What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    I went to bed. What happened?

Was it as simple as Howard missing his free throws down the line?

Awkward LA offense, combined with focused Miami D down the stretch. Lebron went the fuck off too. Dude looked super hungry tonight.

But werent the Lakers still in it in the 4th?

Yes, but they were faking it. As has been the trend for the past couple years. Miami has their shit together.

Even when you saw Joel Anthony get absolutely berated by lebron for not setting a screen; he did so (with enthusiasm; instead of Pau's half-ass screens); and gets rewarded with an accurate pass. Leadership is clearly Bron's strong point. And when Bron is covered, he just passes it to Wade, who was making some incredible floaters down the stretch.

I mean the Lakers' squad has one person taking all the shots in the 4th. Not two or three like Miami. THAT is the difference. Howard was doing a great job protecting the paint for the most part.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Whoever hired Shaq on Inside the NBA should be fired and beaten. He sucked all of the energy out of one of the best shows ever. Shit is hard to watch now
    Not that Im able to watch many shows, but I said this when the first anounced that Shaq will be joining. Just wrong.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    I went to bed. What happened?

Was it as simple as Howard missing his free throws down the line?

Awkward LA offense, combined with focused Miami D down the stretch. Lebron went the fuck off too. Dude looked super hungry tonight.

But werent the Lakers still in it in the 4th?
    Only because Kobe finally found his shot (3 in Wade's face was ridiculous), but it wasnt enough.

• lakers lost to the raptors today.

there needs to be a hell of a lot more shut-the-fuck-uppery round these here parts.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    shut-the-fuck-uppery.

haha

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it's sad that a game with the lakers and perennial canadian nash is not sold out
    losing to the raptors in your rebuilding phase..that is sadder yuichi

• The idea that the Lakers might not make the play-offs is really not that far off.

With the amount of talent on that team, this is surprising/amusing/weird/sad?

Maybe Kobe can start scoring more than 50 a night, and Dwight steps up, etc.

Early season doesn't matter in basketball (or so I've been told) but the Lakers are now 17 - 25, which means that for the remaining 40 games they need to go 27 - 13, just to get to .500 on the season.

That's if the other teams stay the same in the standings as they are right now. If any of the teams improves....

A lot can change in 3 years.

U get no credit for scraping to the 7th or 8th seed and gettin' bumped by OKC or The Clippers.

• batmon said:
    U get no credit for scraping to the 7th or 8th seed and gettin' bumped by OKC or The Clippers.

Well then they just can't lose any games any more.

OptimusLime said:
    The idea that the Lakers might not make the play-offs is really not that far off.

With the amount of talent on that team, this is surprising/amusing/weird/sad?

Maybe Kobe can start scoring more than 50 a night, and Dwight steps up, etc.

Early season doesn't matter in basketball (or so I've been told) but the Lakers are now 17 - 25, which means that for the remaining 40 games they need to go 27 - 13, just to get to .500 on the season.

That's if the other teams stay the same in the standings as they are right now. If any of the teams improves....

A lot can change in 3 years.

You're right, at this rate, 27-13 for the remainder of the season sounds daunting at best.........

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    If the Lakers don't beat my Bulls, sans Rose and sans Deng and on the Chicago homecourt where they've struggled all year, well...

Biggest flop of a super power EVER?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors just won season series with Clippers 3-1 after today's victory. Go Dubs!

Who is the only team in the NBA that's beaten the Clippers, Thunder and Heat? The Golden State Warriors

"Mark Jackson Sux"

If you saw how Jackson was coaching at the beginning of the year you would have said the same thing.

batmon said:
    "Mark Jackson Sux"

PACERS APOLOGIST

motown67 said:

Why you gotta call out Batmon like that?!

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Why you gotta call out Batmon like that?!

Paul George All Star Reserve

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Who is the only team in the NBA that's beaten the Clippers, Thunder and Heat? The Golden State Warriors

yes, although David Lee quickly pointed out that they are probably the only team to lose to Sac and Orlando twice. Still an exciting season for them.

Just finished watching Knicks vs Celtics from a day or two ago. Steve Kerr and Marv talking about canned boos and cheers that some stadiums play at certain times during the game. Marv in particular was ranting for about 5 minutes about it... and I dont blame him. Wtf is up with this shit? I didnt know about it before. Lamest thing Ive ever heard. Kerr was saying they even did it for Bulls games in the finals!

Id like to hear it during an Atlanta regular season game vs the Wizards when ther are like 2 people in the stands.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    maru said:
    motown67 said:

yes, although David Lee quickly pointed out that they are probably the only team to lose to Sac and Orlando twice. Still an exciting season for them.

Also the latest to lose to a Rose-less, Deng-less Chicago Bullz.

LAL sure loves drama. Kobe with double-digit assists while still taking the big shots. Sure would be impressive if LA can sustain this effort and make a big second half comeback.......

yuichi said:
    LAL sure loves drama. Kobe with double-digit assists while still taking the big shots. Sure would be impressive if LA can sustain this effort and make a big second half comeback.......

Beating OKC is impressive.

They have a new gameplan. I wonder if they can stick to it. Kobe no longer jackin up shots and being a distributer.

• yeah, they were looking good out there

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

They have a new gameplan. I wonder if they can stick to it. Kobe no longer jackin up shots and being a distributer.

Sticking with Earl Clark in the lineup is a much better fit. The dude is more versatile and quicker than Pau.

Kobe will go back to jacking up shots (it's in his blood) once he starts seeing open jumpers not fall though. If dudes continue to hit shots, he will be more than happy to pass.....

I do remember how Bynum/Gasol took a while to develop as well though. If this shit gains steam, it will be good....IF.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Sticking with Earl Clark in the lineup is a much better fit. The dude is more versatile and quicker than Pau.

Kobe will go back to jacking up shots (it's in his blood) once he starts seeing open jumpers not fall though. If dudes continue to hit shots, he will be more than happy to pass.....

I do remember how Bynum/Gasol took a while to develop as well though. If this shit gains steam, it will be good....IF.

Yeah...im on another site and Lakers fans think he will revert to his selfish play once his distribution doesnt pay off.

I think it a very good look that he uses his skills to get everyone involved and then go nut when he has to.

They've over-rided Antoni(no d for defense) system and have let Kobe be the Jordan w/ the ball and everyone else gets fed.
    Pau gets his touches and everyone else does too. Its a good look.

Before this two game run, theres an article about how Howard has become Larry Johnson.
    Dude had a back issue and lost his explosiveness. Howard might be in the same boat.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8872264/lakers

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    More than anything else, Kobe in the post solves their issue with transition defense.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    OKC really missed having Harden yesterday. He could defend Kobe in the post without help. The Thunder were a bad half court defensive team with Harden, now they are worse.