What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    white_tea said:
    This the rite thraed for the Westbrook slideshow? There's some ensuing comedy, including Durrant saying that he calls Rus "Sasha Fierce".

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/9121923/image/1/russell-westbrook-russell-westbrook

Dude is killin it to me.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    white_tea said:
    This the rite thraed for the Westbrook slideshow? There's some ensuing comedy, including Durrant saying that he calls Rus "Sasha Fierce".

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/9121923/image/1/russell-westbrook-russell-westbrook

Dude is killin it to me.

Agree. Dude is always interesting, to say the least.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Might start stocking up on KB limited sneakers. Looks like his career is reaching the finish line sooner. Pretty amazing how much he's tried to change his game this late in his career and the amount of feedback he's getting from his fellow players and the general public about his injury, really speaks on how much he's grown as a person. Sad day though. Would be somewhat of a Hollywood script if the Lakers can take anything from this and make the playoffs/advance past 1st round.

• latte's chock full of passe, but i geev.

it's the best

yuichi said:
    Lakers are the NOW.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Lakers are the NOW.

They were built to win right now., that's what I meant. Don't forget they were marred with various injuries on their key players throughout the season, which made the process of developing any consistent play difficult.

I'd rather swing hard and strike out, than be 2nd round eliminated year in and year out.

Your Pacers ain't doing shit. Neither are the Clippers or Warriors.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Lakers are the NOW.

They were built to win right now., that's what I meant. Don't forget they were marred with various injuries on their key players throughout the season, which made the process of developing any consistent play difficult.

I'd rather swing hard and strike out, than be 2nd round eliminated year in and year out.

Who out of the four teams mentioned will go to the Second round? The Clippers and Golden State are improving teams.

I just dont get if youve been watching your team how you can actually think they are Western Conference Finalists or Going to the Finals?

Yall got swept in the Second Round two years ago by Dallas, got knocked by OKC the next year. And this year your "built to win"?

I understand repping your squad, but what delusional state are you in to think that the roster is a WIN NOW team w/ No Bench, wack coaching, Old Nash, and an inconsistent Howard.

You though they would be better than the last two seasons?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Lakers are the NOW.

Who out of the four teams mentioned will go to the Second round? The Clippers and Golden State are improving teams.

I just dont get if youve been watching your team how you can actually think they are Western Conference Finalists or Going to the Finals?

Yall got swept in the Second Round two years ago by Dallas, got knocked by OKC the next year. And this year your "built to win"?

I understand repping your squad, but what delusional state are you in to think that the roster is a WIN NOW team w/ No Bench, wack coaching, Old Nash, and an inconsistent Howard.

Step your reading comprehension game up. Never said one thing about the Lakers making a deep run. Matter of fact, I expect a first round elimination if they meet OKC.

Clips, Indy, Warriors can make the 2nd round all they want, but they are not SERIOUS title contenders. As long as OKC and Miami remain with their core players, they ain't doing shit. Save it, and post it when i'm wrong. lol

• yuichi said:

lol

The beginning of the end for OKC.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-04-17/michael-jordan-flu-game-chicago-bulls-utah-jazz-nba-finals-scottie-pippen

Did you see this one. Trainer claims Jordon was intentionally food poisoned by Jazz fans in Utah before the flu game.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Lakers are the NOW.

Step your reading comprehension game up. Never said one thing about the Lakers making a deep run. Matter of fact, I expect a first round elimination if they meet OKC.

Clips, Indy, Warriors can make the 2nd round all they want, but they are not SERIOUS title contenders. As long as OKC and Miami remain with their core players, they ain't doing shit. Save it, and post it when i'm wrong. lol

"Lakers have Nash, theyll be fine".

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Don't count on it.

The LA Clippers are the future.

Lakers are the NOW. As much as I wanna root for the Clippers, they're nothing without Chauncey or a healthy Odom. I feel like them dudes are the key to the Clippers' success. Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes looking awkward in their offense under Vinny del Negro. Talk about bigs with no shooting touch....Blake and D'Andre are just that. They should run and gun it every time down the floor, with the amount of athletes they have on that team. They are however one of the deepest teams in the league, if not the deepest...

What was that you were saying?

You old dudes be trippin. Clips haven't done shit yet. Neither have the Pacers or Warriors, so I don't what yall are chirping about.

"Lakers have Nash, theyll be fine".

LA broadcasters are saying they've never seen this many injuries on their key players like they have this year.

And they just made the 7th spot, deal with it bitch.

Steph Curry with season record for threes...BALLIN'.

Uh because you said that the Warriors wouldn't make the playoffs and the Lakers were made to win now. Last time I checked you were #8 in the playoffs and we're #6.

yuichi said:

OKC..... same team as last year, with a few pieces added. They could be a contender if kill the TO's and maybe add some more scoring power outside of Harden/Durant/Westbrook.Them or the Lakers as the West champs

R.I.F.

motown67 said:
    Uh because you said that the Warriors wouldn't make the playoffs and the Lakers were made to win now. Last time I checked you were #8 in the playoffs and we're #6.

#7 and right behind you guys after a "disastrous" season.

• thinkin' bout coppin' the new Kobe 9s.

worth the $250?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

OKC..... same team as last year, with a few pieces added. They could be a contender if kill the TO's and maybe add some more scoring power outside of Harden/Durant/Westbrook.Them or the Lakers as the West champs

R.I.F.

List of games missed because of injuries:

Steve Blake ~30games
    Pau Gasol ~30games, 20 more being completely useless b/c of injury
    Dwight Howard~ Might as well have sat out the first half of the season because dude was still recovering from back and shoulder injury.
    Jordan Hill - Out
    Steve Nash ~20 or 30

This was not taken into account when i made that prediction. Holler.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

R.I.F.

List of games missed because of injuries:

Steve Blake ~30games
    Pau Gasol ~30games, 20 more being completely useless b/c of injury
    Dwight Howard~ Might as well have sat out the first half of the season because dude was still recovering from back and shoulder injury.
    Jordan Hill - Out
    Steve Nash ~20 or 30

This was not taken into account when i made that prediction. Holler.

I hear you, but dont u as a basketball watcher factor injuries with an aging roster. U really cant use that as an excuse.
    The indestructible Kobe finally went down. Howard could have came back after the All Star break. And Nash was old 3 years ago.

Not factor this in and declaring they are capable of getting to the WC Finals is delusional...IMO.

Now on the real, they do have better window facing the Spurs vs facing OKC in the first round.

Now on the real, they do have better window facing the Spurs vs facing OKC in the first round.

Slightly better chance than against OKC. Gonna take a total balls-out team effort with someone having to take big shots.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Russell Westbrook out indefinitely with torn knee meniscus. This season's playoffs is a straight-up war of attrition.

DJ_Enki said:
    Russell Westbrook out indefinitely with torn knee meniscus. This season's playoffs is a straight-up war of attrition.

Holy shit. This fucks w/ the West big time. I wonder if Reggie Jackson steps up his. Or Durant becomes more of a Point Forward.
    My real problem w/ OKC is their lack of interior post-up threats.

The Clippers vs Grizzlies series is some real bang up man-up basketball.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

The Clippers vs Grizzlies series is some real bang up man-up basketball.

I'm digging this series. Z-Bo has been in Griffin's head something fierce since the very start of the series, but it hasn't exactly been translating into wins. I wanna see this one go 7 games, though.

I don't have any confidence in Memphis. When it comes down to it their offense often stalls.

motown67 said:
    I don't have any confidence in Memphis. When it comes down to it their offense often stalls.

Theyve camoflagued the loss of Rudy Gay for a while, but they really need another option alongside Gasol & Randolph.

Fuckin Jamal Crawford hits some crazy fuckin shots.

Eat a dick Yuichi! Warriors look like they can move onto the 2nd round and broken down LA is getting their ass served.

• The warriors-denver game was one of the best games ive ever seen. Im in disbelief over what these dudes do with the ball nowadays.
    The curry/lawson duel is unreal.

JimBeam said:
    batmon said:
    JimBeam said:
    motown67 said:
    Warriors need a new coach ASAP

Mark Jackson is driving me fucking crazy

could have told you it would be like that from day one. he's been terrible.
    jackson is a bag of hot air. can't coach a team with rhetoric and catch phrases and a complete lack of game strategy.

they need a JVG or adelman type to take the reigns and get everyone playing to their full potential. i wish they could unload david lee's bloated no-defense playin' contract too and start landry.

nice to see the leash off the rook last night though, he played a good game.

care 2 rethink?

not so much. It was a really nice win streak that built road confidence against really terrible teams, and then a great win against Miami, and that go-ahead score play was a thing of beauty (which had Michael Malone, NOT mark jackson written all over it.) But, the w's showed that they can get worked over by crap teams (orlando) too-- and it wasn't even a back to back.
    David Lee has definitely stepped his offensive efficiency up this year, he's developed into both a really solid post up guy (quick feet) in addition to the mid-range jumpers, which he's always had. I still think his rebounding numbers are misleading. (It's like college ball-- teams have a lot of steals because nobody can handle the rock-- there's more opportunities to steal the ball than at the pro level... The Warriors miss a lot of shots, thus a lot of opportunities for offensive rebounds.)

Like Motown said, Jackson's clock management is garbage, he's not quick enough on the time out trigger when another team has obviously found an opening to exploit, and started a run. And yes, all the games end up being closer than they should because Jackson always goes small in the fourth quarter. That will eventually bite him in the ass (probably tonight against ATL).

That said, I really do appreciate that he's giving the rookie class time on the floor, and allowing for minor mistakes. It's been fun watching Barnes (and Festus!) really develop his game. Key to that development though, is Jarret Jack, who is more of a pure PG/distributor type than Curry. Jack's minutes keep going up, and he's giving them solid play every night.

The team is one ankle-roll away from disaster though, because nobody besides Curry can shoot from everywhere on the floor. Klay Thompson is inconsistent crap. I don't know why the bay area is so in love with the kid.

Jackson's been a good motivator, the team is really buying into his mentality and overachieving as a result. Michael Malone is the X's and O's guy here though, and his strategies are really what's kept the team going on both ends of the floor. If he goes to a head coaching job elsewhere next season (as plenty thought he might this year), the Warriors will be screwed. If Malone leaves, I'd still like to see them with a JVG type, that can take on both of those coaching roles-- I don't think Jackson can do that.

I keep my expectations for the W's in check. I've been a fan for too long. It will be interesting to see if they make the playoffs. I hope they do, but don't imagine them getting past the first round-- especially if the Lakers or Mavs get their shit together, and the W's end up with a low seed.

:hi: