TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    I do feel bad for Sancho and Saka. Despite what goes on during practice, seems like poor judgement from Southgate's part to put those two on before more veteran players, even if the squad is super young overall. Pretty sure guys like Luke Shaw or Kalvin Phillips or Jack Grealish would've been able to take a kick. Is Henderson one of the players he took out to bring on Rashford and Sancho??

Italy were pretty outstanding in the games I watched though. I applaud a bit of shithousery from time to time, when applied under the right circumstances, and Chiellini's tug really isn't that different from a standard tackle just to break up a play in the middle of the park, just more cartoonish.

I feel bad for this generation of English players because they're all such class acts, there's no John Terry or Beckham in there to get angry at. Not sure how much my desire to keep laughing at the Brits outweighs my sympathy for the players, so here's hoping they at least win some meaningless trophy like the League of Nations at some point.
    Duderonomy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Sorry to see the rat-faced weasel do the Samba Kings last weekend.  I think just too much shithousery in that game, nothing got started with the tactical fouling.  And I guess Messi deserves his International gong at long last.  He won't be around much anymore.

Your time will come again.
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Rat-faced weasel is Di Maria?
    Jimster

ketanDuderonomy

WHATCHALL KNOW 'BOUT (patois) BRENK-FORRDE? (/patois)

My thoughts wander casually to the Fatnasty League and wonder if their Billion Dollar Brain (I understand their recruitment strategy is based on stats crunched by the owner's gambling businesses resources) has scouted some under-the-radar diamonds a la Bamford and such?

Regarding the usual suspects, I think this Chelski incarnation are going to be tough to beat.  Looks like Tuchel is der real deal.  Can only see City 2nd, tops, this year.  Regardless of who (if anyone) City sign, TT has got Pep's number now.

Might this be the year Manure pull it off? I think they got lucky and over-performed last season (plus penalties). Do Citeh need Grealish? Only if they sell Sterling IMO.

Arse will be struggling for Europa league. Our best players are two 20 yr olds in attack and a left back who gets injured a lot… but not as often as Partey. If Arteta can’t coach something into this squad this season he’s for the door.

I think Arteta will come good from what he learned under Pep.  He, like most others, just needs to get the players in to execute the method.

Messi on a free?  City say they are not in for him (the year Barca need him off the payroll)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Wild times right now. I would love to bring a little bit of ridiculous to the world like Messi to Aston Villa would be hilarious. Or to join Suárez at Atlético Madrid lol. But I know this will all end up more realistic. Good times.

Duderonomy

Messi > PSG sounds about right.
    Still fancy Chelsea for the PL.  Un*ted have a strong squad but OGS I still think is being carried by them, rather than him being some genius.
    Wake me up for the CL knockout stages, nice one ar kid.

Messi anywhere but to the highest pay-cheque would be a nice surprise, but does look like he's going for the PSG money... and linking up with Neymar again. Chelsea? Hmmm. They're very good, but presently only got Harry Rednapp's grandmother Timo Werner up front? Giroud left, Lukaku wants back... they'll be up there. If Citeh get a striker (Kane or other*) and things click, they're still the top side IMO. Liverpool look like they need squad investment. That one injury to the admittedly brilliant and integral VVD derailed them, but if returns at the same level and Klopp gets a couple of extra options in I think they'll be back at it. Arse being out of it**, I'd like to see Leicester, and to a lesser extent Liverpool, maintain a top 4 presence but the spending of Man U, Citeh, and Chelski makes it hard to imagine. The only positives I can see about Grealish to Citeh & Jadon Sancho to Manure is that Southgate MIGHT TAKE THEM FUCKING SERIOUSLY IN FUTURE.

* Grauniad had an article praising Ings as a wise investment, but no love for Bamford? I'd take him and sell Auba + Laca and free up some money for further squad investment. I'd also sell Willian + Pepe to buy Gunnarsaurus a new hat.
    ** I predict Arsenal will be 7th next May. Surprise me Arteta.
    Jimster

is the strut doing a fatnasty league? A friend invited me to join his league, if I can put the same team on two leagues I'll do it

You can put a team in as many leagues as you like.

Join code is : sgxpgj

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/sgxpgj

My own religious beliefs prevent me from fielding any Manchester Un*ted players and the re-jigged schedule-buster gameweeks around Christmas always catch me out.

@Ocka won by one point last year, these Scandinavians obviously too much time on their hands 

I have jizzoined that league. The other one I got roped into has some draft business going on and I'm getting worried it'll be a lot more work. I don't need another tamagotchi right now.

150 million for 'Arold Klaim? Somebody sit Mansoor down in front of a screen and show him some Russia world cup and Euro 2020 footage.

It's mad money for him.  He would improve the side though.

Gut feel - I can see 'Arry coming, with some complex shuffling that makes Murdoch's tax affairs look simplistic.  It will mean people going.  Jesus or Bernardo looking likeley.  Raheem, I like him, but ... creates more than he can finish.  Massively frustrating to watch.  I can also see Pep offing him to Arteta.

I've read Bernardo wants to live by the Med. I really don't want Sterling at Arsenal, and don't think we need him - plenty of cover in that position. Saka & ESR >

Jesus I've never understood why they bought him. Too lightweight to play upfront in the Prem, not particularly fast, not particularly skillful. You'll sell him at a loss.

If I was Pep, I'd offer Levy 75 for Son instead. Much more mobile, can sit on the defender's shoulder and stretch the field, opening up space for all his false 9s.

Jesus is a star-shaped peg without a hole.  He'd excel somewhere that plays to his strong points.  Maybe if no strikers come in, we'll see him getting a bigger role.  Although Ferran Torres has had a lot of pre-season minutes.  Son would be 100 plus.  Son > Grealish but Spurs wise not to take that kind of hit.  Plus with Grealish, Foden, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Meerkat and Silky Ilky all wanting a start, do we need more creative midfielders?

Fuckin’ hell. Great start of the season. Feel bad for the arsenal fans. But happy for Brentford. Great debut. 
    Jimster

Jimster said:
    WHATCHALL KNOW 'BOUT (patois) BRENK-FORRDE? (/patois)

They came to play, deffo. I know Arsenal were without their heavy hitters but no arguments about the result. And the Brentford crowd applauded Saka coming on.

Is it the next season yet?

Is it the next season yet?

United fans felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Duderonomy

Do you think Solskjaer feels flattered when the opposition fans start the olés around the stadium, Mr. Burns style?
    JimsterDuderonomy

(Scouse) "Mo Salaaaah, e's deh graysis player in zeh wehrlz" (/Scouse)
    The only think that's going to stop LFC at the mo is injuries, like when VVD was crocked.

ppadilha said:
    Do you think Solskjaer feels flattered when the opposition fans start the olés around the stadium, Mr. Burns style?

They just need to spend more money, right?

Jimster said:
    ppadilha said:

They just need to spend more money, right?

Mbappé or Haaland should fix it, but they might have to sell de Gea or some defenders to bankroll those moves...

A plan would be the wisest investment.  
    DORDuderonomy

ppadilha said:

Mbappé or Haaland should fix it, but they might have to sell de Gea or some defenders to bankroll those moves...

I don't think Haaland would ever sign for Man Utd. Not for all the kneecaps in the world.

• I have a memorable "the-brits" moment for y'all that just happened a couple days ago. I'm crossing the road near Parliament having just enjoyed a morning stroll in St James Park. Zebra crossing. A bigass Bentley limo cruises straight through the crossing I'm in, forcing me to stop in place and let it creep by. No sign of even a tap on the brakes. As a longtime pedestrian I'm used to almost getting creamed in zebra crossings constantly and have a default reaction - raising my arms up high like "what" and shouting "WHASSUP!?". You know, to shame them. I do it, I'm still giving heavy stink eye to the people inside when I notice, cowering in the back seat as I do my best menacing posture at the windows... HRH the queen. Haha. Purple hat nearly matching the purple limo. Damn. Then all the news that she's basically gonna croak any minute crossed my mind. I was trying to frighten a dying woman. Apologies if anybody's a royalist.

Incidentally I was laughing to myself at the idea that we're in a kind of MF DOOM situation with her where she's been dead for months and no one knows... and like, a lookalike has been showing up to her appearances to keep things calm. Imagining Boris getting on TV and saying "Look, I grant the Queen may now resemble DOOM's weed/hype man Big Benn Klingon, but I assure you Elizabeth is in fine fettle, and her lackluster rap performance is just part of the whole 'villain' persona."

HRH the queen. Haha. Purple hat nearly matching the purple limo. Damn. Then all the news that she's basically gonna croak any minute crossed my mind. I was trying to frighten a dying woman. Apologies if anybody's a royalist.

How very fucking dare you!

LOL that’s cool, closer than I’ve ever been to her. I think when I was younger I was against the idea of a Queen on principle, but as I got older I saw the advantages;

When you’ve got a Queen, she puts the status of a Prime Minister into perspective as just another ephemeral liar. I think Americans are coming round to this idea too, or it’s just that their politics have become so polarised that your guy is still a sacred cow while the other side’s man is the antiChrist.

She also represents tradition and, weirdly, family. Modern life has seen capitalism fracture society in many ways and almost everything seems to be valued in terms of money. Only money. A never-ending Black Mirror episode that sees world leaders in thrall to the free market and cashing in our collective future for their own private gain even as each hemisphere takes it in turn to burn every summer. She’s far, far from innocent in this regard, but it’s been oddly comforting to watch the ups-and-downs she’s faced… proof that all the money and prestige in the world can’t save you from a troublesome child, a rebellious grandchild, or the sad end of a daughter-in-law.

Then of course there’s the James Hewitt-Harry thing which is comedy.

I’ll miss her when she’s gone and be quite happy if she’s the last though.

Can't understand the interest in the Royals other than it being a vicarious peep at how people with money and power live.  They certainly should put more back into society instead of society relishing the living it owes them.  Starting with them obeying the same laws everyone else has to.  Robber barons the lot of 'em.
    DuderonomyGibbokicks79