Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Didn't realize it was a national telecast game - going to roll with the TNT crew then

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    this is the first nationally televised game for my boys.

They were never on National TV when Vince Carter & Tracy McGrady were there?

• they put raps/Jazz on past year at the last minute when Boston/ATL got cancelled because of the marathon bombing, but previous to that its been since vince (03-04?).

that's why I can't really blame anyone for not being up on em, and I assure you you didn't miss much between then and now.

vintageinfants said:
    they put raps/Jazz on past year at the last minute when Boston/ATL got cancelled because of the marathon bombing, but previous to that its been since vince (03-04?).

that's why I can't really blame anyone for not being up on em, and I assure you you didn't miss much between then and now.

To be fair there was some buzz during the Chris Bosh years.

• good thing the refs showed up to take this game away

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey VintageInfants,

It's not the refs, but the Bulls' size in the paint that's killing you guys. Pau Gasol is straight punkin' your bigs. Chicago is gonna be tough to stop in the East. I'm close to giving up on my Sixers forever. Their front office makes the Knicks' management look like geniuses.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey VintageInfants,

It's not the refs, but the Bulls' size in the paint that's killing you guys. Pau Gasol is straight punkin' your bigs. Chicago is gonna be tough to stop in the East. I'm close to giving up on my Sixers forever. Their front office makes the Knicks' management look like geniuses.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

can't stop gasol, that much is cold hard fact. I don't think it's even possible to stop a 7 footer with good footwork and a hook shot on both hands. HOWEVER, every player that would be going the other direction for us and scoring has gotten lit up with soft fouls since the start of the third.

• here come the meaningless hand-check fouls down the stretch to make the box score look even.

• please explain lowry's 5th, the and 1 on dunleavy and on ball hand checks.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Nope, your guys are just playing 'young.' The Rapts are really talented, yet inexperienced. Still, they'll be in the hunt for the chip in Spring '15.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bro, you've gotta be kidding me.

• explain the offensive foul on Lowry for his 5th and I'll change my mind.

because you can't.

Seriously, they make silly mistakes defensively (e.g., reaching in). That aside, they're good! BTW, that was a charge on Lowry.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Lowry was just fouled on that drive!

• I'm aware of the fact that DeRozan is a no-show, getting killed on the boards and Gasol beasted on us...

.... but fuck me, I'd have punted the ball into the rafters mid-way try the 3rd

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm watching the Mavs destroy the 76ers 84-42 in the 3rd quarter.

This 76ers team may be the worst NBA team I have ever seen....ever.

How bad is that?....Half way through the 4th Quarter they have 4 more turnovers than Field Goals!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That's what you get when you're facing a team that's built to lose to get more lottery picks.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A sans-Rose, sans-Gasol Bulls beat the Clippers pretty bad last night.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    white_tea said:
    A sans-Rose, sans-Gasol Bulls beat the Clippers pretty bad last night.

Ball is moving with the Bulls. The Clippers on the other hand, basically have these offensive moves, and these only:

1) CP3 drives and takes the fade-away mid-range.
    2) CP3 drives and dishes to Blake Griffin who takes the mid-range.
    3) Blake Griffin gets it on the low block and does a twirl and tries to bank it in.
    4) Jamal Crawford dribbles at the top of the key and takes a three.
    5) J. J. Reddick dribbles or drives.
    6) Matt Barnes spots up in the corner and chucks one.
    7) They throw it up to D'andre Jordan.

Props to Tom Tibeadou. There's only a handful of coaches that can run a nice squad with just those players last night.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'll say it again. The Clippers loss of asst coach A. Gentry is really hurting them. He had them running as a smooth offensive machine and this year they look like crap half of their games.

motown67 said:
    I'll say it again. The Clippers loss of asst coach A. Gentry is really hurting them. He had them running as a smooth offensive machine and this year they look like crap half of their games.

What the hell happened? They look like crap is right. Assistant coaches I guess can make or break a team too....

Blake was starting to emerge as a top 5 player in the league, now it looks like he's forcing shots again, along with the rest of the team.

I forgot about Swaggy P. Lakers pick up win in Atlanta...I'll take it. Amazing what one player can do to a team's psyche.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:
    I forgot about Swaggy P. Lakers pick up win in Atlanta...I'll take it. Amazing what one player can do to a team's psyche.

Of course, when that player is Nick Young, your team is pretty well fucked.

Hey Batmon...I'm just curious, do you own a blonde wig or are you going to have to buy one?

• raps with a statement win. (against a depleted grizzlies amidst a snowstorm)

I'LL TAKE IT

James Harden and Patrick Beverly throwing up all kinds of gang signs! lol

Lakers win! Lakers win! I'll take whatever man....Houston without Howard.

Rockadelic said:
    Hey Batmon...I'm just curious, do you own a blonde wig or are you going to have to buy one?

Which era Batman suit are u planning to cop?

Adam West 60's , Rubber Cowl Keaton, or Kevlar Bale?

[strong]They're still 0-3 against playoff teams from last season ... with the first official Parsons Bowl looming Saturday night in Houston[/strong]

I'm no fool....the photo already exists with my kid as Robin

Rockadelic said:
    I'm no fool....the photo already exists with my kid as Robin

Thats confidence.