What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• batmon's pacers going IN

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    (Not the) Greatest moments in NBA history - Part 1:
    Larry Johnson's 4 point play should not have counted.

(Not the) Greatest moments in NBA history - Part 2 (This one is from memory, I can't find a youtube clip, but Im sure i have a VHS somewhere of this game):

After Alonzo's shot at the top of the key vs the Celtics there was still a fraction of a second left and Boston threw an alley to Dee Brown. It was goaltended.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Eat a dick Yuichi! Warriors look like they can move onto the 2nd round and broken down LA is getting their ass served.

I'm gonna be laughing my ass off if Denver comes back in the series. LOL

2nd round....LOL

Call me when one of them teams I mentioned makes it to the Finals or Conference Finals for that matter...

Fuckin' Batmon, spending time digging up poasts after the fact. lol Klay Thompson probably was inconsistent crap at the time. Didn't see any experts or you calling this dude the three point king after this season, along with Steph Curry. So your point is moot.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Go Lakers!

• blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Russell Westbrook out indefinitely with torn knee meniscus. This season's playoffs is a straight-up war of attrition.

Holy shit. This fucks w/ the West big time. I wonder if Reggie Jackson steps up his. Or Durant becomes more of a Point Forward.
    My real problem w/ OKC is their lack of interior post-up threats.

The Clippers vs Grizzlies series is some real bang up man-up basketball.
    loving the randolph/blake wrestling matches

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    Eat a dick Yuichi! Warriors look like they can move onto the 2nd round and broken down LA is getting their ass served.

2nd round....LOL

Call me when one of them teams I mentioned makes it to the Finals or Conference Finals for that matter...

So now your moving the benchmark. First it was Warriors weren't making the playoffs. Then itw as they weren't going to do anything in the playoffs, now we have to reach the Finals or Conference Finals. It's okay, we all know it's just your pain at the sorry state of the Lakers.

motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

2nd round....LOL

So now your moving the benchmark. First it was Warriors weren't making the playoffs. Then itw as they weren't going to do anything in the playoffs, now we have to reach the Finals or Conference Finals. It's okay, we all know it's just your pain at the sorry state of the Lakers.

Show me the quote where I said Warriors weren't gonna make the playoffs this year. Doing something in the playoffs does not mean advancing to the 2nd round...like they did against the Mavs in that "miraculous and historic 8th seed taking out a 1st seed" bs.

Gonna watch the Denver/Dubs tonight though...

btw, I got no beef with you or your team. Pretty exciting to see Steph Curry and Klay Thompson do their thing. Just not a fan of particular poaster thinking he knows a thing or two by bringing up outdated and completely pointless old poasts.

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

2nd round....LOL

Show me the quote where I said Warriors weren't gonna make the playoffs this year.

btw, I got no beef with you or your team. Pretty exciting to see Steph Curry and Klay Thompson do their thing. Just not a fan of particular poaster thinking he knows a thing or two by bringing up outdated and completely pointless old poasts.

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Don't count on it..

Get the fuck outta here man. Youve been backtrackin all fuckin season. And your silly predictions have been wrong.

Jesus. lol you must have time on your hands man.

And why wouldn't one doubt the Warriors' or Knicks' early season success(like this year), considering their numerous failed attempts in year's past? I dismissed them, guess I was wrong.

yuichi said:
    Jesus. lol you must have time on your hands man.

And why wouldn't one doubt the Warriors' or Knicks' early season success(like this year), considering their numerous failed attempts in year's past? I dismissed them, guess I was wrong.

Cmon dude.

If you watch the NBA you can see where teams improve, dissolve, make lateral moves, or are on their way to losing their elite status.

The Warriors have a new under-estimated coach and a young promising roster. They didnt even make the Playoffs last year and now are trying to advance to the Second round. That's an accomplishment. Thats something to be proud of and something work and build with.

The Knicks built around a hungry Carmelo Anthony. Last year they had two teams. The Linsanity team and the Post Linsanity team that got bumped in the first round. They added pieces and are trying to go deeper than last year. Getting to the Easter Conference Finals is a good accomplishment.

No one besides the Miami Heat is expected to go to the Finals.

I think your old enough to remember when Miami and Dallas were pretenders?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Gay player comes out. Mamba's on board. Who will be the first to slip up?

Yuichi, I'm just messing with you. That being said, the Warriors are heading for the second round

On another subject, is Jason Collins coming out as Gay really front page news for ESPN?! jesus. ESPN.com is on some TMZ shit a lot of times with their news stories.....

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    yuichi said:
    On another subject, is Jason Collins coming out as Gay really front page news for ESPN?! jesus. ESPN.com is on some TMZ shit a lot of times with their news stories.....

Really? The first ever male major league athlete to come out isn't significant?

Horseleech said:
    yuichi said:

John Ameachi came out during retirement about 6 years ago. Collins would be the first active to come out.

Im glad its done.

Good on him. It shouldnt have to be big news, but in our messed up world unfortuantely it is.

Im sure he's strong enough to handle the barrage of abuse that will inveitably come from all the religious (and other) fuckwits out there.

• motown67 said:
    Yuichi, I'm just messing with you. That being said, the Warriors are heading for the second round

Horseleech said:
    yuichi said:

It shouldnt have to be big news

incredible shot from the last game

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Horseleech said:
    yuichi said:

But it is. Pretending otherwise is just willful ignorance.

But hey, if it's so unimportant, let's check back in a week - I'm sure everyone will have forgotten about it by then.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I had no idea. what a clown.

His equation of pre-marital heterosex with homosexuality is laughable to say the least

Horseleech said:
    yuichi said:
    Horseleech said:
    yuichi said:

But it is. Pretending otherwise is just willful ignorance.

But hey, if it's so unimportant, let's check back in a week - I'm sure everyone will have forgotten about it by then.

As a sports fan, I don't care. Jason Collins is a nobody in the league....

It ain't on some Anderson Cooper steez.

And I guess if you're part of the LGBT community or support it, it probably is a big deal because of someone came out in a major sports....but still it's Jason Collins.....

Thymebomb13 said:
    mattB said:
    Good on him. It shouldnt have to be big news, but in our messed up world unfortuantely it is.

Im sure he's strong enough to handle the barrage of abuse that will inveitably come from all the religious (and other) fuckwits out there.

Including now-revealed fucking idiot Chris Broussard, who may not even realize how he has damaged his career with his backwards crap.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-espn-chris-broussard-sparks-uproar-after-jason-collins-remarks-20130429,0,1157118.story
    Yeah he actually seemed like a good dude/reporter up until now. What a prick.

Haha:
    Mike Wallace comes out as stupid asshole.

Not sure if it would have counted anyway, but Ibaka choke. lol.

yuichi said:

Which Collins throwback would you rock at the local court?

Boston Celtics #98 or Nets #35?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    mattB said:

Good riddance. Have fun serving time on the Miami Dolphins, Mike!

Congrats GSW.