most worth it hundred dollar record--???

1235»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think this one is worth buying and you can get it for less than a hundred.

More than just a Nas sample.

This is at academy in brooklyn for exactly 100 dollars. I didn't get it. Get yours cause I'm too chicken.

Sketch informed me that this is now a $40 record.

Y'all know what this means, right?

$100 now gets you the Heath Brothers and Demon Fuzz.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

anyone got one a xtra "clean" one? This is such a great tune!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Headless Hero's

A friend of mine bought this today for $40 in A*a*e*y in Wburg. Layaway as well! Slight ringwear on the cover.

godamnit I was just there. Argh!

Good for $100?:[/b]

yes or no

this is one of the best funk records ive heard

I've actually never heard that one. [lil dude alert]

Soul Generation I sold for around $50-$60 last year. It's a decent record but not $100 worthy IMO.

This shouldn't be a hundo, and I'm not totally crazy about it. Crazy Dr D aka Dennis at American Pie in Santa barbara sold this to me for 40 and he automatically adds twenty-five dollars onto everything.

For my money, Doin it to Death is as good as it gets.

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    they're the same ones which have been discussed for eon's
    - most of the records being posted up are available on reish

yeah, but this is what we do here every year...we talk about the 'same ol same ol'....it's the game we play, and the fun never ends.......it keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going
    and going, and going, and going,
    and going, and going,
    and going,
    and going,
    and going,

get the idea?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    when I first started looking at this site a few years back NOBODY was talking about gal costa... now she's like SS's pin-up chick

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

This is at academy in brooklyn for exactly 100 dollars. I didn't get it. Get yours cause I'm too chicken.

In the sketcherman's defense, I bought Demon Fuzz from Legend for $65 after all the soulstrut too-doo about it.

I did however notice that the last one on his site was $100 though

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

In the sketcherman's defense, I bought Demon Fuzz from Legend for $65 after all the soulstrut too-doo about it.

I did however notice that the last one on his site was $100 though

Nah, Sketch is right; if you're persistent, you can definitely get a copy for around $60.

But I'm still gonna edit this post in the next five minutes to prevent him from seeing it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha!!!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Nah, Sketch is right; if you're persistent, you can definitely get a copy for around $60.

But I'm still gonna edit this post in the next five minutes to prevent him from seeing it.

HA!
    forever preserved!

And yeah, I got heath bros for like $43. I was just as suprised as many people from 'the time' should be. But at the same time, I had the feeling it was only going to hover between 50 and 60. UNPLAYED.

I think the craze for 90s hip hop samples has simmered down a bit, and the babies are often thrown away with the bathwater. This was one of the babies, baby.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Wow is this one really a bill? I feel so ennobled.

• Options

anyone got one a xtra "clean" one? This is such a great tune!
    I know where I can get a couple of these if you need it.

K.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    jeahhhh!!!!!

fLEETWOOD mAC - gREATEST hITS lp 1988 PRESSING

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dON'T fRONT lIKE YOU kNOW pOTNA

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    So amongst all the bickering, this one looks to have snuck in there as the undisputed winner. exactly $100 on Popsike.

Anyone heard it? It's like Black Merda meets the Parliaments. Every cut would be desirable on 45.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

huntington ashram monastery - yes

are you talking about the alice coltrane album? a hundred dollars? never seen that go for that much that is like a $30 dollar record

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    So amongst all the bickering, this one looks to have snuck in there as the undisputed winner. exactly $100 on Popsike.

Anyone heard it? It's like Black Merda meets the Parliaments. Every cut would be desirable on 45.

Great record, and can run a lot higher than $100 (although I think that's a fair price).

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

Is it as good as their two first lps on curtom? Was Hutson involved in this one? Is it a consistant album?

I think "heaven right here on earth" is the most consistant as a whole, but the self titled has some amazing tracks. Those two albums are worth much more than the $30 they go for, at least to me.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    ive said this a lot before but i dont know what anything is worth i just know whats lovely

Oh hell yeah. Remember how that card was supposed to be worth 100dollars. I thought I was getting a deal when I bought it for $30. Then the card with the white bar became way more expensive, instead of the black bar. Oh damn, what was better than error cards?

Whats the record equivalent to error cards? Test Pressings?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bump.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    What a great thread.

Things have changed..

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    Seems a lot the records mentioned have now inflated to double or more. Funkyou and Carolina Soul auctions always going for way more than the records usually do/are worth. 

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Good question,as I am thinking about spending that much on-Alone With No Love[The Contemplations-1969]as a collector I want this one as I once had it years ago,but I kinda fear that price!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    Mondeyano said:
    What a great thread.

Things have changed..

20 years ago I didn't want to pay $20 for a record. Now I'll pay $100-300 for a raer without any problem.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    here in Brazil apparently every record is a $100 record (in US dollars!) if you look it up on the right website
    billbradleyRAJ