerned for Denver.
    Who are the Raptors? Are they that good or is the Atlantic that bad that anybody w/ a 4 game streak looks promising?
    Milk Carton - Ray Allen.
    Kidd's divorce has caught up w/ him.
    Jackson & Harrington return to Indiana tonight. Crush/Kill/Destroy.

All you Webber hatters need to wipe yo' windshields.

He fitting in quite well in Auburn Hills.

• I'm concerned for Denver.

Don't worry Batmon, they play Milwaukee on Saturday, in Milwaukee. I was thinking about going to the game because I haven't been to one yet this year and I figured if I'm going to go see the Bucks get beat (badly) it may as well be by AI and Carmelo. Plus I always like cheering for George Karl when he's in town.

It is not fun being a basketball fan in Milwaukee right now. 2 wins in January, 4 of 5 starters not playing, and a coach that I think should have been canned a long time ago.

At least the collegiate teams in WI are doing well.

• I'm concerned for Denver too. This is getting rediculous. Give us another month. They must learn to play strong in the 4th.

• I'm concerned for Denver.

Don't worry Batmon, they play Milwaukee on Saturday, in Milwaukee. I was thinking about going to the game because I haven't been to one yet this year and I figured if I'm going to go see the Bucks get beat (badly) it may as well be by AI and Carmelo. Plus I always like cheering for George Karl when he's in town.

It is not fun being a basketball fan in Milwaukee right now. 2 wins in January, 4 of 5 starters not playing, and a coach that I think should have been canned a long time ago.

At least the collegiate teams in WI are doing well.

Don't be so sure, we just lost games to Charlotte, New Jersey, Portland, Sacramento and Utah. 3 of those teams are below .500. I'd say the Bucks have a fighting chance. Boykins gonna shut us down. Ha. It's not fun being a basketball fan in Denver when you have 2 of the best offensive players in the league and you can't beat a team under .500.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    All you Webber hatters need to wipe yo' windshields.

He fitting in quite well in Auburn Hills.

True indeed. The first few games dudes weren't ready for his slick passes, etc. but the Pistons are running like a well-oiled machine lately and almost all starters are getting in double figures on multiple nights, too. A good look.

• I heard Eddie Curry doodoo smeared Dwight Howard last night.

shoulda got that all-star sub over him too.

• Anybody know when they are supposed ot announce the 2 injury reserve players for the AS game? Or did they already??