TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    does the Queen have her own custom ride, like the popemobile or a clown car, that everyone in London just knows about and has to dodge out of the way when they see it coming because she can't even respect a traffic light? Does it blast some kind of music?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    She had a bulletproof roller BITD, that had no plates on it.  I think she was the only person in the UK allowed to run a car with no plates, because Queen.

• I don't remember if there were plates but it seemed bigger than a normal bentley (you see them tooling around certain parts of London like they were black cabs), and it was purple, and it had a tiny little shield mounted on the roof with the coat of arms or something. I didn't recognize it at first as the queen's car so it's not quite as iconic as the popemobile or the weinermobile, but it seems pretty custom. No ice-cream PA system blasting god save the queen either.

I reckon they blew the crossing because she's got about 5 minutes left to live and her driver is feeling the pressure, rather than that being the normal thing to do. She certainly didn't seem comfortable with it, thought how much of that was me menacing at her I don't know.
    Danswift

I don't remember if there were plates but it seemed bigger than a normal bentley (you see them tooling around certain parts of London like they were black cabs), and it was purple, and it had a tiny little shield mounted on the roof with the coat of arms or something. I didn't recognize it at first as the queen's car so it's not quite as iconic as the popemobile or the weinermobile, but it seems pretty custom. No ice-cream PA system blasting god save the queen either.

I reckon they blew the crossing because she's got about 5 minutes left to live and her driver is feeling the pressure, rather than that being the normal thing to do. She certainly didn't seem comfortable with it, thought how much of that was me menacing at her I don't know.

If she croaks it's on you?

Been nice knowing you, expect the knock at the door anytime now

"So what if I downloaded five-thousand mp3s?  Who hasn't?  WHO HASN'T????!?!?!?"

Jimster said:
    She had a bulletproof roller BITD, that had no plates on it.  I think she was the only person in the UK allowed to run a car with no plates, because Queen.

maybe they just had a hard time figuring out what should go on her vanity license plate, since "BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ONE YOU SERVE" doesn't fit

Duderonomy

I think Rupert Murdoch already took that one
    Duderonomy

https://www.lookers.co.uk/blog/favourite-cars-of-the-royal-family

She doesn't need a driving licence either.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Arsenal up in 5th and looking like we might sustain a challenge for a European spot (5th or 4th would be gravy).
    Think the league will be a 3 horse race between Liverpool, Chelsea, and Citeh. Manure just too lopsided talent-wise, and it feels like the press are manufacturing a P45 for OGS. Personally I think he’s doing a great job!

Also hats off to the much maligned Moyes who looked so out of his depth at Manure. West Ham play good football and Lingardinho should’ve stayed there.

Happy to see Arteta stringing some results together and dodging the knee-jerk sacking bug that seems to be going around.  I was thinking about Eddie Howe @ Newcastle and what expectations they are going to be putting on him.  "Staying the fuck up" is key, I would have thought.  Let's see who takes the oil-drenched (if not blood-soaked) carrot in January and hopefully it won't be Eddie hearing the distant sound of bone saws.

I always imagined a sharp(ish) scimitar did the beheadings?

Arteta’s been very patchy. First year in charge he had unexpected FA cup success (and charity shield?), beating top teams for the first time in ages. But the deadwood and the signings - later revealed to have been made by a dodgy “super agent” who no doubt was only suggesting the transfers for personal profit - really fucked the squad up. Big money on Willian, Luiz, WTF? Massive contract for Aubamayang was a gamble, and last couple of seasons that seems like a really poor investment. Pepe signing was before his time IIRC and he looked good in the French league but hasn’t really settled.

The latest signings (courtesy of Edu) are really really good. We just need to offload the remaining dross: Kolacinac, Elneny (absolutely pointless player) and Xhaka, yes you can also leave and take the front door key with you. Any takers for Pepe, sell him at a loss, we’ve got better kids coming through.

Arteta’s mantra in the bad times has always been trust in the process. Finally starting to bear fruit. A top 4 finish and we might be able to lure a world class striker who’ll complete the package as that’s our weakest area right now.

I've always found it weird that people treat Arteta like an untouchable club legend, considering he was part of Arsenal's slow decline in the latter Wenger years. Now you got Patrick Vieira, who is an actual club legend, doing an unexpectedly good job at Palace. Not saying he deserves the boot or anything, and I'm glad he seems to finally be turning things around, but I think his sacred status has always been overblown.

OGS is untouchable though, and he's doing a great job. They just need to sign Neymar to really get that team going.
    Duderonomy

He was never my first choice, and the thing about club legends is that they don't often make good managers - Frank Lampard?  Also agree - to me he was never really an Arsenal man as his best years were at Everton. He was a panic buy for Wenger after we'd been tonked 8-2 by Manure, and fair enough, he was the mature possession player we needed at that moment. If he does well as a manager then he really will become an Arsenal legend.

Genuinely pleased for Vieira, but also get the feeling he doesn't share the same attachment to Arsenal as the fans do for him. Don't really think he cares that much.

The Arsenal player I'd love to return and be a great manager is Bergkamp. Every interview I've ever read with the guy, he loved the club. His backgarden is Highbury turf. Little touches like that show how much the club meant to him.

But I think he's way too much of an introvert, and then there's the flying thing. So it just wasn't meant to be.
    DOR

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Entertaining Saturday. Last thing anyone should really do at Anfield is get Klopp and them riled up. Game was all around good one up until the manager dust up. But then Liverpool just cranked it up. So much greatness. That build up on the 3rd goal was amazing and Jota’s header pass was just pure class. 

I only had time to watch a bit of the 2nd half of Norwich v. Southampton, in which Norwich just bossed them around for 15 straight minutes, and parts of the Man Utd game. I saw Maguire's first yellow but I'm sad to have missed his sending off, and Watford's 2 late goals were almost identical.

Here's hoping someone else can keep up the high standards established by OGS, Man Utd are by far the most entertaining side in the EPL.
    Duderonomy

Was out and missed the Liverpool vs Arse, turns out it was a good choice! No shame in getting turned over at Anfield, it happens to most teams these days... as long as Arteta learns something from this (and Tavares! - smh), I'm still optimistic about this season.

But getting in Klopp's grill is not a great idea LOL.

Manure result cheered me up no end though, but then was disgusted to learn that OGS has not been given time to continue with his project. I don't know who will come in next, but Ronaldo as player-manager gets my vote.
    ppadilhaDOR

Ronaldo as player-manager gets my vote.

I think that's probably what is going on since CR7 arrived, unofficially.  That and SAF, Camel Mouth and Gary Neville still influence the board and fanbase more than they should.  OGS should have told them to put their opinions where the sun don't shine but he cannot offend The Real Legends.

Best City performance I've ever seen last night.  You can keep your lop-sided drubbings, this was v. Messi, Mbappé and Neymar, and without Foden or Super Kev.  Or a striker.  Mahrez and Bernardo were everywhere, all the time.

PSG always looked dangerous but City had a consistency I've never seen maintained before, for the full 90.  Happy to accept the conceded goal as a cost of doing business in this fashion.

DORDuderonomy

Big up to Barbados for telling the Queen and fam to go suck it
    DanswiftDuderonomyJimster

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Pity we can't do the same here ..the senior royals and their offspring are a  bunch of fucking parasites, every last single one of them.  

Jimster

Mainstream media love 'em though.  Sells papers.  Weddings, flag waving, all that smoke and mirror shit while your future is rhaped.  Priti sneaking in a bill to make protesting illegal.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/01/imprisoned-51-weeks-protesting-britain-police-state

And because they smear any alternative, the daft cunts that constitute most of this shit hole's populace continue to vote for this shower of excrement.
    Duderonomy

ppadilha said:

Just need the tax-havens to do the same.  

I'll wait.

Duderonomy

She's a charmer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/02/michelle-mone-tory-peer-accused-of-sending-racist-abusive-messages

A House of Lords spokesperson said: “Where a complaint does not relate to a member’s parliamentary duties, it is not covered by the code or the remit of the commissioner for standards.”

The complainant subsequently wrote to the Committee on Standards in Public Life, an advisory body to the prime minister, arguing that this case suggested the Lords code was not fit for purpose as it “takes no notice of its members’ conduct outside of the house, however reprehensible.”

Her English is shocking and she's arrogant A.F.  No wonder she was fast-tracked into the House of Lords.  Underwear magnate? Here, have a PPE contract.

SCUM.

The HoL needs scrapping even more than the monarchy IMO…

Citeh got lucky Jimster. The pen was stupid but justified, but we had the chances to put you lot away. Zero shots on target in the first half. 1 penalty and the winner in the second.

If Arteta can iron out the odd brain fart (or sell Xhaka as I think he’s just too slow for the Prem), I think we’re nailed on for a top 4 spot. The team looks so much better since we benched Aubamayang. A quality striker and midfield options and “the process” is vindicated.

City were struggling to open anything up the whole game.  Lots of possession but no product.  It reminded me of the CL final.  The teamsheet was good, so all credit to Arsenal for snuffing it all out.  I do think City were lucky but I think the penno was legit.  Too much leg in that tackle.

Xhaka looked solid at the Euros - maybe Arteta-ball is not a good fit for his style.  But if Arteta sticks with the rest of this squad and you play like that consistently, you are back in the game.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Just a pause for the cause gentlemen.

Canada defeating the US today during World Cup qualifier. We haven't been this high ranked or been in the world cup since the mid 80's.

Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beatsJimster

I like how back in 2002 the merriman was all "we just got to the quarter-finals, it's only natural that we will win the World Cup by 2014." People were saying this kind of thing without any sign of embarrassment. Freddy Adu was going to take them there.

Well here they are now, having missed out on 2018 despite a qualifying system rigged to make it easy for them, and playing second fiddle to Canadia in CONCACAF.
    Jimster

ppadilha said:
    Freddy Adu was going to take them there.

They would have done better with Sade Adu up front.

DOR