NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Rasheed and Hamilton got ejected though.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yeah, I heard it was a NUTTY game, something that would only happen on St. Patrick's Day, beneath a full moon in New York City. This HAS TO BE our wake up call to close the season strong and shake off the few teams on our tail for best record.

Yeah, I heard it was a NUTTY game, something that would only happen on St. Patrick's Day, beneath a full moon in New York City. This HAS TO BE our wake up call to close the season strong and shake off the few teams on our tail for best record.

Yeah, u guys are lookin' uninspired. You'll be okay.

I like seein Linsey Hunter back w/ the Pistons. He's made Isiah Thomas expendable back in the days.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I like seein Linsey Hunter back w/ the Pistons. He's made Isiah Thomas expendable back in the days.

I'm not even thinkin' about Hunter, not with Tony Delk coming off the bench. He's had several solid games for us already. Feelin' it!

I'm not even thinkin' about Hunter, not with Tony Delk coming off the bench. He's had several solid games for us already. Feelin' it!

No doubt............your bench will be tight by the playoffs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

those are the ugliest colors i've seen in a while. Nate straight up looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

those are the ugliest colors i've seen in a while. Nate straight up looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Nah....

If throwbacks/jersey were still in, I'd cop a green Knick/Bull jersey.
    Freak that florida gator color combo, baby.

Nah....

If throwbacks/jersey were still in, I'd cop a green Knick/Bull jersey.
    Freak that florida gator color combo, baby.

Gator jerseys are fine. THIS IS NOT.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

green uniforms in New York =

green uniforms in New York =

I disagree w/ both of y'all.

I enjoyed watching Marbury in this color scheme. A one day alternative is refreshing.

Just like.........

Refreshing IMO.

Yuichi...

What are cats in LA sayin about ARTEST in SAC?

THreatened or whatever.

Most of the dudes I know think that was a great move for Sactown. I too think so.
    I mean they're 8-2 in their last 10 games and playoff bound. He brings toughness to their team (getting the opponent's best guards out of sync) and lately a more than sufficient outside game. He's really good.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yuichi, are you sufficiently impressed with Nate Robinson yet?

Yea man, i'm impressed with his game. I was just being anal about his "off-backboard, through-the-legs dunk", which i still think is quite hard to do, even though he got boosties for days. But i won't argue that anymore.

Yea man, i'm impressed with his game. I was just being anal about his "off-backboard, through-the-legs dunk", which i still think is quite hard to do, even though he got boosties for days. But i won't argue that anymore.

Let's be realistic. He's not a championship level guard at all. By the time the Knicks become a playoff bound team, he'll be a back-up. Defensive liability.

Let's be realistic. He's not a championship level guard at all. By the time the Knicks become a playoff bound team, he'll be a back-up. Defensive liability.

no doubt about that.

to be fair though, there's only a handful of championship level guards in the league.

no doubt about that.

really though, there's only a handful of championship level guards in the league.

I'd say there's a little bit more than a handful, but whatever.

Robinson at best could be like this cat.

D-Fish........As much as LA needed Shaq and Kobe, they couldn't have done it without him. Los Angeles fans know the deal. Incredible 3-point accuracy, fundamentally-sound defense, hustle, and solidarity to the team.

Ofcourse timing and placement are just as important as individual talent in determining who's championship-caliber and who's not, but off the top.....Guards that have potential to lead their team to the top:

Lebron
    Chris Paul
    Ron Artest
    D-Wade
    Jason Terry
    Josh Howard

course i don't know too much about their defense cuz i haven't watched enough.

D-Fish........As much as LA needed Shaq and Kobe, they couldn't have done it without him. Los Angeles fans know the deal. Incredible 3-point accuracy, fundamentally-sound defense, hustle, and solidarity to the team.

Ofcourse timing and placement are just as important as individual talent in determining who's championship-caliber and who's not, but off the top.....Guards that have potential to lead their team to the top:

Lebron
    Chris Paul
    Ron Artest
    D-Wade
    Jason Terry
    Josh Howard

course i don't know too much about their defense cuz i haven't watched enough.

The only cat on that list I'm weary about is Chris Paul. The L tends to over hype cats. BARON DAVIS ANDRE MILLER MICHEAL REDD anyone.

The few moments i've caught him on t.v., Chris Paul seemed to have a great sense of the game. As much as I like B-diddy, i don't think he's gonna do it. Miller is a "good" guard, not great. Michael Redd can shoot, but that's about it.

The few moments i've caught him on t.v., Chris Paul seemed to have a great sense of the game. As much as I like B-diddy, i don't think he's gonna do it. Miller is a "good" guard, not great. Michael Redd can shoot, but that's about it.

I haven't seen him play yet. Is he a shoot first PG?

I haven't seen him play yet. Is he a shoot first PG?

although he can shoot and penetrate into the lane himself, he's got great court vision and recognition of the opposition's positioning on defense. Which is remarkable for his age, and thus the hype among NBA analysts. I've watched only a little of his play, but as long as he stays healthy, he should be among the group of young stars in the league.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    "So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault," Brown said.

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown nor marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

look for marbury to pair up with lebron next year (no....on the CAVS!) with a snow+gooden+filler for marbury+filler deal. book it.

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

seriously, he's a classic case of superstars who become a coach or goes into a management position who doesn't know a thing about what constitutes a great team.

Marbury is physically capable, he just has no motivation.

I don't think Marbury's problem is motivational, I think it's mental. The guy wants to score points first second third and last.

"So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault," Brown said.

doesn't this explain exactly why it's the coach's fault? i'm neither a brown nor marbury fan, but if you have the best guard in the league shouldn't your team be able to muster more than 17 wins so far? i mean that's just not the evidence i would point to, personally.

look for marbury to pair up with lebron next year (no....on the CAVS!) with a snow+gooden+filler for marbury+filler deal. book it.

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

seriously, he's a classic case of superstars who become a coach or goes into a management position who doesn't know a thing about what constitutes a great team.

Marbury is physically capable, he just has no motivation.

I don't think Marbury's problem is motivational, I think it's mental. The guy wants to score points first second third and last.

i disagree. His career avg. for assists is 8.1. But he still does a lot of standing around the perimeter, and just passing it without purpose. I believe it's a combination of pride and lack of motivation. He's still capable of taking it to the next level. Maybe he needs like a Hubie Brown type coach.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Marbury has said several times that he wants to play 2 guard this year. His heart is in scoring, not being a point guard.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rookie of the year....Chris Paul
    MVP......Steve Nash
    Coach of the Year.....Avery Johnson
    Biggest Disappointment....Golden State/Boston
    Biggest suprise....Milwaukee

Better of the Peja/Artest deal ? ......Indiana

Who will finish with a better record Knicks or Bobcats ?.....Knicks

MVP......Steve Nash
    Biggest Disappointment....Golden State/Boston
    Biggest suprise....Milwaukee

Better of the Peja/Artest deal ? ...... Sacramento[/b] (in the long run too)

other than that I agree with everything else.

MVP......Steve Nash
    Biggest Disappointment....Golden State/HOUSTON
    Biggest suprise........Milwakee

Better of the Peja/Artest deal ? ......Indiana

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

don't hate on marbury around this guy:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=493416&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That whole photo gallery is one big PAUSE... especially the part where he flosses his full-length Steph blankie.