Is Baseball slowly dying?

Comments

• Was surprised this didn't get any love here- NYTIMES Sunday Review Cover Story...

Major League Baseball Has Never Been Healthier - So Why Does It Feel So Irrelevant?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/opinion/sunday/is-the-game-over.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

• gareth said:
    Was surprised this didn't get any love here- NYTIMES Sunday Review Cover Story...

Major League Baseball Has Never Been Healthier - So Why Does It Feel So Irrelevant?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/opinion/sunday/is-the-game-over.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Cranky ADHD-afflicted hipsters searching out institutions to whine about.

It's amusing.

David Price was a horse and a half tonight.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    gareth said:
    Was surprised this didn't get any love here- NYTIMES Sunday Review Cover Story...

hello

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    gareth said:

Best selling author of 3 critically acclaimed books and writer for The New York Times magazine, NTY Book Review, New York magazine, the New Republic and Slate, a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Northwestern University, says what every honest person in this thread has said.

b/w

Now that the Os are out nobody cares anymore.

• Yeah, those Pittsburgh fans are looking really disinterested...

• If you can't appreciate the game the A's and Tigers just played you're not a real sports fan. You're just some sort of bandwagon weasel.

• who's the bigger shithead closer? grant balfour on oakland or fernando rodney of tbay.

• One step closer!

• I happen to be in Oakland tomorrow and tickets last night were still ridiculously reasonable, so I'm going. If it were Yankee stadium I wouldn't be able to afford a seat in the parking lot. But I'm stoked, this has been an epic series.

• ANOTHER World Series?

These Red Sox place so many time demands on their fans...

But okay, I can handle it.

• With SF having missed the postseason, my only remaining emotional investment was in LA falling out.

Now that that's out of the way, baseball has slowly died for me, at least until Spring Training.

Go Niners.

rootlesscosmo said:
    With SF having missed the postseason, my only remaining emotional investment was in LA falling out.

Now that that's out of the way, baseball has slowly died for me, at least until Spring Training.

Go Niners.

Which is what I was saying before.
    Baseball is big in towns with teams. Winning teams, or historic teams.

Football and basketball are big everywhere.

So congrats to baseball for snagging a big NE market and a big Midwest market for the WS.

• LaserWolf said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    With SF having missed the postseason, my only remaining emotional investment was in LA falling out.

Go Niners.

So congrats to baseball for snagging a big NE market and a big Midwest market for the WS.

i also couldn't care less if these two cities were playing in the NBA finals, Superbowl or stanley cup.

people who stop caring when their team is out is how sports goes.

what a horrible argument to put forward.

• yeah I mean baseball runs for 26 weeks + a month (give or take) of post-season play. I have been engaged for about 90% of that time, even when it was clear that my team was out of it. and I will be engaged even before the season starts (for Spring Training).

• how big is the NFL in the entire state of florida right now?

vintageinfants said:
    LaserWolf said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Go Niners.

i also couldn't care less if these two cities were playing in the NBA finals, Superbowl or stanley cup.

people who stop caring when their team is out is how sports goes.

what a horrible argument to put forward.

The Cowboys are America's Team. Stop being unamerican.

• LaserWolf said:
    The Cowboys are America's Team. Stop being unamerican.

America should find a team that's been relevant in this century and isn't run by a delusional billionaire with an extensive facelift history.

Truth is the Cowturds are the Confederacy's team.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    The first game of the World Series is tonight, does anybody West of StL care?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If you love baseball, I would think it would be hard not to find something compelling about this year's matchup. Of course, I'm a complete homer and therefore can't really comment with any authority. Whatevs.

The end of the road to redemption is in sight.

For the game of baseball, this series couldn't have been dreamt up (if that's a saying) any better. As an outsider of each city, if there were two franchises I could careless about it would probably be the two playing. Then again I like rooting for an underdog...

- Disgruntled Mariners fan.

rain103 said:

i didnt even know the WS was starting.

batmon said:
    rain103 said:

Me either. I just found out through listening to the local sports radio today.

batmon said:
    rain103 said:

Well, Yankee fans are notorious for disappearing whenever their team isn't front-running.

:eyeball: :eyeball:

haha

when havent we been front running or promoted to be by themselves and the MLB??

see lakers and cowboys....

• enough LA hats and tees were tossed last week to fill Dodger Stadium.

Cardinals Minor Leaguer Thinks Jon Lester Is A Cheater
    http://deadspin.com/cardinals-minor-leaguer-thinks-jon-lester-is-a-cheater-1451341587

:PFUNK:

• rain103 said:
    Cardinals Minor Leaguer Thinks Jon Lester Is A Cheater
    http://deadspin.com/cardinals-minor-leaguer-thinks-jon-lester-is-a-cheater-1451341587

:PFUNK:

even though it was a blowout, it was still an entertaining game.

Game Over