What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    Really thought Denver would really win that series.

Most amusing so far in the play-offs.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This has been an entertaining First Round.

A depleted Chicago is beating up on Brooklyn.
    Knicks cant kill a Playoff tested veteran and old Celtics.
    Indiana cant score and cant win in Atlanta
    Miami breezes thru Milwaukee.

OKC w/out Westbrook lets Houston get in it.
    Spurs put the Howard experiment to rest
    Denver's Regular season success doesnt translate in the Playoffs.
    - while Mark Jackson bring the LL Cool JQueens "Nobody can fuck w/ me" swagger to the young roster
    Memphis Interior killin Griffin & Jordan
    - while Mike Conley is runnin neck and neck w/ CP3

I underestimated Steph Curry
    And The Clippers I thought would get to the WCF after losing in the second round last year.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    Congrats GSW.

They sure tried like hell to lose that game, too!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    And The Clippers I thought would get to the WCF after losing in the second round last year.

care to rethink?

OHHHHHHHHH. (jokes)

SOS Clippers though...Memphis is tough.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    The Bulls/Nets series has been FIYAH

Love watching Nate Robinson's late-game acrobatics

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:
    Congrats GSW.

They sure tried like hell to lose that game, too!
    Ha, seriously.

FAIL

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mark Jackson is a horrible coach

Condolences to the Bay.....what a totally demoralizing loss.....

Steph Curry in the 3rd though = Wade in '06 = D Rose in '11

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Has there ever been a more injured-battered team than this year's expectations-defying BULLZ???

Thibs doing god's work with Nate Robinson and, if they are looking for a good time to name him Coach of the Year, I think the first home game against Miami in Chicago would be an appropriate time, place.

white_tea said:
    Has there ever been a more injured-battered team than this year's expectations-defying BULLZ???

Thibs doing god's work with Nate Robinson and, if they are looking for a good time to name him Coach of the Year, I think the first home game against Miami in Chicago would be an appropriate time, place.

Definitely an underrated coach.

white_tea said:

Well, I'd say this year's Lakers were more injury-battered, but I'm guessing you mean "injury-battered yet still winning," in which case, yeah, the Bulls got that on lock. Really impressive win last night. That team has a whole lotta heart.

edpowers said:

Delete

Delete

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    A big FUCCKKKKK YYOOOOOUUUU world!

Go Warriors!

Warriors just too fast at almost every position. And their defense is underrated.

But please no more Warriors bench shots....Bazemore is one fugly dude.

And damn, did Miami put a wooping on Chicago....lol my goodness.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:
    A big FUCCKKKKK YYOOOOOUUUU world!

Go Warriors!

After 2 games the warriors looking like a better team than the spurs, as crazy as that sounds. Yeah game 1 was painful but the warriors have outplayed them in every way for most of the series. Hoping they can get these next two at home.

edpowers said:

I can't wait for the Bulls Heat series to be over. What an ugly fucking series. My uncle was at the last game in Chicago and said it was a dud live.

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    How good are the Spurs at not allowing Curry to score.... Popovich is doing his homework.

Also Parker.... How come he never gets mentioned when people discuss great players. Is it just because the Spurs have a boring image? This series is highly entertaining.

The heat/bulls series will end, but not before someone gets seriously hurt. Not feeling it.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I enjoy watching New York (enter any professional sport here) teams struggle.

rain103 said:

Why?

OptimusLime said:
    How good are the Spurs at not allowing Curry to score.... Popovich is doing his homework.

Also Parker.... How come he never gets mentioned when people discuss great players. Is it just because the Spurs have a boring image? This series is highly entertaining.

The heat/bulls series will end, but not before someone gets seriously hurt. Not feeling it.

Spurs are making Curry run around on defense, setting some hard picks on him, etc. That being said, Curry also has a bad ankle and you can tell he can't move like he did at the beginning of the series.

batmon said:
    rain103 said:

Why?

I dunno, maybe it's just the pompous state of mind that seems to engulf nearly every sports player/fan from New York? Note: I said 'nearly every' and not 'every'. They're just teams you love to hate. I can't really explain it...

To get back to the topic: Only the Knicks would pull a stunt like wearing all black to symbolize they were going to the other teams funeral. To close out a Round 1 series! So yes, I'm glad they're crumbling.

rain103 said:
    batmon said:
    rain103 said:

Why?

I dunno, maybe it's just the pompous state of mind that seems to engulf nearly every sports player/fan from New York? Note: I said 'nearly every' and not 'every'. They're just teams you love to hate. I can't really explain it...

To get back to the topic: Only the Knicks would pull a stunt like wearing all black to symbolize they were going to the other teams funeral. To close out a Round 1 series! So yes, I'm glad they're crumbling.

Its really only The Yankees since the 90's and the Knicks Post-Riley that NYC behavior has been "bad".

I wouldnt even lump the Yankees Fans Sense of Entitlement and The Knicks Overblown accomplishments w/ The Mets/Jets/Giants.

batmon said:

Its really only The Yankees since the 90's and the Knicks Post-Riley that NYC behavior has been "bad".

I wouldnt even lump the Yankees Fans Sense of Entitlement and The Knicks Overblown accomplishments w/ The Mets/Jets/Giants.

True. I agree with that.

Mark Jackson is a good coach, possibly a great coach in the making.

yuichi said:
    Mark Jackson is a good coach, possibly a great coach in the making.

He is, but my god, are his speeches corny as fuck.