TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    De Brueyn meant that.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Tough for Navas. He had to stay in such a neutral position because of the header coming his way. But it's almost impossible to react like that in time.

Duderonomy

I had the feeling that a goal was coming from all of that sustained pressure, jut didn't expect that. Citeh were very good in the second half. They patiently stuck to their game plan of peak Pep-ball and I think the red card was born of frustration... without dissing the French league too much, I doubt PSG are used to seeing so little of the ball.
    DORJimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

I was thinking this was going to be a school day for City with Mmmmm-bap and Neymar finding each other easily around the City box in the first half.  They are on another level.  But it looked like a different City in the second half.  This is just what I cannot get used to.  The expectation this team seems to have that they will eventually score has replaced the certain knowledge that they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  

What a time to be alive.

Raas protest delaying the inevitable.

Was ready to cheer on Jurgen und dem.

WMIC?

A stroll in the end for Citeh, and PSG showed their class. Magnanimous in defeat. 

Result ever in doubt Jimster?

Followed City for too long to ever be confident about a result, but this is one of the strongest versions of late, and appear to be unusually un-phased by adversity.  So why not this time they actually add up to the sum of the parts, if not more?

Level of Shithousery on display from PSG was incroyable.  Leaving it all up to Neymar and Mbappe is a good gameplan, to be fair, but at times it's not good enough.  This was one of those times.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    hoping Leicester can pull it off in the league and stick it to one of the """"""""big six"""""""""

all the ESL shit leaves a bad taste in the mouth but then you get a weekend like this one to remind you that all the outside bullshit is pointless if you can't do it on the field.
    Duderonomy

The past week was brilliant. From Alisson's amazing header bringing us so close to Top 4 range. To an amazing FA cup win for Leicester. And even Suarez scoring his 20th to win the game and bring them ever so close to winning the league. I still think Barcelona practically giving him away to their rivals as one of the biggest dumbass moves by a club in the past decade.

And hearing the crowd during FA Cup was amazing. And completely shows just how important they are to the game. I'm so over the terrible fake crowd noise...

Duderonomy

Arsenal are just biding their time. Slip out of the "big six", re-group, and when we win the league in the '21-'22 season we will have done-a-Leicester and have support from neutrals.

Was a great weekend for drama and a superb riposte to the ESL crappola.
    DOR

I like Arteta @ Arsenal but it's sadly a money game now.  Arsenal need to spend more to deepen the quality through the squad.  In the meantime, the owners will continue to play the manager blame game.

And it's always a money game while the EPL audience and pay-to-watch revenues are... Sky high.  When the Murdoch money came in, all of a sudden the Prem was on the corporate radar.  Club acquisition by shady tax-dodgers is inevitable.  I know how @Skel feels when he lost all interest in the Prem.  The ESL was just more of this.  A test of the boundaries of greed.

Hey.  Fair play to Becker doe.  Happy for him.  Be glad to see a full-strength 'Pool next year.  It doesn't take much for a side to post poor numbers, just the loss of one or two key players.  City were miles behind 'Pool with no Aguero or Laporte last year.  I can see City not bringing in anyone to replace Aguero.  Haaland's agent is Raiola, who has shafted City before.  Torres and Delap are already at the club and capable.  They have reached the CL final without Kun.

FOLS 9s 4 DAYS THUN.

Arsenal are just biding their time. Slip out of the "big six", re-group, and when we win the league in the '21-'22 season we will have done-a-Leicester and have support from neutrals.

5000-1 are good odds.   

Hmmmmm 

b/w 

Citeh are in for 'Arry Klaim!

Damn. After the past few weeks, you would think management would hold up on dick moves for awhile. Most clubs seem to be doing alright. But then Tottenham just took it to another level.

Duderonomy

DOR said:
    Damn. After the past few weeks, you would think management would hold up on dick moves for awhile. Most clubs seem to be doing alright. But then Tottenham just took it to another level.

Everything is bottom line with Levy.

Kane to the highest bidder.

Going to Chelski or PSG.

City won't pay £150M.

DOR

Once again props to the one @Ocka 

SINGLE POINT.

DuderonomyOcka

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    Jimster said:
    SINGLE POINT.

it was rob holding's one bonus point. always count on arsenal.

JimsterDuderonomy

I spent a few Friday afternoons travelling and forgot selecting a squad in time for Friday night games, especially in the mad gameweeks with like 2 teams participating.  Some 0 point busts there  

Plus, never ever played a Un*ted player.  Even when it was Brunotime.  UGH!!!

England stinking out the tournament and Citeh bid 100 million for Kane - are they not watching? He’s England’s worst player (Sterling close second).

Southgate needs the boot before the Works Cup. He gives all the talk about picking players based on form, not picking injured players… he takes Henderson who is crocked, announces Kane (who looks crocked) is undroppable, likewise (it seems) Sterling. FFS.

Kane not getting anything to work with is the problem.  Sterling back to his hesitant ways.  But... (downs three pints rapidly, tears off (Chinese made) England shirt, paints George Cross on stomach and unwisely engages Duder in Tequila ingestion)... "IT WILL ALL COME GOOD!  ENGERLAND!!!"

Out on pennos after a 0-0, of course of course.
    Duderonomy

Lack of service sure, but Kane looks burnt out. Knackered. Every time he dropped deep to get some possession, he'd dawdle on the ball and get robbed.
    Part of the problem looks like Southgate is so insecure about the defence that he sends out a super defensive formation (two holding midfielders and instructions to the fullbacks NOT to overlap or go past their man), but expects them to play possession football instead of parking the bus and hitting on the break (which is what the formation would be suited to). Instead you have the spectacle of our entire team compressed around the halfway line doing useless sideways and backwards passing because nobody is moving forward into space.

Considering the talent at his disposal, Southgate's a disaster. He's sticking with the players who did well in 2018, and hoping to avoid big teams and fluke it into the later stages instead of opening his eyes to the deficiencies that are there for all to see and dropping players who aren't up to it and experimenting with all the attacking options. Fucking Pizza Hut twat.

• richarddevis3richarddevis3 San Jose1 Post
    It was a good suggestion, 
    Delivery Management Software Solution explains more about this.

It was a good suggestion, 
    Delivery Management Software Solution explains more about this.

Quality Spam.... Delivery Management Software Solution huh? Does Gareth Southgate know about this? He could use all the help he can get figuring out how to get the team to deliver more quality balls to the front/box. England ain't getting to the finals playing 90 mins with 1 goal every game. I would like a more hustle squad TBH. Saka, Foden for example. Start Sterling and Rashford and leave Kane for somewhere in the 2nd half. While I'm happy they are through on top. Having maximum side passes in the backfield just ain't gonna win this thing.

IT'S COMING HOME BOYS!

Duderonomy

England vs Germany next match. Hoping for an epic to remember, not a repeat of Scotland. Should be easy enough motivating the guys by reminding them how often Germany have dumped England out of tournaments…
    DOR

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    c'mon, germany will dump everybody out of the tournament and nobody will be happy. 

foe said:
    c'mon, germany will dump everybody out of the tournament and nobody will be happy. 

Not even Ze Germans? 

I made a concious decision, after being diagnosed with a heart condition this year, to not get wound up over football.  I am happy for the team that plays the best to win.  Honestly. 

I won't even watch Match of the Day on Saturday nights.

Probably.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Jimster said:
    foe said:

Not even Ze Germans? 

only if their rules allow them, i've never lived there so i wouldn't know.

• Jimster said:
    I made a concious decision, after being diagnosed with a heart condition this year, to not get wound up over football.  I am happy for the team that plays the best to win.  Honestly. 

I won't even watch Match of the Day on Saturday nights.

Probably.

I wish my neighbor had made that vow, he shrieks like he's getting stabbed with much regularity and it's only later I realize a game was on