urban pet peeves

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    And before all of you think that this it is just a few of the police that act this way here,i'm here to tell you, they ALL act this way in JA[/b]

[faux rillz]Ninjaman was the best thing in that terd of a movie[/faux rillz].

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Dudes in their "Import tuners" trying to live out their "Fast and Furious" fantasies.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    j walking!

PEOPLE walking up and down the street anywhich way they like! hexagonal, vertical, octovonal. Where are the cops! they're too busy worring about important crime when theres crack heads walking sideways on the fucking !

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ever try to ogle some good-looking girl (or guy!) on the bus and somebody blocks your fuckin' view?

cab drivers with zero personality.

I prefer this. It's annoying when you get in a cab with something on your mind, your headphones on, or just flat out don't feel like talking to no one, and you get some cabbie who insists on talking your ear off about what ever. and will not get the hint that you prefer not talking. and it's even worse when they act like they know everything about everything, but are really just out of their minds.

here's a cabdriver pet peeve:

i dont always remember streets, if its in an obscure location. but i know how to get there. but some cab drivers will not let that rest - even if you tell them how to get to that location, they will STILL be like: what is the city block? what is the exact address? what is the north-south street? yadda yadda yadda... Man, as long as I can see, I can direct you there. I live in this city, I'm no stranger. Just shut up and drive!

• whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

That girl I was dancin' with at your soul night last week hasnt called me back yet!

Chad taking over my hole in the wall watering hole on Saturday Nights for Lindsay's birthday party.

Girls with permanent bitch face. would it kill you to smile???

People that don't clean up after their dogs.

double wide baby carriages.

drivers that open their doors before checking the bike lane, drivers that turn without checking for bikes. Drivers blowing late yellow lights. Drunk Drivers.

Hippie Wizard Raver Cult Neon Paper-rad wanna-bes. Your music sucks. Learn how to draw.

whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

That girl I was dancin' with at your soul night last week hasnt called me back yet!

I'm crying with you, 'cause I remember her being quite fine - I'm all like, "you, go, Toast!" But, I been there and I feel your pain...

As for me, if it makes you feel any better, I was chatting up the cutest li'l indie-rock nerd you ever wanna see! We had common interests and all that other good shit, but she was still "trying to make it work" with her boyfriend who lives in the town she just moved out of, so she couldn't hook up with me except as a friend...in other words, no play for Pickwick! Hey, on to the next one...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

damn, Pick, where's your soul night at?

• whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

I'm crying with you, 'cause I remember her being quite fine - I'm all like, "you, go, Toast!" But, I been there and I feel your pain...

As for me, if it makes you feel any better, I was chatting up the cutest li'l indie-rock nerd you ever wanna see! We had common interests and all that other good shit, but she was still "trying to make it work" with her boyfriend who lives in the town she just moved out of, so she couldn't hook up with me except as a friend...in other words, no play for Pickwick! Hey, on to the next one...

Yeah. Always a catch.

This is some GOMD Sam Cooke sugar dumpling type weight were dealing with here. Ill keep you posted.

whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

Usually once a month at the Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia).

By now, most of the Chicago Strutters seem to know about it, so I haven't been advertising it as much as I used to. But if you'd like to come to the next one (date undetermined), I'll definitely let you know.

By now, most of the Chicago Strutters seem to know about it, so I haven't been advertising it as much as I used to. But if you'd like to come to the next one (date undetermined), I'll definitely let you know.

[Jerry Stiller]Ah yes. A fine establishment![/Jerry Stiller]

Yeah, let me know. If it's a weeknight, going out is usally a no-go for me, but keep me posted in case I work something out. I've been to so many wack "clurbs" recently that I could use a good soul night.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Yeah, let me know. If it's a weeknight, going out is usally a no-go for me, but keep me posted in case I work something out. I've been to so many wack "clurbs" recently that I could use a good soul night.

me too. this college town is boring me with these raver-esque losers.
    I need a soul night. And i need to go up to chicago more.

It's usually on a Saturday, so you should be good to go. I don't know if we've ever met, but stop by the turntables and say hi if you do come out...

***SEZ THE WOMAN WHO IS ABOUT TO MOVE TO CALIFORNIA!!***

Seriously, Elise, if you're still in town by then (the next one should be in May), I will let you know.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's usually on a Saturday, so you should be good to go. I don't know if we've ever met, but stop by the turntables and say hi if you do come out...

***SEZ THE WOMAN WHO IS ABOUT TO MOVE TO CALIFORNIA!!***

Seriously, Elise, if you're still in town by then (the next one should be in May), I will let you know.

e-holler alert

Saturday? nice. Yeah, hit me on the pm'z or something when you have the May date. I'm married though, so save your holleuring for Elise!

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    e-holler alert

^^^ hahahahahaha ^^^

• debardebar 215 Posts
    whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

Can I get a heads up too? I'd like to come in from the burbs and check it out.

whered this come from?

Urban Pet Peeve:

Can I get a heads up too? I'd like to come in from the burbs and check it out.

I'll definitely broadcast it on the Soul Strut boards, either here or in the "announcements" section.

• rfbutterrfbutter 49 Posts
    cab drivers with zero personality .

This might be an NY thing but how about cab drivers that you have to tell how to get where they're going? I have had to instruct cabs how to get across town. I have drifted into a daydream, reverie, or phone conversation only to realize all of a sudden that we are completely lost. I have had to tell cabbies how to get back to the highway (after taking the same highway to drop me off).

Africans denyin' n*ggas up in yellow cabs/musty as fuck waving their arms to a-rabs

Yeah, it's even better when you don't live in the city and you have a guy that can't find LaGuardia when he's on the BQE. How the fuck can you be a cabbie and not know where the Frickin' airport is?

• nessness 249 Posts
    my pet peeve: dudes who were herbs in their early 20s when everyone was partying and hanging out and getting into shit, linking up with other herbs from that same era only 8 years later, all becoming trendy DJs and at 30 years of age running around like 22 year olds throwing parties populated strictly by their ex-herbish friends, acting tough and trying to relive the years that they were herbs and never had no props, no friends, no chicks, or no life.

GUESS WHAT FOLKS YOU'RE STILL HERBS. JUST OLDER.

oooof, i resemble that remark.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

my pet peeve: dudes who were herbs in their early 20s when everyone was partying and hanging out and getting into shit, linking up with other herbs from that same era only 8 years later, all becoming trendy DJs and at 30 years of age running around like 22 year olds throwing parties populated strictly by their ex-herbish friends, acting tough and trying to relive the years that they were herbs and never had no props, no friends, no chicks, or no life.

GUESS WHAT FOLKS YOU'RE STILL HERBS. JUST OLDER.

This is fuckin' hilarious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    People who still use the word DOPE. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Its 2006. Just say HOT or somethin'.

ITS 2008....

New Transplants in Lower Man-Hattin & Brook-Lyn talmbout Harlem & The Bronx "is so far away." But then talk about how they just back from Miami Beach. WTF!!!

Just get out and go back to ur small town u fuckin' Madonna wannabe.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    New Transplants in Lower Man-Hattin & Brook-Lyn talmbout Harlem & The Bronx "is so far away."

I'm pretty sure this just means they don't want to go home with you

New Transplants in Lower Man-Hattin & Brook-Lyn talmbout Harlem & The Bronx "is so far away."

Hahaha...I didnt catch this.

After Iron man this afternoon, i stepped over to the Supermarket.
    I hit the line w/ my stuff and theres some donuts & shit on the belt. The lady in front of me was finishing up her transaction. As soon as i start to get my exchange goin', out of nowhere the owner of the donuts & shit returns talmbout "Im ahead of u." I told him, NO, that's str8 bullshit. You cant leave your 3 packages on the belt as spot claim. The lady ahead of me never said-"he'll be right back" and neither did the teller. I'd have to pause if that was the case. This is some real bullshit. And dude was gone for a good 5 minutes.
    So money tried to get physical and push his way ahead of me. I was not havin that shit. Im not gonna award your bad manners and behavior w/ a pass, so i pushed that muthafucka back and raised a fuss up in that piece. After that dude just left w/out payin for his donuts and shit.
    This is is str8 violation of store line game. Back the fuck up!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I hit the line w/ my stuff and theres some donuts & shit on the belt. The lady in front of me was finishing up her transaction. As soon as i start to get my exchange goin', out of nowhere the owner of the donuts & shit returns talmbout "Im ahead of u." I told him, NO, that's str8 bullshit. You cant leave your 3 packages on the belt as spot claim. The lady ahead of me never said-"he'll be right back" and neither did the teller. I'd have to pause if that was the case. This is some real bullshit. And dude was gone for a good 5 minutes.
    So money tried to get physical and push his way ahead of me. I was not havin that shit. Im not gonna award your bad manners and behavior w/ a pass, so i pushed that muthafucka back and raised a fuss up in that piece. After that dude just left w/out payin for his donuts and shit.

Man, I just had this exact situation at the CVS in my neighborhood.

This (rather large) lady is ahead of me in line and then decides she wants to get something else before the cashier has even rung her up, so she leaves her stuff on the counter and disappears. I step up, the cashier rings me up and is passing me my change when she reappears and starts to get loud. I say "you got out of line"; she says "I AIN'T GET OUT OF LINE I WENT TO GO GET SOMETHIN'!" With a straight face! How do you go get something without getting of line? With your other clone body? With your stretchable Mr. Fantastic arms? Then people in other lines started to get loud and tell her to STFU, and she proceeded to get louder until the (female) manager said "Do not let this blue CVS shirt fool you--I will beat that azz," and she quieted down.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

That's never forgive action right there. I was in a line with about 200 other people once in college at the administrative building waiting for an excess check, and these three dudes hop in line with their friend a few people in front of me. I start calling them out on it all loudly, and they're not even embarrassed about getting caught doing that shit. So I turned to the 100 or so people behind me, and was all "And I know the 100 people behind me don't appreciate your bullshit either. Right?[/b]"

So, given that stepping to three dudes outside the Bursar's office is a bad look, I spent the next 45 minutes exchanging nasty one-liners with those douchebags. Still, I was more disappointed in the 100 people behind me. Y'all don't even have the balls to jump on the bandwagon as part of the faceless mob?

"Do not let this blue CVS shirt fool you--I will beat that azz," and she quieted down.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

At this one grocery store, I had the same thing happen to me like 4 times in a 2 week span...where there's only 2 lines open, I bring my 2 or 3 items to the express lane of the 2 and stand behind a line of a couple other people. Soon thereafter there are another couple of people in line behind me. By the time I'm next in line, the lane next to ours opens up and the clerk goes to the BACK of my line and tells the person "I can take you over here."

The first 3 times it happened, I just shrugged my shoulders. But the fourth time, I walked right over to the new clerk in front of the person he had called over. New clerk didn't like it either...as if I subverted his authority. I pointed out to him that I was next in line...and his response was that he figured that "that was good enough," so thus he called someone over from the back of that line instead. Upon completing my transaction, I just left it at saying "whatever"...instead of "that makes no fuckin' sense whatsoever."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    If you are stepping on to a train, please step INSIDE the car, don't stop at the doors when there are six other people waiting to get in and the doors are about to close.

I had to push a lady out of the way last night so me and everyone else could get in without getting a leg or a bag stuck in the closing doors. I did say excuse me but I'm not proud that I shoved her.