What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    rain103 said:
    JectWon said:
    what are the odds that this kid grows up to be a monumental douche bag of unquantifiably epic proportions?

I would tend to agree under almost any other cicumstance. However I've read he suffers from a condtion called neurofibromatosis, which causes tumors to grow in the body at any time. So I'd have to give him a pass...

Aw man....that sucks. I'm a dick.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    [Part II]
    Anyone else question the Pacer's coaching decisions in the last minutes of regulation and OT? Sitting Hibbert, your biggest defensive threat in the post, on the most important possession(s) of the game? Either he is that unorthodox of a coach or I call BS... What an anti-climatic ending to a great game from a fan with no affiliations to either team.]

Hibbert doesnt match up w/ Bosh on the Perimeter. The Coach played to the matchups.
    I dont know why folks think Hibbert could have guarded against the three-pointer and protect the paint(and cleanly block James w/ no foul).
    LeBron James is good enough to find the open man if Indiana tried to double. This is not Carmelo Anthony.

George overplayed the pass. he should have stayed in front of James and take a chance on his jump shot.

In the end, Ill take that loss. It took a LeBron Rescue play in OT at home to win.

The Heat had mad turnovers, fouls and got out rebounded. Not dominant at all.

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    When Cole accidently racked West.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    batmon said:

Hibbert doesnt match up w/ Bosh on the Perimeter.

LeBron James is good enough to find the open man if Indiana tried to double.

George overplayed the pass. he should have stayed in front of James and take a chance on his jump shot.

The Heat had mad turnovers, fouls and got out rebounded. Not dominant at all.

Now see here's my argument to the 'perimeter' argument - I can live with someone else shooting a perimeter shot beating me. Given Wade wasn't even on the court on this possesion! I'll take the percentages of a jump shot off a pass with 2.2 seconds versus an uncontested layup in the paint ANY day.

I get it, superstars already have the upper hand. That's why they're superstars. If a superstar beats you with a game winning jumpshot, there is not much you can do but move on. But not being able to contest a shot in the paint is against everything playoff basketball is about. And yes, poor defense played a role. As a guard, you can't help but think you have help in the paint given LeBron gets by you. But c'mon man.... I dunno. I guess it boggles my mind to think you would not put your best squad on the court when you need them most.

Hibbert wouldnt have done shit. LeBron gets that call at the rim regardless.

It was George's assignment. He blew it. Not the coach.

batmon said:
    It was George's assignment. He blew it. Not the coach.

Fair enough. Either way... (no comparision) I expected this

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    2.2 seconds isnt enough time for Lebron to catch drive and pass...Sam Young should have left Bosh sooner.....give credit to Miami for the spacing on that play...it was perfect. Hibbert not being in the game probably alters the shot but who knows....more blame needs to be put on David West and his lazy defense of the inbound pass.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So how 'bout that Tony Allen? Sells as well as any pro wrestler.

Kind of interesting to see the Hibbert effect down the stretch in game 2.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Fuck the haters!!!

The only 2 losses San Antonio has suffered in this year's playoffs were at the hands of the Warriors. The Warriors should have had a third win, but blew that lead and overtime in game 1.

For those that asked what kind of coaching moves did Jackson make in the series against the Spurs, I can say he made the right ones to be the only coach out of 3 so far to beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Fuck the haters!!!

The only 2 losses San Antonio has suffered in this year's playoffs were at the hands of the Warriors. The Warriors should have had a third win, but blew that lead and overtime in game 1.

For those that asked what kind of coaching moves did Jackson make in the series against the Spurs, I can say he made the right ones to be the only coach out of 3 so far to beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

Smh

The Pacers better find a counter to LeBron is the post or shit is gonna be a wrap.

Paul George is gonna have to force him to the center of the paint where there's potential help. That bassline spin is all day shit.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Fuck the haters!!!

No wonder there are haters.

mattB said:
    motown67 said:
    Fuck the haters!!!

No wonder there are haters.

haha.....we shouldnt be talkin bout The Warriors at this point.

Its a new day if Warrior fans are like Knicks/Lakers on some self entitlement steez.

edpowers said:
    motown67 said:
    Fuck the haters!!!

Smh

Still waiting for those articles that said the Warriors were picked to beat the Nuggets in the first round.

Refs won ECF game 4. Congrats.

Batmon, how're you feeling? Confident?
    I'm a bandwagon Pacers fan at the moment.
    I think the Heat will take it though...

mattB said:
    Batmon, how're you feeling? Confident?
    I'm a bandwagon Pacers fan at the moment.
    I think the Heat will take it though...

I have Miami.

My best buddy is a Miami fan and he said Miami in 5.
    I told him get the fuck outta here with that.
    The Bucks got swept and Chicago got one. No way The Pacers only get one.
    Now its game fucking seven and the pressure is on Miami.
    Im satisfied going the distance. We lost our main scorer for the entire season and werent supposed to go this deep.
    Were a young team that probably doesnt know how to close out. This will be a learning experience.

If the Pacers dont commit the terrible turnovers and dont have any severe scoring droughts they can win.

Im sick of the media contining to predict Wade and Bosh to have a big game. Wade is injured and Bosh is ineffective.
    This matchup has been a nightmare for Miami. The Pacers have controlled the tempo for every game except the game 3 blowout. Game 5 was a third quarter Cleveland Heat offensive explosion.
    The Miami Cavaliers has been exposed and next year shit is muthafuckin wrap.

We got a bright future ahead and im content with our progress.
    Hibbert is still growing, Paul George is gonna be a monster, and Granger's 18 points will help the bench production.
    Secure West and get a another point guard and well be straight.

Yeah big pressure on Miami. Relatively zero on the Pacers.
    It's great that pretty much everyone on the Pacers have stepped up.
    Will be amazing if they can take this.

b/w I think your apostrophe key is broken ;)

:(

Jason Kidd was the last remaining active player from the original NBA Jam video game. He is now retiring.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Heat offense looking mad stagnant. Lebron looking tentative on this drives with the double coverage. Tony Parker, HOF. Spurs just made this a good series to watch.

yuichi said:
    Heat offense looking mad stagnant. Lebron looking tentative on this drives with the double coverage. Tony Parker, HOF. Spurs just made this a good series to watch.

Good to have u back.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Good to have u back.

One of two spots (other just posting on FB) I can talk about basketball. I'll be here for a while still. lol

Go Spurs! Tony Parker is killin it right now. When the Heat couldn't get any separation score wise I thought they were in trouble.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I only got home on time to watch the fourth quarter last night, but it was a pretty exciting fourth quarter! Spurs defense was tight but Lebron James looked like he really didn't want to shoot the ball. Seems like it would have been a good time for him to force the issue and get himself to the line.....

Spurs defense was tight but Lebron James looked like he really didn't want to shoot the ball. Seems like it would have been a good time for him to force the issue and get himself to the line.....

If he is indeed the beast that he is capable of being, he's gonna bring it Game 2.

The Heat were playing the Spurs' tempo basically throughout the game. Lebron was play-making and rebounding, but not nearly enough scoring....The Heat become truly dangerous only when Lebron is scoring at will, or at least trying to. Really do credit the Spurs' defensive scheme, because at every corner there was a second help defender on Lebron. And there was a reason why Bosh was getting so many open looks.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    rain103 said:
    Jason Kidd was the last remaining active player from the original NBA Jam video game. He is now retiring.

Whoa...

I actually played that last night on an old Sega Genesis. I was Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton...the second half I sat Payton and put in Detlef Schrempf just for the hell of it. I had forgotten how simple yet fun that game is.

JectWon said:
    rain103 said:

Whoa...

I actually played that last night on an old Sega Genesis. I was Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton...the second half I sat Payton and put in Detlef Schrempf just for the hell of it. I had forgotten how simple yet fun that game is.

Is that Bulls vs. Blazers? Or Bulls Vs Lakers?

I think that squad had Nate McMillan as a defensive combo guard. I think they had the unstoppable Tom Chambers signature dunk.

Detlef came over from The Pacers for Derrick McKey.
    Both versatile 6'9" Small Forwards who could play inside, distribute and shoot the long J.