World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    GFY

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

b/w

I'm half-American again. Dempsey to take oosa all teh way, where they meet my sweepstake in the final.

• i knight all of you brits honorary krauts for the next month.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I know footballers are often ragged on for being babies/soft but coming back to play from a hit like that (Pereira) is just plain stupid.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I was going to post the photo of the guy getting his face smashed by Sterling's knee but we don't deserve to look at it all the time, do we? So click here if you want to see it.

I though they had made stricter guidelines about players having to be subbed off it they got knocked out during a game, didn't something like this happen in England this season? I can understand the player getting up from that and thinking he was still good, but the doctors really should have told him otherwise.

The cold light of day.
    Every cloud tho', eh lads?
    Now enjoy the rest of the tournament without skin in the game.
    Chin up, eh lads?

WMIC

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    England really laid an egg.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    skel said:
    The cold light of day.
    Every cloud tho', eh lads?
    Now enjoy the rest of the tournament without skin in the game.
    Chin up, eh lads?

WMIC

Fact is England are not good enough. Not blaming Woy. We just don't have players that can make a difference, or that try hard enough to make a difference; that can make something happen out of nothing. I accepted this before the tournament began, but seeing England equalise brought out the dreaming foll in me.

That, and beer.

What did Harry Callaghan say?

"Man's got to recognise his own limitations."

STEP TO THE REAR AND CHEER.

I will struggle to watch the Costa Rica game. Man, that will need a six-beer foundation.

I am all about Chile now. Pan-pipes, Condors and comedy coiffures.

I don't know whether to despair at Scotlandman's stunted and incessant rabid hatred of England, or be in awe of a mentality that refuses to accept that the world has changed since the days of Mel Gibson and his blue face-paint. Jesse Rae putting "Import" stickers on all his stock etc. I can say all this because I am of Scottish extraction myself.

Not wanting to tar all Scotlandman with the same brush - I know two sweaties (it's cockney slang, batches) that live near me (In England). One is the typical Scotland ex-pat, car full of Scotland stickers and a Scottish flag on his shed etc. The other is an ex-boxer, married a local who he met in Blackpool and moved here 40 years ago because there was eff-all going up there. Total gent. No flags.

I wonder if flag-waving English folk are as well-tolerated North of the border?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    England outplayed Uruguay for most of the match and deserved a better outcome.

Suarez is a little dick for his overthetop celly on the pitch (both times) like he just scored the tournament winning goal.

And for his douchey comments afterwards, too.

"I dreamt this. IÔÇÖm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go," he said, via the Daily Mail.

Then he goes on talmbout "let's see what they (the Brits who've criticized) have to say now".

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    / bitter at all? /

Yeah, IIRC he was racist to United's Patrice Evra and bit Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic. I think that is why all the criticism came. Obviously unfair, in his mind. I guess most of that mind is taken up with how to score goals, with the "Humility" section dealt with on part-time basis by a couple of curmudgeonly neurons.

All is forgiven as he can kick a ball straight.

Join the queue of douchetard sportsmen.

Took his goals well, I cannot front.

mickalphabet said:
    / bitter at all? /

Apropos of nothing, loving the Brasil mixes Mick.

:beerbang:

Henceforth I will ride against teams rather than for.

Whether it be for reasons aesthetic or cultural, driven by a tangible revenge motif or the more passive need to see kharmic retribution conceptually proven, I'll be looking for several shades of damage be meted out upon Honduras, Spain, Putaguay and Ar-hen-teena.

It might even hinge on the most tenuous connection, say, Blatter being Swiss.
    Or France for being French.

skel said:
    Henceforth I will ride against teams rather than for.

Whether it be for reasons aesthetic or cultural, driven by a tangible revenge motif or the more passive need to see kharmic retribution conceptually proven, I'll be looking for several shades of damage be meted out upon Honduras, Spain, Putaguay and Ar-hen-teena.

It might even hinge on the most tenuous connection, say, Blatter being Swiss.
    Or France for being French.

You don't have to worry about Spain. They looked to have been visited by the ghosts of impaled bulls past, crushed donkeys present, and Ibiza Superclub Prices future.

I want to see CR7 weeping from his winking eye :ayo:

Hulk turning into Bill Bixby's David Banner sporting the haunted look of a man driven lachrymose by the infinite sadness of his own show's end-credits theme.

A small part of me wants to see Suarez punished for leaving his wheelchair early by popping both knees simultaneously.

But yo, in such times, I recall the worlds of MLK and must step back from the spiral of hatred. For I have peered into it. And seen....

...SCOTLAND.

Wise words mate, but know what? Eff that.
    I'm gonna rail against Costa Rica because Costa Coffee charge 2.30 for a small latte FOOH

Chile because they used to mummify their dead in the arid Andean air.

Meshico for sacrificing small kids BITD, and the disappearance of Aztec bars from my local confectionary joint circa 1980.

Argentina, not for Falklands or Hand of God atrocities, but for the fact that the only Argie I ever met was a total prick.

Algeria because they're my sweepstake team, and I win a score if they finish worst of all the teams

Iran because Poolardi is not called Punani

Brasil because what kind of fucking country has parasite fish that swim up your tube if you have a piss in their river, and ugly dolphins to boot

Korea for Gangnam Style (but props for eating dogs)

Bosnia, for starting WW1, probably

USA for being a bunch of gun totin', high-fiving, yee-hawing, Superbowl ring-giving, USA USA USA chanting, terrible first name having, square processed cheese eating mugs

England for being a shower of mentally weak utter shite losers

And so on. At least it keeps the interest going.

Sorry, but this made me LOL:

Ray Wilkins has spoken, everyone. What could England have done better? "I'm not an aggressive person, but England should have tested Suárez's knee," says Ray.

"FAHK HIM UP WOONEY MY SON, 'AVE HIM!"

Nothing about playing football better...

and to put English short-comings into perspective:

Cameroon's contribution to the World Cup so far has been a couple of moment of low farce, including when Benoit Assou-Ekotto aimed a headbutt at team-mate Benjamin Moukandjo towards the end of the Indomitable Lions' mauling by Croatia. L'Equipe today casts further light on that incident, explaining that Assou-Ekotto's ire was raised by the wideman's failure to pass him the ball ... and he had not calmed down by the time team returned to the dressing room, with insults being exchange and a bottle hurled before Vincent Aboubakar stepped in to separate the pair. The brouhaha might have continued if officials had not arrived to announce that Assou-Ekotto had been selected for the post-match random drug test.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    mickalphabet said:
    / bitter at all? /

Nope. I just have a strong disregard for douchebagues.

The outcome of Eng vs Uru made no real difference to me tbh. I have far worse problems as a chronic Portugal supporter.

But even if you have no knowledge of teh soccersball game and you watched that match (sober or otherwise), you would know England dominated Uruguay, and you would also know Suarez has no class.

Suarez once bit a dude on the arm, and he also said some racial shit to Evra. Now his taunt to British fans after that game.

I stand by my original remark 110% - Suarez is a little dick. PLaese to prove otherwise.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I was always a bit confused by the whole "Suarez is a changed man" narrative that had been going on during the past season in England. It was never true, was it? It was like watching your friend Linda get back together with that asshole boyfriend of hers, there was only one way this could end.

I'm sure you guys have some northern soul 45s that illustrate this perfectly.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    JectWon said:

Howling here, boss.

Jimster put it best; England aren't good enough. I think the players have finally realised that as well.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Jesse Rae putting "Import" stickers on all his stock etc

This made me lol.

:lol: b/w

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    those nips are photoshopped as hell

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't think anyone thought England were 'good enough' did they? realy? It's been patently obvious we're not, for years.

We are better than our performance and results though, but they didn't get the tactics right in either game so it's of no great surprise they got beaten. You can't play with a back 4, 2 holding midfielders and 4 forwards then expect flowing football and a balanced defence. Sure, you'll look better in attack but you need more than that in a WC game.

• remember that time Costa Rica and Italy switched bodies?

id give my right nut to be back in Tamarindo, CR right now.

• England to field a roster of 'the future' and blow out CR in their last game, making sure you buy back in for 2018

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    remember that time Costa Rica and Italy switched bodies?

I'm dj-ing here in San Jose, CR tonight... this is going to be interesting...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Lovin the underdogs

• Frank said:
    vintageinfants said:
    remember that time Costa Rica and Italy switched bodies?

I'm dj-ing here in San Jose, CR tonight... this is going to be interesting...

there's going to be nuclear levels of Pura Vida out tonight.