urban pet peeves

15678911»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    going on the supermarket tip, next mufuckah with 50 items in the 10 or less express lane is catching a basket to the dome

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    where is the etiquette people

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So, given that stepping to three dudes outside the Bursar's office is a bad look, I spent the next 45 minutes exchanging nasty one-liners with those douchebags. Still, I was more disappointed in the 100 people behind me. Y'all don't even have the balls to jump on the bandwagon as part of the faceless mob?

Exactly. Sometimes trying to 'enlist' the public in that situation works and then sometimes cats just mind their business.

ill give Whole Foods some credit for having that color-bar-line system.

New Transplants in Lower Man-Hattin & Brook-Lyn talmbout Harlem & The Bronx "is so far away."

I'm pretty sure this just means they don't want to go home with you

Hahaha...I didnt catch this.

After Iron man this afternoon, i stepped over to the Supermarket.
    I hit the line w/ my stuff and theres some donuts & shit on the belt. The lady in front of me was finishing up her transaction. As soon as i start to get my exchange goin', out of nowhere the owner of the donuts & shit returns talmbout "Im ahead of u." I told him, NO, that's str8 bullshit. You cant leave your 3 packages on the belt as spot claim. The lady ahead of me never said-"he'll be right back" and neither did the teller. I'd have to pause if that was the case. This is some real bullshit. And dude was gone for a good 5 minutes.
    So money tried to get physical and push his way ahead of me. I was not havin that shit. Im not gonna award your bad manners and behavior w/ a pass, so i pushed that muthafucka back and raised a fuss up in that piece. After that dude just left w/out payin for his donuts and shit.
    This is is str8 violation of store line game. Back the fuck up!

At this one grocery store, I had the same thing happen to me like 4 times in a 2 week span...where there's only 2 lines open, I bring my 2 or 3 items to the express lane of the 2 and stand behind a line of a couple other people. Soon thereafter there are another couple of people in line behind me. By the time I'm next in line, the lane next to ours opens up and the clerk goes to the BACK of my line and tells the person "I can take you over here."

The first 3 times it happened, I just shrugged my shoulders. But the fourth time, I walked right over to the new clerk in front of the person he had called over. New clerk didn't like it either...as if I subverted his authority. I pointed out to him that I was next in line...and his response was that he figured that "that was good enough," so thus he called someone over from the back of that line instead. Upon completing my transaction, I just left it at saying "whatever"...instead of "that makes no fuckin' sense whatsoever."

See, while i sympathize w/ u. When this happens, I feel its everyman for themselves. New Line = New Rules. I actually just chill in my original line and watch others scramble to what is really the same tempo.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    when i'm walking down the street and coming in the other direction is a dope girl around my age or younger, and she keeps her head down the entire time, never looking up to even check me out once.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    when i'm walking down the street and coming in the other direction is a dope girl around my age or younger, and she keeps her head down the entire time, never looking up to even check me out once.

Sounds like you need some flashy shoes.

If you are stepping on to a train, please step INSIDE the car, don't stop at the doors when there are six other people waiting to get in and the doors are about to close.

Exactly. Why the fuck are u huddles around the door when ur not gettin off for another 10 stops. MOVE YOUR ASS IN.

What I ususally do is Football my way into the inside of the car and say very loudly..."THIS IS HOW YOU RIDE THE SUBWAY!" Mofos look at me like im the villian,but when 125th comes up they get squished and im reading the Dining Section nice and comfy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If you are stepping on to a train, please step INSIDE the car, don't stop at the doors when there are six other people waiting to get in and the doors are about to close.

Mega-

That's a regular happening on BART, and every time, I'm left to ponder the age-old question: "How fuck[/b]ing dumb are you people?"

I am not at all shy about shoving my way past people, either. Don't like it? Move your ass, then.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    People that hate their jobs and like to take it out on you.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    My urban pet peeve is the night time bar crowds that just spread out all over the sidewalk and don't acknowledge that people are walking in the middle of the Frickin' street just to get around them. They don't realize that because they're inevitably on their phone all like

"yeah... hey... no we're almost... what? 3rd and... what's this street? [asks passer by] Hey what street are we on? Avenue B... no, B[/b]... yeah, so... like, where... oh, do you want to just... ok, we're on our... no, we'll meet you over there. We're like, right there... just around the corner... ok... alright, no seriously like 5 minutes tops... for real, ok. later."

I just push these assholes out of my way, which becomes waaaay funner when they're all pissy drunk and have no balance and fall into the street.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    another subway one: when the doors open at a station and people try to get on the train before people get off it. This pisses the shit out of me sooo bad. It's like, are you serious? What would happen if everyone was a dumbass like you? No one would get anywhere.

In barcelona i was waiting to get on the train and some asshole did this to try and get a seat on a crowded train. he just kind of disapeard into this mess of people and then reapeared charging backward out of the train with this 50 year old woman pushing this asshole backward with an outstreached arm. she pushed him right out of the train and continued on her way. I wish i would have applauded. She's my hero haha.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    If you are stepping on to a train, please step INSIDE the car

Related: If you're on the platform and the train that has just arrived is NOT YOUR TRAIN, move. Many people would like to board this train. You don't need to maintain pole position for when your train eventually arrives.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    u guys all sound

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    another subway one: when the doors open at a station and people try to get on the train before people get off it. This pisses the shit out of me sooo bad. It's like, are you serious? What would happen if everyone was a dumbass like you? No one would get anywhere.

i might have mentioned this back on page 2 of this thread, but if i didn't, YES THIS DRIVES ME INSANE. i seriously end up throwing shoulder blocks at people.

this drives me nuts for so many reasons

i swear it didn't used to be like that... i swear growing up (at least in boston) most people had enough Frickin' common sense to let people off first... it's a very simple two step process, LET PEOPLE OFF, (THUS MAKING MORE ROOM FOR YOU), AND THEN YOU GET ON...

and the the Frickin' conductor gets on the intercom every stop likes he's our dad going "PLEASE LET THE PEOPLE OFF THE TRAIN FIRST" ...just sad...

the worst is on those crazy crowded summer days when there's been a service problem or something and the platform is packed and people SWARM into the train... i have seen old people knocked back trying to get out... sad...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't know if it already came up, but on the subway douche bags
    tip, are the people who STAND RIGHT IN THE DOORWAY even though the
    train isn't all that crowded, and force everyone entering or exiting
    to manuever around them or push through them just to get by. Another
    one that the conductor has to pull a Dad over the intercom, with the
    "PLEASE MOVE INTO THE TRAIN SO THAT EVERYONE MAY BOARD" announcement.

edit: just scrolled back and saw that this exact shit was posted by 2
    other people only a couple of posts above ... oops. When I clicked on
    the thread it acted like the P_Gunn one above was the first one I hadn't
    read. COMING SOON: ONLINE PET PEEVES - MALFALKERS THAT DON'T READ THREADS
    BEFORE THEY POST REPLIES

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Also, on the flipside of the grocery store line thing, just the
    other night I was in line at the Store 24 and decided I wanted some
    peanut M&M's, which are right on the front of the counter, like 3 feet
    away from where I'm standing in line. I did this quick stretch step
    that was more of a lean than a change of position, and dude behind me
    all slides around in front of me on some "YOU LOST YOUR PLACE" type-move.
    It was seriously about as petty as shit can get in this situation, so I
    just gave it back by physically wedging myself back in front of him,
    not even looking at the clown. He all muttered some "damn that's bullshit"
    real quiet under his breath and I laughed out loud, maybe a little TOO loud.

But damn if those M&M's didn't taster even sweeter than usual.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    going on the supermarket tip, next mufuckah with 50 items in the 10 or less express lane is catching a basket to the dome

Hilarious.

Then people in other lines started to get loud and tell her to STFU, and she proceeded to get louder until the (female) manager said "Do not let this blue CVS shirt fool you--I will beat that azz," and she quieted down.
    '

As usual, this is pretty weak though. Having a female step up for you!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I just push these assholes out of my way, which becomes waaaay funner when they're all pissy drunk and have no balance and fall into the street.

DOPE.

My pet peeve is people who are walking 2,3, or 4 people across on the sidewalk. Tha fuck out of here with that bull shit. Other people use the sidewalk too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hilarious.

Then people in other lines started to get loud and tell her to STFU, and she proceeded to get louder until the (female) manager said "Do not let this blue CVS shirt fool you--I will beat that azz," and she quieted down.
    '

As usual, this is pretty weak though. Having a female step up for you!

Um, okay. I wasn't even in the situation at that point--I was on my out the door and she was still having a tantrum.

I now realize that a real dude such as yourself wouldn't have passed up such an opportunity to have a physical confrontation with an overweight woman, though, and I am appropriately chagrined.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

I now realize that a real dude such as yourself wouldn't have passed up such an opportunity to have a physical confrontation with an overweight woman