NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    more bball talk please
    I needs that talk to get me through the next 24 hours before the big games holler

What team r u claiming?

Yuichi iz talkin shit about VCarter. If he single handedly beats my Pacers, he can kill that no fundamentals shit.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    more bball talk please

OK....I'll do some drunk after winning a big Softball game rambling tonight....

WHY ALLEN IVERSON IS THE MODERN DAY EARL MONROE

Earl the Pearl could dominate a game....inside/outside, circus shot hall of fame.....12 points in a minute and a half good......then he went to the Knicks, the smartest team in the history of the NBA, and won it all in '73.

AI needs to get onto a team where he can be a great contributor, but not the star. Teamed up with the right guys he could win 2-3 Championships before he retires.

I hope he gets that opportunity.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    more bball talk please

Earl the Pearl could dominate a game....inside/outside, circus shot hall of fame.....12 points in a minute and a half good......then he went to the Knicks, the smartest team in the history of the NBA, and won it all in '73.

AI needs to get onto a team where he can be a great contributor, but not the star. Teamed up with the right guys he could win 2-3 Championships before he retires.

Agreed. Will he ever get the chance?

Speaking of which, how many people think Garnett is going to demand a trade this off season? Where could he go? People are mentioning the Pacers as a likely candidate because they have a lot of guys to trade. I know the Knicks have been the talk of the town, especially after they got Francis. That immediately opened talks of trading him or Marbury plus others for Garnett. If you were the Wolves would you take either of those guys plus baggage though? Marbury has turned out to be a great scorer, but also a big time whiner for every team he's been on. Francis is good, but he's not a franchise player, despiite the Steve Franchise moniker.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

AI really is not the guy that he's made out to be. Far from perfect, sure, but the media (here in Philly in particular) make homie out to be Jeffrey Dahmer or somebody. He is a natural scorer and will probably never be a pure point guard, but he WILL pass the ball and look to make his teammates better if the right guys are around him. His problem in Philly has been the bums surrounding him more than anything else. Just look at him in all-star games and in the Olympics... of course he's gonna take his shots, but he also does a lot of deferring to others when he has dudes around him that can make and / or aren't scared to take an open jumper.
    Any teams out there right now you think would be a good fit, Rockadelic?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    more bball talk please
    I needs that talk to get me through the next 24 hours before the big games holler

What team r u claiming?

Suns even though I should be rooting for the lakers. I'm fairly new to following bball but I have to say Nash and Co. got me interested in the game. Mavs and Spurs have been fun to watch, too.

more bball talk please

I read a good article in the USATODAY about how its time for AI to be traded.

He needs to go to a system where he can not be an offensive black hole,and other cats can grow. I cant name a player whose game improved alongside AI.

As far as him being the next JESUS, I dont know. Could he help the Pacers improve?
    There has to be a team without a dominant pg who could use his skills without him
    suckin up the ball.

Sacramento might be scary with AI.......Clippers???

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If anyone wants thier b-ball fix now they should be watching ESPN classic. For the last couple nights they've been playing nothing but NBA playoff games. Right now they have the Nuggest vs Sonics when Mutombo and company beat Payton and Kemp. Next is an 80s game between the Lakers and Spurs. Last night I caught Ralph Sampson's prayer shot beating Magic's Lakers. I also caught a classic Ewing-Starks vs. Jordan-Pippen game last night. Good stuff!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    why is everybody going against the clippers ? they were 22-2 or something when maggette and everybody else plays...

right now the clippers are more interesting to watch than the lakers...

i don't know about pacers over nets...not like the nets are that great but the pacers were one game under .500. no team should make the playoffs under .500...

pacers=

hate to admit it but looks like it's the pistons year. unless of course someone on the pistons gets injured, could happen those guys have been logging lots of minutes and they've had zero injuries so far this year. the spurs just don't look that good even though they won 60+ again. i'm really praying it's not spurs pistons again in the finals.

spurs pistons finals is like watching paint dry...

i don't know about pacers over nets...not like the nets are that great but the pacers were one game under .500. no team should make the playoffs under .500...

Would u be surprised if the Pacers won?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

AI really is not the guy that he's made out to be. Far from perfect, sure, but the media (here in Philly in particular) make homie out to be Jeffrey Dahmer or somebody. He is a natural scorer and will probably never be a pure point guard, but he WILL pass the ball and look to make his teammates better if the right guys are around him. His problem in Philly has been the bums surrounding him more than anything else. Just look at him in all-star games and in the Olympics... of course he's gonna take his shots, but he also does a lot of deferring to others when he has dudes around him that can make and / or aren't scared to take an open jumper.

no doubt, AI wouldn't get so much flack if he had a worthy team to play with. Team AI up with Garnett and you'll have something to take to the bank.

Also wanna cosign on the ESPN Classic games that been on, last night in a 4am half-passed out stupor after the bar, I saw the end of the 2001 mavs (nash, nowitski) vs. jazz (stockton and malone - their last year? don't remember) playoffs, that shit was hot (not necessarily classic being only 5 years agoi, but dope game nonetheless, love watching stockton's 39 year old ass school fools). saw an 86 lakers game with kareem, some other crazy playoff shit. i have been wanting to see some of the bulls playoffs from their era but havent caught any of those yet. i hope they keep dishing these games out. takes me back.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Gilbert Arenas is getting a grown man teary-eyed man.....

How much does he have at the half? Who has been the surprise in the first game?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Lebron James. My man CAME TO PLAY. Plus, the Ex-football player tuck-it-in-and-carry-it-to-the-hoop is doing jumbers on Washington. It's 57-39 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd. Solid performance by Cleveland so far!

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Go Cavs

Oh and can someone who follows more basketball than me explain this??

Im @ fuckin work right now,dammit!!!! I cant wait to get home w/ 2 six packs and check the late games.

Im @ fuckin work right now,dammit!!!! I cant wait to get home w/ 2 six packs and check the late games.

don't worry you're not missing much. but you did miss the great Gilbert Arenas interview at halftime.

Oh and can someone who follows more basketball than me explain this??

i honestly don't think that can be explained, period. file under: watched too much Black. White. before the playoffs started...?

I AM FEELING THE ABC THEME MUSIC. It brings me back to vintage Jordan footage at Niketown, "Porcelain" playing through the speakers.

TRIPLEDOUBLE FOR LEBRON, and my vote for MVP.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

I stopped watching the end of that and switched over to SA/SAC. LeBron was 2 rebounds from a triple double. i'm guessing he got them? Dudes a beast. Arenas was lookin' hurt...

"The worse defeat in Sacramento playoff history."

Artest got

NEXT!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    "The worse defeat in Sacramento playoff history."

Artest got

NEXT!

word is bond... calf deep into that sacramento ass! gotta start callin' them dudes the queens again after that one.

OH SHIT, Haslem threw his mouthgard at an official??!!! HAHAHAHa...

Ejected and possibly suspended!

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    BEN GORDON is my new favorite player - GO BULLS!!! BEAT THE HEAT!!!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    hinrich bitch, go bulls

reasons for the Laker's defeat Sunday:

1) lack of confidence due to young age.
    2) inability to hit open J's in the clutch due to (1)
    3) free throws
    4) 2 crucial miss calls by the refs down the stretch. One being the blocking foul by Kwame, when it shoulda been a charge. The other being the slap on Bryant's face in the final minutes.

other than that, i felt the Lakers executed well. Kobe looked tired though.

3) free throws
    4) 2 crucial miss calls by the refs down the stretch. One being the blocking foul by Kwame, when it shoulda been a charge. The other being the slap on Bryant's face in the final minutes.

That looked like the Lakers at their best.....Phoenix Sweeps 'Em

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

3) free throws

and yet, nobody cares.

lakers no answer for phx. kobe's heroics will get them 1 but as a group they're just too young.