NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yao ming & carmelo anthony are effing killing it these days... unfortunetly, my gs warriors season is pretty much over... they can at least play out the season and play spoiler once again.

jrich though is beasting.

-rich

Alot of people thought they would turn the corner this season. Oh well.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    "So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault," Brown said.

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown nor marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

look for marbury to pair up with lebron next year (no....on the CAVS!) with a snow+gooden+filler for marbury+filler deal. book it.

"So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault," Brown said.

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown no marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

look for marbury to pair up with lebron next year (no....on the CAVS!) with a snow+gooden+filler for marbury+filler deal. book it.

It's everybody's fault. From the top down.

In the end I'll trust the cat w/ the better track record.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Marbury's such a chump.

My Mavs are sooo banged up right now. No Howard, Harris, KVH or Griffin. They are having to seriously grind it out and Dirk could vault to the lead of the MVP race if they can keep their record up through this strectch. He has to step up. Cats like Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell gettin big minutes.

You know, I've been kinda down on the Mavs this season, but I have to say, I'm coming around. They're really getting beaten up by injuries, but I was very reluctant to think of them as anything but the gaudy offensive numbers/nice regular season record/second-round KO in the playoffs team that they'e been for so many recent years. I have to admit, they've really picked it up this year. And with my Spurs hurting, the West is certainly available for the taking.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    As with every NBA season, it begins with my hopes high that the Trailblazers will improve on their previous season, make the playoffs, make the finals, and win the NBA championship. It hasn't worked out that way this season, but until Tuesday night, I didn't realize just how bad it has gotten. It's really gotten bad, folks.

I went to the game on Tuesday night against the Bulls and I have never, I mean never, seen a more pathetic display of basketball in all my life than that which I witnessed at the United Center on Tuesday night. In losing 95-66 to the well-under .500 Chicago Bulls, not a single player on the Trailblazers played consistently well. Zach Randolph had some bright flashes on the offensive end, but he was lazy on defense and didn't box out. Darius Miles, a player who really has a lot of upside, played like he smoked a fat beer bong around 4 pm and woke up just in time for the tip-off - lazy on both ends of the floor. And don't even get me started about Sebastian Telfair. maybe we can convince the second-worst GM in the league, Isaiah Thomas, that bringing him home to play in New York would be a good thing for the team, because I don't see any other way to get rid of him and his multimillion dollar salary.

I take that back - there was one player on the Blazers who put in a solid performance: the newest Trailblazer Brian Skinner. He hustled on both ends, made some nice plays on offense, and hit the floor going for loose balls a handful of times. And what does he get in return? Dissed. He hits the floor for a loose ball trying to get after an offensive rebound that ends up going out of bounds. Instead of helping the man up, patting his ass for an effort well-spent, the other four Trailblazers headed to the other end of the floor to phone in another defensive series. Help your teammate off the ground for god's sake, you losers.

Then last night, they scored five points in the fourth quarter to squander a lead against the Nets. I know in some card games, if you get the kind of impossibly bad hand, you can throw 'em in and ask the dealer for a fresh set. Is that possible in the NBA? I'd keep Martell Webster and Steve Blake from the current crop of Trailblazers, and cash in the rest. Even Zach Randolph. He's a beast, but he doesn't make good decisions on the offensive end (low field-goal percentage related) and he doesn't box out with consistency.

For now, there's still hope we'll finish with a better record than the Knicks. And then there's always next year.

GO BLAZERS![/b]
    JRoot

I dont think the TrailBlazers are gonna be in Portland for too long.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    And don't even get me started about Sebastian Telfair. maybe we can convince the second-worst GM in the league, Isaiah Thomas, that bringing him home to play in New York would be a good thing for the team, because I don't see any other way to get rid of him and his multimillion dollar salary.

I think it's funny that ESPN is trying so hard to make a star out of Telfair. You know what would make him a star? Playing well. But he's in way over his head, so that's not gonna happen for a while.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

DIE! DIE! DIE! This is the scenario that must not be discussed, for to discuss it is to lend legitimacy to the idea that this is a possibility. If this ever occurs, I will never watch an NBA game again. Believe that.

DIE!
    JRoot

DIE! DIE! DIE! This is the scenario that must not be discussed, for to discuss it is to lend legitimacy to the idea that this is a possibility. If this ever occurs, I will never watch an NBA game again. Believe that.

DIE!
    JRoot

Buffalo Trailblazers

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

DIE!
    JRoot

Buffalo Trailblazers

DIE! DIE! DIE!

DIE!
    JRoot

Buffalo Trailblazers

DIE! DIE! DIE!

St.Louis

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

property in the kaman islands is on the rise!

sorry about that...
    but this ghoulish looking center has been dominating recently, even in his match-ups against KG last night (24 points, 23 boards!) and duncan last week.

Dude couldn't get the ball in last night vs the Suns though. Guess it was an atypical game for the Clippers last night.,

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    watch the nuggets, 4 and 1 on their 7 game road trip thus far. that makes it a record for the nuggets. I think toronto is next.

melo clutch game winner against the pacers =

And how bout the Mavs holding the Cavs to an NBA record low of 8 points in the third quarter the other night? And it was still a close game.

• watch the nuggets, 4 and 1 on their 7 game road trip thus far. that makes it a record for the nuggets. I think toronto is next.

melo clutch game winner against the pacers =

And how bout the Mavs holding the Cavs to an NBA record low of 8 points in the third quarter the other night? And it was still a close game.

Yeah, mavs were down 19 at the half after Dirk started 1-10 and cats like Rawle marshall were turnin the ball over every possession.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bufallo trail balzers! hahahaha

By the way this man has been recently (5 blocks a game damn!!!!)
    I loved him as young NYer and now im loving the nuggets more and more each game.

Although i hated the Mavs i must tip my hat to their efforts. Very pleased about the clippers and is being doubled team and still killin shit. This might be the toughening upp he needed. Although rockets must be disapointed with their season.

Its going to be a fucking great playoff season...unpredictable

ps: that trade for marbury seems pretty fucking likely, nice hypothesis

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

DIE! DIE! DIE!

Not funny,
    JRoot

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    sorry dude
    i myself used to love the blazers when randolph was a rookie and they we're upsetting west powers slight brilliance by sheed before meltdowns...

btw guys here is

NBA's Greatest fights

classic shawn bradley sonnage. A must for any respectable nba hatteur

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown no marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

It's everybody's fault. From the top down.

In the end I'll trust the cat w/ the better track record.

zeke is obviously in way over his head. i read an interesting article in the nyt when charlotte came to town the other day comparing the franchises' disparate visions: youth and team, as opposed to veteran ballhogs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jailblazer diaspora

Where are they now?

just funnin'. to be fair they are ballers, but weren't too corporate-friendly.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Jailblazer diaspora

Where are they now?

Last seen playing for Golden State, I think.
    When Wells was a rookie, even a second-year player, I thought that his prime outside shooting skills were sufficient to make him a player around which the franchise would continue to grow in its historically excellent direction. He then turned truant, and began fighting publicly with the coaching staff. He had to go, and I have sympathy for whatever team has to deal with him until he decides to get his grown man on and take care of business. He's paid to play, so play. Stop whining. Good riddance.

Recently traded to Denver in the five team (or whatever) deal that had the Blazers acquire the champion of mediocre veterans, Vashon Leonard, and Brian Skinner, about whom I wrote above.

Ruben Patterson is a fireplug on the court, but that sexual assault conviction or whatever is on him like his shadow. I can't support players who are violent towards women, even when they can be counted on to score ten straight points form time to time when they get the notion. Sad to say, he was one of our better players before the trade, but good riddance.

This one's a twofer: Damon and Rasheed. Damon is playing guard somewhere, not sure where. Rasheed is an all-star for Detroit, we got Theo Ratliff for him I think. If he could ever get healthy again (unlikely), he can be a stolid defender. Last season (or was it two seasons ago), there was a game that he had eight blocks.

On Damon:
    I've hated Damon Stoudamire since the day he decided to go play college ball at Arizona. Sure, he was able to go there and compete annually in the NCAA Tournament, but as a Portland boy, he should have headed two hours south to Eugene to play with his cousin Antoine at the University of Oregon. Such treachery cannot be tolerated, nor can it be forgotten.

When he came back to play for the beloved Trailblazers, I thought that he had realized the error of his ways, but my forgiveness was too quick in coming. I should have seen the error of the front office's ways in acquiring him. He's an undersized point guard who prefers shooting to passing, and is a defensive liability. He can go on offensive hot streaks, but I was begging the Blazer management to get rid of him when they could have acquired something worthwhile. instead, they waited until he was past his dubious prime and got nothing. Good going Trailblazers.

But on the jail tip, I don't think Damon ever went. They found a whole bunch of pot in his house, but he hired a good lawyer, got the discovery quashed on fourth amendment grounds (I think), and walked away scott-free. Now that's how you handle yours. Good work, Damon.

On Rasheed:
    Rasheed Wallace grew up while he was a Portland Trailblazer. He was always one of the best five power forwards in the league (although he should drive more), but in the first few years, we couldn't count on him to stay in the game. His reaction to the refs, even when they admittedly single him out for b.s. calls, was just immature and it got in the way of some Portland victories.

Even though he was a head case, I always liked him and still do. There were about three weeks (I think) between when they traded the dreaded Bonzi to Memphis and when they traded Rasheed to Detroit, and that was the last good three weeks of basketball the Blazers put together. If they hadn't traded him, they'd be a different and better squad today. I wish we had him back.

Go Blazers, win 30.[/b]
    JRoot

But on the jail tip, I don't think Damon ever went. They found a whole bunch of pot in his house, but he hired a good lawyer, got the discovery quashed on fourth amendment grounds (I think), and walked away scott-free. Now that's how you handle yours. Good work, Damon.

sucks that as a professional athlete, speeding tickets and possession of marijuana are blow out of proportion.

un-related, but LAKER FANS AND SPORTS FANS ALIKE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. I just finished it and it's a really entertaining and well-written book:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

un-related, but LAKER FANS AND SPORTS FANS ALIKE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

This colorful tome WILL WORK YOU, SON!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

By the way this man has been recently (5 blocks a game damn!!!!)
    I loved him as young NYer and now im loving the nuggets more and more each game.

No doubt, Camby all day. Him and Miller are the heart of the nuggets squad in my opinion. Denver got a nice bench this season too. They are a lot of fun to watch, especially at home. I'm trying to go to the SA game next week. We're gonna win, damnit.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

property in the kaman islands is on the rise!

sorry about that...
    but this ghoulish looking center has been dominating recently, even in his match-ups against KG last night (24 points, 23 boards!) and duncan last week.

Dude couldn't get the ball in last night vs the Suns though. Guess it was an atypical game for the Clippers last night.,

yeah i read the recap (6pm games fuck up my watching steez)
    ugly will be back tomorrow night to his recent trend of putting up 20+ pts, snatching boards, and shot-blocking
    the clippers are fun to watch if nothing else but to watch brand and kaman swat fools...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown nor marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

un-related, but LAKER FANS AND SPORTS FANS ALIKE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

This colorful tome WILL WORK YOU, SON!

you're slippin' man...

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

seriously, he's a classic case of superstars who become a coach or goes into a management position who doesn't know a thing about what constitutes a great team.

Marbury is physically capable, he just has no motivation.

seriously, he's a classic case of superstars who become a coach or goes into a management position who doesn't know a thing about what constitutes a great team.

"I'm very proud of what I accomplished here in Indy," Thomas said. "Every player I've coached has had a breakout year and played his best basketball in the NBA. I wish the Pacers the best." [/b]

and

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts