urban pet peeves

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    That's hit or miss nowaydays

Up here it's a miss 99% of the time, it's probably because, like you said, less lifers more rookies.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    When URBAN became synonomous w/ BLACK/AFRICAN-AMERICAN. Never liked that shit and never will.

Agree with that 100%, and add 'gritty,' to the list. Once, when I got drunk around a bunch of PIRG kids (they're the ones from Page 2 asking, "If you have a second for the environment,") one said that Boston wasn't gritty enough. I asked her what she meant by that and she said, "you know...dirtier...like dirty rice. More people of color."

did she look like this?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    When URBAN became synonymous w/ BLACK/AFRICAN-AMERICAN. Never liked that shit and never will.

Agree with that 100%, and add 'gritty,' to the list. Once, when I got drunk around a bunch of PIRG kids (they're the ones from Page 2 asking, "If you have a second for the environment,") one said that Boston wasn't gritty enough. I asked her what she meant by that and she said, "you know...dirtier...like dirty rice. More people of color."

Since when has diversity become dirty rice? Fuck, sounds like a derogatory term for Asians.

• When URBAN became synonomous w/ BLACK/AFRICAN-AMERICAN. Never liked that shit and never will.

did she look like this?

They all did. God, it was a great night...I got so surley...they were all strangers, and I didn't want to make any friends.

They all smoked, which bothered me, because here they all were, 'fighting the man,' and spending $6/pack to support Phillip Morris. I mean, smoke if you want, but don't preach at me through your cigarettes, foll.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

PIRG chicks = future cat ladies

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    cab drivers with zero personality.

I prefer this. It's annoying when you get in a cab with something on your mind, your headphones on, or just flat out don't feel like talking to no one, and you get some cabbie who insists on talking your ear off about what ever. and will not get the hint that you prefer not talking. and it's even worse when they act like they know everything about everything, but are really just out of their minds.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    When URBAN became synonomous w/ BLACK/AFRICAN-AMERICAN. Never liked that shit and never will.

did she look like this?

They all did. God, it was a great night...I got so surley...they were all strangers, and I didn't want to make any friends.

They all smoked, which bothered me, because here they all were, 'fighting the man,' and spending $6/pack to support Phillip Morris. I mean, smoke if you want, but don't preach at me through your cigarettes, foll.

Keep these sumamabitches far,far away from me.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    When it rains here the roads flood on one side(poor drainage maintenance)people take this opportunity to place things like small boulders,old fridges to block off the flooded side,and then they stand there with rocks in their hands daring you to splash them.
    The public works stealing the public funds and never finishing the road repair.
    There's a road close to where i work where you have to drive on the sidewalk to get through(There is no road just a massive hole too deep to drive down in),it's been like this for the past 2 years,they might fix it when the elections come around in the next two years i think .

The Govt thinking that it would be a good idea to close down the main asylum in the city,to build public housing,releasing the majority of the patients on the streets.
    They have spread out through the entire city and suburbs you cant even put your garbage out, you have wait for the garbage pickup day,WHICH IS ONCE A WEEK.

Is this post yet?

The Govt thinking that it would be a good idea to close down the main asylum in the city,to build pulic housing,releasing the majority of the patients on the streets.

Throw some drug abuse into the mix.

Sidewalk vendors who take up the entire sidewalk,so you're forced to walk in the road.
    People that walk in the road when the sidewalk is empty and clear of any obstacles.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    folks who wear sneaks with their business clothes on their way to work, and then change into their buinsess shoes at their cube, and then before they leave at 4:55 they put them on again in front of everyone.

• folks who wear sneaks with their business clothes on their way to work, and then change into their buinsess shoes at their cube, and then before they leave at 4:55 they put them on again in front of everyone.

Necessity sometimes, mang.

I thought it was only women who did this....But I did work with some guy who did this, we were twenty and the commute was about 20 min.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    folks who wear sneaks with their business clothes on their way to work, and then change into their buinsess shoes at their cube, and then before they leave at 4:55 they put them on again in front of everyone.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    that reminds of another to add to the list: people who incessantly talk about their dogs and "doggie daycare." its an animal, not a kid.

Dead animals(Dogs,cats) killed in the street left there until theyre a crushed out mess,when one could have easily dragged it on to sidewalk and burnt the carcass,isnt that the civilized way?

• My customers are (for the most part) awesome. Yesterday was totally rad - my customers ranged from a middle-aged gay couple who are old Loft heads that shop for disco raers together to a jolly Japanese dealer to Dante Carfagna.

Johnny, I must tell you that you are living a fucking dream of mine that I have had for soo many years. Sure, their is the business paperwork crap that goes along with it..but the good parts out weigh that SOO much. Keep doing your thing, man...you are living the good life..and that is fucking awesome. I'm happy for you, and I dont even know you.

ps: im jealous

-Heath Sweat

that reminds of another to add to the list: people who incessantly talk about their dogs and "doggie daycare." its an animal, not a kid.

No Shit!!! Granted, living in the city with a dog requires a little more attention then usual, but some folks just go all out-----paying dog walkers ---doggie daycare, or the condition of the local doggie park-----breed and rescue clubs--- Don't get me wrong I am a dog lover, but it starts to become obvious at some point when people start becoming in serious need of human relationships, and need to stop playing family with your K9----Don't forget the loot dropped on some of those dogs----Coach collars, etc etc.???? Freaky shit.

Ghetto communities that block/baracade their roads making it a oneway in reverse back out situation,i think this is what you call(self policing)so no one can drive in shoot up the spot and escape quickly.
    and the authorities turn a blind eye to it and let it remain permanently.

• Ghetto communities that block/baracade their roads making it a oneway in reverse back out situation,i think this is what you call(self policing)so no one can drive in shoot up the spot and escape quickly.

Maggie, you're about to get a slew of angry PMs from the JA board of tourism.

What's wrong with that? Business shoes are expensive and don't handle long distance walking like sneakers do. Hell, I'd do the same thing if I ever had that type of job.

Ghetto communities that block/baracade their roads making it a oneway in reverse back out situation,i think this is what you call(self policing)so no one can drive in shoot up the spot and escape quickly.

Maggie, you're about to get a slew of angry PMs from the JA board of tourism.

I should slow down, but Fuc them.

You got some weird pet peeves.

The lack of a adequately trained or paid police force,that only act like they're enforcing the law.
    but really they're just taking bribes under the pretence of "beggin' yuh a food/lunchmoney" or saying things like "right or left?" which means(w/rite the ticket or lef/t leave a money" with him.

And before all of you think that this it is just a few of the police that act this way here,i'm here to tell you, they ALL act this way in JA[/b]

• And before all of you think that this it is just a few of the police that act this way here,i'm here to tell you, they ALL act this way in JA[/b]