Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2014 in Strut Central
Watched the Lakers game last night. Kobe looked real good in his comeback. Rookie Julius Randle put in some solid work as well. They played no defense however.

Right now Warriors versus Clippers on NBA TV. Go GSW!

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Forgot to mention that I missed start of Bulls-Pistons game tonight so didn't get to see how Rose played. Saw a little bit of Gasol however and he looked strong. Rose looked like shit in the world championship this summer. Couldn't finish around the rim, but after such a long layoff that might have been expected.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So Miami gets 50+ wins last year.

LeBron goes to Cleveland and the Cavs get the same amount of wins if not more w/ a new team and coach in an East thats improving?

How do critics and Vegas have the Cavs in the Finals?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

They're jizzing themselves at the notion that LBJ, Irving, and Love will immediately mesh perfectly and the Cavs will have perfect chemistry and run roughshod over the improving-but-still-weak East. They're gonna drop that notion once the Cavs start struggling, their soft interior is exposed, and they stop running anything beyond a high screen-roll. Cavs are a good team with a lot of quality pieces, but they aren't there yet.

DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

They're jizzing themselves at the notion that LBJ, Irving, and Love will immediately mesh perfectly and the Cavs will have perfect chemistry and run roughshod over the improving-but-still-weak East. They're gonna drop that notion once the Cavs start struggling, their soft interior is exposed, and they stop running anything beyond a high screen-roll. Cavs are a good team with a lot of quality pieces, but they aren't there yet.

Thank you.

And Love is overrated.

• batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

Thank you.

And Love is overrated.

love is overrated, irving isn't even a top 5 point guard and they're going to burn out lebron by the playoffs again.

'zards gonna make a big push this year, and for the third year in a row i'm calling the "emergence of bradley beal".....

my raps are gonna be good. top 4 in the east good... but didn't solve the depth issue up front, so i have my worries.

i want derrick rose to have the season he needs to have, but something tells me it's not going to happen.

charlotte gonna turn lots of heads, just not old enough yet.

i can see 5 teams with the ability to snag the first seed in the east

vintageinfants said:
    Charlotte gonna turn lots of heads, just not old enough yet.

Hornets are the new Wizards. Lance Stephenson has the green light.

Wizards and Raptors are now threats or hard to kill.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

'zards gonna make a big push this year, and for the third year in a row i'm calling the "emergence of bradley beal".....

Yup...Bullets are gonna do damage.

Sidebar:...regarding a kickball violation...I understand that if any part of the leg/foot is used to intentionally block a pass it is considered a kick ball...In my definition that would include the thigh. I was playing with the regulars I hoop with and someone totally stepped into the ball to deflect it and it hit right above the knee (but not the knee) and he claims that anything above the knee isn't a kick...is he crazy or am I? I looked up the rule online and it all just states "any part of the leg" but doesn't specifically label the thigh as part of the leg.

JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Sidebar:...regarding a kickball violation...I understand that if any part of the leg/foot is used to intentionally block a pass it is considered a kick ball...In my definition that would include the thigh. I was playing with the regulars I hoop with and someone totally stepped into the ball to deflect it and it hit right above the knee (but not the knee) and he claims that anything above the knee isn't a kick...is he crazy or am I? I looked up the rule online and it all just states "any part of the leg" but doesn't specifically label the thigh as part of the leg.

Knee down.

If you grab a rebound and its touches your thighs while your protecting it, is it a penalty? No.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

Thank you.

And Love is overrated.

Sure, the league needs more soft, jump-shooting big men. :shitty:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmon said:
    Lance Stephenson has the green light.

Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

Thank you.

And Love is overrated.

Sure, the league needs more soft, jump-shooting big men. :shitty:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Love is fools gold. Dude can rebound his ass off, and can shoot the three, but dude has been hyped up as some elite PF.
    Cats were calling him the best PF for a minute. The best of any position in this league doesnt miss the Playoffs. Fuck that.
    Barkley went to Phoenix and willed a good team, w/ a great PG, and went to the Finals.

The "best" will their teams. Shit ill take Dirk (in his latter-prime) w/ his Post up turn around and three point range over Love's bombing/rebounding.
    The NBA hyped up Dwight Howard as some great player, but time has revealed that he's not an engine that can run a team.
    He like Love is volume rebounder that confuses muthafuckas into thinking 30 rebs a game is Elite player status.
    Great PG arent always the assists leader. The dude w/ the the highest steals isnt the best one-on-one defender.

The one thing ill give Love in the Cavs offense is that he's just what LeBron worked w/ in Miami w/ Bosh.
    The stretch 4 that will let LeBron and Irving maneuver.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Knee down.

If you grab a rebound and its touches your thighs while your protecting it, is it a penalty? No.

I'm not disagreeing but I don't get the example.

Protecting the ball and it touching your leg seems fairly different than intentionally moving your leg into the trajectory of a passed ball.

It seems that the thigh would be included in the 'any part of the leg'. Although, it's probably uncommon that someone would use their thigh because if the pass can be deflected with the thigh, it would just as easy to put your arm out and actually just get the ball.

Fuggit..I have no idea.

JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Knee down.

Protecting the ball and it touching your leg seems fairly different than intentionally moving your leg into the trajectory of a passed ball.

It seems that the thigh would be included in the 'any part of the leg'. Although, it's probably uncommon that someone would use their thigh because if the pass can be deflected with the thigh, it would just as easy to put your arm out and actually just get the ball.

Fuggit..I have no idea.

Is the Booty a part of the leg? Upper back thigh?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:

Charlotte Hornets gear has made a hard comeback in NYC. Folks love that 80's Teal.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Knee down.

Fuggit..I have no idea.

Is the Booty a part of the leg? Upper back thigh?

I guess that's what I'm asking. Butt?...no. Upper thigh?...maybe? It's a dumb move but I still think it's leg. Luckily it pretty much never happens so it doesn't come up much but the rule on the nba site this:

Section V-Strike the Ball
    a. A player shall not kick the ball or strike it with the fist.
    b. Kicking the ball or striking it with [b]any part of the leg
    is a violation when it is an intentional act. The ball accidentally striking the foot, the leg or fist is not a violation. [/b]

• batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:

Charlotte Hornets gear has made a hard comeback in NYC. Folks love that 80's Teal.

dont know whether i should be proud or ashamed that i rocked this exact coat through the great snowball wars of 91-93

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:

dont know whether i should be proud or ashamed that i rocked this exact coat through the great snowball wars of 91-93

Holy 90's....Be proud of it...I however, should probably be ashamed that I kind of fuckin' loved this promo video BITD:

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:

I still have my Zo' Morning Purple Alternative Replica. And regular Classic teal jersey.

Cats ODed on Teal BITD and you still saw poor + out of fashion cats still trying to rep that shit long after it passed.
    Shit kinda never died like stone & acid washed jeans.
    Cats hangin on w/ the Sharks Teal.....Pistons was a fail (Grant Hill).

vintageinfants said:

Terrible
    Pittsburg Hornets

b/w

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I've gotten into some debates over the difference between teal and turquoise.

I can also say that I am drinking the Bulls Kool Aid if Rose can stay healthy. D-Rose, if he can be considered a *new* addition rounds out a pretty nice new cast of players including Gasol, Mirotic, McBuckets, even Aaron Brooks and an improved Snell. Chicago is deep as phuque!

Coaches and analysts are in love with the "Stretch 4" these days which explains why every is hyping Love. I did see the Cavs pre-season and will say this about them, they will be a strong rebounding team, which was an achilles hell of the Heat. Also Irving will be used as more of a 2-guard then point when Lebron is in the game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not sure what this thread evolved in to but here's some hoops shit.

Dirk is a dude that haters love to hate and his fans fucking adore. This dude took a major pay cut so the Mav's could spend some cash.....in a year when he could have tested the market and had some team throw stupid money at him for a last good year or two.....this dude is the most humble and self aware athlete out there......a healthy Tyson Chandler....a sleeper off the bench in Charlie Villenueva............and the addition of a superstar in the waiting Chandler Parsons............. I predict Dallas will be in the Top 3 in the West.

I dont see Parsons becoming a Superstar. Star yes.....All Star....yeah.
    Superstar on Dallas means getting more than 17 points per and becoming the man in Dallas either besides Dirk or eclipsing Dirk.

And i dont see Tyson Chandler rekindling the magic he brought when they won the Finals.
    Dude looked burnt out in NYC.

As far as Dallas Top 3 in the West, is this team better than 49 wins this year?

Parsons
    Dirk
    Monta Ellis

Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, Charlie V, Ivan Johnson, Brandan Wright, Richard Jefferson, and Jameer Nelson looks like a dumping ground.

You got them w/ The Spurs,OKC, and LAC/Portland? Who are they surpassing in that group?

batmon said:
    Superstar on Dallas means getting more than 17 points per and becoming the man in Dallas either besides Dirk or eclipsing Dirk.

And i dont see Tyson Chandler rekindling the magic he brought when they won the Finals.

Parsons can reach Paul George level......I'm skeptical about a healthy/performing Tyson too.

Having Ellis as your third option is nice.

And Carmelo will burn dudes out.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Parsons can reach Paul George level......I'm skeptical about a healthy/performing Tyson too.

PG was the go to man in Indiana (even though hes not really that dude).
    I dont see Parsons with that game. He seems like a sidekick/Pippen/complimentary player.
    Time will tell. Dirk will let him breathe and he wont have Slight Howard & Lames Harden eating the touches up.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

PG was the go to man in Indiana (even though hes not really that dude).
    I dont see Parsons with that game. He seems like a sidekick/Pippen/complimentary player.
    Time will tell. Dirk will let him breathe and he wont have Slight Howard & Lames Harden eating the touches up.

Tyson was old when he was in Dallas. He just started deteriorating in NYC.

I'm seriously thinking Parsons could be a 20/8/6 dude....possibly this year.

He's Rick Carlisle's wet dream

I put Dallas and Portland both in the middle of the pack playoff teams.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    motown67 said:
    I put Dallas and Portland both in the middle of the pack playoff teams.

Neither team has the personnel to get past OKC, LAC, or SA. Depending on playoff seeding (i.e., better be middle to upper level), they will be lucky to get past the first round.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak