TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

1323324325326327329»

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,447 Posts

Cheers for the words guys. Burying my head in work seems to be the best solution. And going out and enjoying the Canadian autumnal colours.

etc
    Jimsterklezmer electro-thug beatsElectrodeppadilhaketan

• ppadilhappadilha 2,038 Posts
    I know Teh Brits will probably never get over 1986, but c'mon

Duderonomy

I was discussing The Hand of God with a friend today, and I said that I forgave him over time, and my friend replied that he forgave him immediately and supported Argentina for the remainder of the tournament. Upon reflection I realised that I also forgave him immediately, but I would say I supported Maradona - and not so much Argentina - for the remainder because he was simply the greatest player I’d ever seen (or have since).

What really did change over time was that I went from being angry that Maradona had cheated to happy. England were involved in one of the most controversial moments in football history thanks to Maradona. He scored the worst ever World Cup goal and the best ever World Cup goal against us, and for a great player to raise his game like that is a kind of respect. Damn he hated us.

RIP to the true GOAT.

Also I think in general the perceived English saltiness about Maradona is exaggerated. A poll asked English people what was the worst World Cup goal ever scored and they said the hand of god. When the same people were asked about the best goal at a World Cup, they said his 2nd goal against England. My answers would be the same.

http://youtu.be/s7ZjU-6iSwk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 2,652 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    I know Teh Brits will probably never get over 1986, but c'mon

Can someone translate?

What a legend - RIP to one of the GOAT Earthlings.  

Duder, sorry to hear about your dad passing.  Can't be easy to deal with that.  Glad you've got some nice places to get lost near you.  Did you end up in MTL or are you living nearby?

• dizzybulldizzybull 118 Posts

he had a brief moment of lucidity. Opened his eyes wide, said ‘Hey butthead... this sucks’. According to my cousin and the nurses, that was the last coherent thing he ever said. 

Damn. This struck a chord. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 2,783 Posts
    ketan said:

Can someone translate?

I can't keep up with fluent, verbal Spanish but working with a Mexican friend with some anger issues, I know "cock sucker" when I hear it.

• JimsterJimster Twilight Zone/ Al Capone/ Rolling Stone/ Eva Perón 6,394 Posts
    Also I think in general the perceived English saltiness about Maradona is exaggerated. 

Think again.

Naah, what's done is done.  There's the Ronaldo wink-off, the cun actor who got Beckham sent off, the Lampard four miles over the line disallowed goal, the Sol Campbell header disallowed, the list of how England lose or are defrauded in massive games (in events that are not strictly football-related) goes on and on.

Great player.  No-one been close to his level for a long time.