Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kobe looks great and so does Randle but Lakers don't play a lick of defense. Warriors destroyed them last night.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Kobe looks great and so does Randle but Lakers don't play a lick of defense. Warriors destroyed them last night.

Yes Motown, Kobe and Randle were great, but the Lakers' shot selection was horrendous! I yelled so loudly about it that my wife heard me upstairs. It was painful to watch such amateurish play.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• "ÔÇ£You just get your entree and thatÔÇÖs it,ÔÇØ Bosh told Bleacher ReportÔÇÖs Ethan Skolnick. ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on?ÔÇØ"

chris bosh on playing with Lebron.... and how he might be an actual insane person spouting gibberish metaphors in the back of a waaaaambulance

63-36 Lakers vs Warriors with Golden State shooting 60% at half time! It's going to be a long long year for LA.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:
    63-36 Lakers vs Warriors with Golden State shooting 60% at half time! It's going to be a long long year for LA.

Pre-season homie...

But still, I always hate it when a coach is talking about "our primary focus is defense". A good defensive-minded coach just does it, and talks about it post-game. Never pre-game or pre-training camp or keeps repeating it throughout the season (D'Antoni without the D comes to mind). I'm weary about Bryon Scott though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

But still, I always hate it when a coach is talking about "our primary focus is defense". A good defensive-minded coach just does it, and talks about it post-game. Never pre-game or pre-training camp or keeps repeating it throughout the season (D'Antoni without the D comes to mind). I'm weary about Bryon Scott though.

Scott was brought in to bring back some Laker pride, but what he wants to do isnt reflective of the roster he inherited.

I dont know what their cap space is but it seems like they cant make any real NEW moves until Kobe leaves.

Let Scott build for the future and be there when the transition takes place to bring in a NEW alpha athlete to build around.

Rockadelic said:
    I'm seriously thinking Parsons could be a 20/8/6 dude....possibly this year.

He's Rick Carlisle's wet dream

Carlisle has made his opinion clear to Parsons, who doesn't necessarily agree with his coach on the matter but is willing to shed some weight. "His opinion of heavy is different than mine," said Parsons, who was 1-of-6 from 3-point range against the Thunder. "We kind of go at it every day about it. At the end of the day, I respect his opinion. After training camp, my weight fluctuates. I'll get it down."

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

No team is going to play no defense in the pre-season and suddenly turn it on when the regular season gets going. Warriors blew out the Lakers in the 1st couple minutes of the game.

motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

No team is going to play no defense in the pre-season and suddenly turn it on when the regular season gets going. Warriors blew out the Lakers in the 1st couple minutes of the game.

You're right, but taking pride in the fact that the Warriors beat up on the Lakers in the pre-season...over-enthusiastic homie.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

Scott was brought in to bring back some Laker pride, but what he wants to do isnt reflective of the roster he inherited.

I dont know what their cap space is but it seems like they cant make any real NEW moves until Kobe leaves.

Let Scott build for the future and be there when the transition takes place to bring in a NEW alpha athlete to build around.

MIke Brown had Lebron James. Byron Scott had CP3 AND Jason Kidd. Both seemingly have a laidback coaching style that let's their star players run the show. Not a fan of it.

If Steve Kerr, starts not giving a fuck, I think he'd make a great coach. Dude obviously knows the game very very well I think. Kerr has more long-term potential than Mark Jackson...Obviously Jackson did some great things in GS though.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

MIke Brown had Lebron James. Byron Scott had CP3 AND Jason Kidd. Both seemingly have a laidback coaching style that let's their star players run the show. Not a fan of it.

If Steve Kerr, starts not giving a fuck, I think he'd make a great coach. Dude obviously knows the game very very well I think. Kerr has more long-term potential than Mark Jackson...Obviously Jackson did some great things in GS though.

Scott is from the Riley school and is a tyrant. He shouldnt even be mentioned with Mike Brown or laidback.

• raptors take the Atlantic by 8 games.... because it's a disaster.

• who are the 50+ win teams in the league?

vintageinfants said:
    who are the 50+ win teams in the league?

Chicago Bulls should be better than 48.
    Will the Wizards add 6 to last years 44?
    Are The Raptors 2 games better than 48?
    Does LeBron & Love get Cleveland from 33 to 50+ in one season?
    How much of a drop will The Pacers go? 56 to low 40 something?

Spurs, Rockets....Dallas???
    Clippers, Warriors.......Suns???
    Thunder, Blazers.......Grizzlies???

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

this is what i'm saying. you are not a contender unless you are a 50+ win team. you can fake the funk in the east and fuck around and get an 8 seed, but lets not forget that the suns missed the playoffs last year with 49 wins (would have been third in the east).... but who is making the jump above 50 this year, and who is dropping below. i have miami and indiana falling below and the wizards, bulls and raptors jumping above it.

the western conference? i cant say a word about that until like.... the all star break. that entire conference will be decided with injuries.

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Pre-season homie...

You're right, but taking pride in the fact that the Warriors beat up on the Lakers in the pre-season...over-enthusiastic homie.

Right now I'm not taking pride in the Warriors win. I'm saying the Lakers are going to suck because they play no D.

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

this is what i'm saying. you are not a contender unless you are a 50+ win team. you can fake the funk in the east and fuck around and get an 8 seed, but lets not forget that the suns missed the playoffs last year with 49 wins (would have been third in the east).... but who is making the jump above 50 this year, and who is dropping below. i have miami and indiana falling below and the wizards, bulls and raptors jumping above it.

Just because you get 50+ games doesnt really make one a contender.
    Houston was not a threat to the True Elite teams in the West last year.
    U might rack up wins in the regular season and fall the fuck out in the playoffs and just get exposed for the real fraud one is.
    Portland & GSW won 50+ games, but no one was really seeing them in the Conference Finals.

Sheeit...The Pacers limped towards the ECFinals with a 56 game win regular season.
    They're contention was put to rest way before they met Miami despite the numbers.

And w/ Durant out right now is OKC still in the top 3 in the West w/ the middle pack getting better?

Warriors got their first win under the new Kerr administration. First half could not get anything rolling and score kept going back and forth with the Kings. Then in the 3rd D. Cousins got in foul trouble the Warriors went small and blew it open. Was getting really frustrated because the crisp ball movement for open shots that was seen in the pre-season wasn't materializing in the 1st half but the second was a thing of beauty. Go Warriors!

OuchKC

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

OKC is gonna have some hard times this year. As far as Cleveland goes, peoples' expectations for them are way too high. They're not ready yet, and the Eastern Conference championship is going through Chi-Town. That squad is tight as my dad was with money. Also, I can't front on Toronto, though they might be a big from serious title contention. Also, I think the Mavs got a little better with their acquisitions. They will be good once they jell. Portland looked good the other night, but something seems missing with that squad to me. Then again, they could contend for the chip with a little more maturity. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards make a bit of a run at it this year. It's gonna be interesting to see who emerges this year since a lot of team made some serious moves during the off-season.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

No Rose for the last quarter is some bullshit.
    I know his minutes are going be monitored, but c'mon not again with this shit.

I cant put my money behind Chicago w/ this STILL looming.

Aaron Brooks is a good look.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I predict Dallas will be in the Top 3 in the West.

Mavs have the deepest team in the league and will unquestionably be a Top 3 team in the West

7-8 players that can go for 20 on any given night.

Once they get used to playing together they may be the team to beat.

Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

Mavs have the deepest team in the league and will unquestionably be a Top 3 team in the West

Jameer Nelson, Richard Jefferson, Raymond Felton, Charlie Villanueva, Tyson Chandler, Devin Harris, Jose Barea, and Tyson Chandler are has beens that have landed(dumped) in Dallas.

Spurs, Clippers........Mavericks over Houston(ehh), Suns(?), Warriors (Fuck Kerr), and Portland?

A 49 win team w/ new "old" players will get you from an 8th seed to a 3rd or 4th seed?

Chicago looks like it's still gelling. Saw two of their games. Last night they only beat Minnesota by 1 point. Their defense isn't as smack down as it was before and they're still working on their offense.

Dallas is greatly improved. They have a lot more offensive weapons. They need to commit to defense and help Chandler. And like I said before I still put the Mavs in the middling western conference playoff teams that could get bounced in the first round or go on to the second. The West is just that tough this year.

Lakers started the season 0-4. The last time they did that was in the 1950s. The worst part, they're still going to be on TV all the time!

• Go Pelicans!

Fuggit, I like being an underdog team.
    Anthony Davis looking improved and determined.
    I thought we would get killed by the mavs last night, turned out to be a close game.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

Jameer Nelson, Richard Jefferson, Raymond Felton, Charlie Villanueva, Tyson Chandler, Devin Harris, Jose Barea, and Tyson Chandler are has beens that have landed(dumped) in Dallas.

[strong]2014 Mavs[/strong]
    Jameer Nelson – 32
    Tyson Chandler – 32
    Devin Harris – 31
    Raymond Felton – 30
    Charlie Villanueva - 30

[strong]Mav’s 2011 Championship Team[/strong]
    Shawn Marion – 33
    Jason Kidd – 38
    Jason Terry – 34
    Peja – 35
    Brian Cardinal - 34

All has beens "dumped" on Dallas

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

[strong]2014 Mavs[/strong]
    Jameer Nelson – 32
    Tyson Chandler – 32
    Devin Harris – 31
    Raymond Felton – 30
    Charlie Villanueva - 30

[strong]Mav’s 2011 Championship Team[/strong]
    Shawn Marion – 33
    Jason Kidd – 38
    Jason Terry – 34
    Peja – 35
    Brian Cardinal - 34

All has beens "dumped" on Dallas

Jose Barea was 26
    Butler was 30
    Kidd was there for 3 seasons already and not new
    Jason Terry was already there for a long minute
    Marion already spent a season w/ the team
    Cardinal played 37 mins in a 6 game series

That was 5 years ago w/ in a different West Coast.
    You cant apply the same factors to this season.

batmon said:

Jose Barea was 26
    Butler was 30

Caron Butler missed 50+ games and did not play in the post season.
    Barea started and is now arguably the 4th or 5th guy off the bench.

Tell you what.....let's put our money where our mouths are.

If the Mav's don't finish the regular season with one of the 3 best records in the West I'll post a picture of me dressed as Batman
    And if they do you post a picture of yourself wearing a long blonde wig.

If not, stick to talking about the Pacers!

motown67 said:

Lakers started the season 0-4. The last time they did that was in the 1950s. The worst part, they're still going to be on TV all the time!

And yet you still can't seem to stop talking about them!

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Jose Barea was 26
    Butler was 30

Caron Butler missed 50+ games and did not play in the post season.
    Barea started and is now arguably the 4th or 5th guy off the bench.

Tell you what.....let's put our money where our mouths are.

If the Mav's don't finish the regular season with one of the 3 best records in the West I'll post a picture of me dressed as Batman
    And if they do you post a picture of yourself wearing a long blonde wig.

If not, stick to talking about the Pacers!

A blonde wig aint shit to me. Ill post a pic without a Dallas knocked out in the first round bet.

Parsons isnt going to become a 20 ppg player with Ellis and Dork taking most of the shots.
    Dallas is not going to leapfrog from an 8th seed to a top 3 West team in one season.
    I know my Pacers arent going to be contenders, cause I watch basketball.

Go post in the thriving Baseball thread, and dont let your faith/fandom bring u into the disillusioned Yuichi zone.