World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    do you guys think Raul Meireles has a record collection?

Not sure, and I'm not sure if he rides a fixie, but he has reminded me that I've seen a few headlines recently asking if the world has reached "peak-beard".

Deuce! No way...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Holly shiiiiiiit Dempsey just scored with his cock to put the USAs through..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• INSANITY

That guy Bradley has been useless the last ten minutes, losing the ball everytime he's had it... and BOOOOOM, equaliser.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

^^ that was some cutesy shit from Cristiano Ronaldo. I would give him more flack for that match but it's pretty clear he's playing through injury.

it was a great game too, the final round will be crazy. I scored tickets to the round of 16 match here Porto Alegre, I'm guessing thanks to Koreans who returned their tickets as their team got spanked. The match here will be 1st from the USA/Germany group v 2nd from the Belgium group. As much as I like an upset, I wants to see zee Germans play.

b/w

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    US soccerball has commendably and demonstrably stepped up over the 4 years.

Finally beating Haprican team, now meeting tier 2 Euroman with expectation rather than hope; the test of course is those next level top table euro balleurs and LatAm kings.

We shall see.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Deuce was always a thorn in City's side and IMHO gave a decent account of himself in the Prem. Obviously a big-game player.

IIRC, the US and A reached the last 8 in 2002. I remember them playing decent football.

Just googled it - They were then put to der sword by Germany 1-0 who progressed to the semis.

:ayo:

• skel said:
    Ok, there's top, top tunes on there.
    Very cool.
    I'll listen again tomorrow night versus Cameroon

Glad you're enjoying it!

skel said:
    Arpadys2009 said:
    there's a song on here about helping Pele and co to outfox James Bond and win the cup in 1966
    How did that work out, huh?

while copping off with Claudia Cardinale
    And how did that work out for Edson, pre-Pfizer?

Pffffft.

As World Cup fantasy songs go, the Moreira da Silva one is rather less far-fetched than England's 1982 ditty which includes the immortal couplet:

We're on our way, we are Ron's 22
    The other side will be cheering us too.

Anyway, I'm English too so I feel your pain, but can't really get too worked up about another World Cup failure. People harking back to some golden age when all our top division players were English seem to forget that we didn't qualify for WC in 1974 or 78 and bombed dismally in most other tournaments before and since - a few valiant draws and one glorious home victory does not really compare to the track records of repeat winners & finalists. twas ever thus...

SUCK IT, PUTIN!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    That guy Bradley has been useless the last ten minutes, losing the ball everytime he's had it... and BOOOOOM, equaliser.

Funny thing is that most pundits and followers of the US team assumed that Bradley was going to be the main man -- and however he performed, the team would follow.

Agreed, he's had a pretty dismal WC thus far, and is culpable for the final goal vs Portugal, but there is also the slight hope he will regain some form and actually push us further along.

Here's to hoping that Ronaldo's knee isn't too bijanxed -- and that the Africa voodoo/warlock curse will sit at bay for Ghana & Portugal to play to a tie.

• the USA squad put on a clinical show; of both pressing full on until the full 90 is reached and then letting off the gas before injury time ends.

ronaldo's cross was near perfection, yeah.... but how are you going to let a guy get behind 2 defenders unchecked in the last minute of play.

I would say Meriman don't stand a chance against Germany (Marshall Plan arrangement not withstanding), but zee germans looked pretty ragged against Ghana too. That will be the most exciting of the final round games, and I just hope it ends in tears for someone. It's not a World Cup until grown men start crying.

• ppadilha said:
    It's not a World Cup until grown men start crying.

I WANT TO SEE SAD CRYING ALONG WITH HAPPY CRYING.

• I think Brazil are going to lose to whichever team it gets in the next round.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Germany is so gnarly.

I still remember the USA team interviews before the last WC game with Germany. Dudes were unable to contain their awe over how much better they knew Germany were...you could see it in their eyes they knew they were not going to win. Hopefully things have changed, maybe with Klinsmann's overhaul.

And I guess...they don't need a win...just a draw...

Which is my least favorite setup.

I'll be watching.

SLAPHEAD GENERAL MALAISE BRADLEY WHATEVER BETTER BE ON POINT THO

Here's how it goes:

A "chance" meeting at the bar.
    "Heil Herr Joachim! Voddunt it be funny ja, if we drew the final game?!"
    "Heil, herr Klinsmann. Ja, ze Germans are vell known for ze sense of humour. Hyuk hyuk."
    A clink of schnapps glasses.
    "1-1 it is then".

• ÔÇó April 1949: The United States commits itself to long-term Western European security, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization is formed. The U.S maintains upward of 200 military installations in West Germany.

ÔÇó November 1981: Jermaine Jones is born in Frankfurt.

ÔÇó December 1987: Fabian Johnson is born in Munich.

ÔÇó November 1989: The Berlin Wall falls.

ÔÇó March 1990: Timothy Chandler is born in Frankfurt.

ÔÇó January 1993: John Brooks Jr. is born in Berlin.

ÔÇó June 16, 2014: John Brooks Jr. scores the go-ahead goal against Ghana, becomes an American hero.

ÔÇó June 22, 2014: In the 64th minute, Jermaine Jones equalizes with a screamer from outside the area that thoroughly baffles PortugalÔÇÖs keeper. David Chang offers Jones a lifetime of free meals at his Momofuku restaurants.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

It is clear my Korean side is the best in the WC. They absolutely destroyed Algeria. Only losing on some 'not enough goals' technicality. You can tell that FIFA rigged it that way.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Not sure if Im posting right because Im doing it in the phone but if you want to here a cumbia rap salute to Suarez by an overtly cocky n proud U-r-gay-an crew hit the link below. If you can read Espanish the comment section is even funnier

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    [removed][removed]

^^^^^^
    The Rob Ford is strong with this one

LaserWolf said:
    Only losing on some 'not enough goals' technicality

This is the new perspective we have been seeking. This will be trotted out many, many times in the coming season. Thank you.

Go Mexico!

I was pretty drunk yesterday but Brasil played kind of a shit game, no? I don't think Felipão has any sort of plan and they're playing some 90s football. Fred is still useless despite his offside goal. Hulk is just an ass with two legs.