What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that pacers victory over NY was a great grindgame to watch and a preview of what indiana in the playoffs will look like
    JR Smith is my favorite forced shot maker to watch of all time

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Whoever hired Shaq on Inside the NBA should be fired and beaten. He sucked all of the energy out of one of the best shows ever. Shit is hard to watch now

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Back from injury, will this dude ever realize his potential? cuz he got potential....switched to Adidas as well

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Back from injury, will this dude ever realize his potential? cuz he got potential....switched to Adidas as well

Not with the Wizards current line-up he won't

They got Nene, Trevor Ariza, Okafor, Bradley Beal, Martell Webster to name a few solid role players. I could easily see a team like this becoming a 7th or 8th seed with proper coaching.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    They got Nene, Trevor Ariza, Okafor, Bradley Beal, Martell Webster to name a few solid role players. I could easily see a team like this becoming a 7th or 8th seed with proper coaching.

I agree a better coach would help. But im not sure Wall has the same "headspace" as an Irving or that Dillard kid.

We'll see next year. They aint doin nuthin this year.

They could use another veteran. Even a vet PG to help the backcourt.

Beal can shoot.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

I agree a better coach would help. But im not sure Wall has the same "headspace" as an Irving or that Dillard kid.

Beal can shoot.

Lilard and Iriving are good. But IF Wall is able to put his mind to taking it to the next level as a pro, he can be great. Dude is obviously explosive off the dribble and fun to watch. The Wizards should be winning more ball games now though.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Beal can shoot.

Lilard and Iriving are good. But IF Wall is able to put his mind to taking it to the next level as a pro, he can be great. Dude is obviously explosive off the dribble and fun to watch. The Wizards should be winning more ball games now though.

Im not convinced he can make his teamates better with his distribution.
    He has great size for a PG and can get his own shit off but if i was a Bullets fan id hope he can create opportunities for Nene, Beal, Jamal, and Ariza and still get 15+ points a game.

New coaching and some slick management could get them off to a new start, now that Wall is working himself back.
    If they turn into the Wall show they wont do shit. Hes not that good.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    clips beat the griz by doubl e digits without paul...regular season don't mean shhh but ...they are white hot right now

pcmr said:
    clips beat the griz by doubl e digits without paul...regular season don't mean shhh but ...they are white hot right now

Rudy Gay was out for personal reasons so they focused on & shut down the Memphis interior.

The difference between the Clippers /OKC and everyone else is that they are damn focused right now.

Mark my word, if it works, it's because of Chauncey and/or Odom

batmon said:

When I meant, "If it works", I meant championship.

Those guys are "glue" guys much like a Matt Barnes who has emerged as just that.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Those guys are "glue" guys much like a Matt Barnes who has emerged as just that.

I just cringe when u "speak highly" of The Clippers since you were doubting from the jump.

If the Lakers were winning i wonder if you'd have this turn around praise or would u be talmbout Paul doesnt run the offense right.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:

I just cringe when u "speak highly" of The Clippers since you were doubting from the jump.

If the Lakers were winning i wonder if you'd have this turn around praise or would u be talmbout Paul doesnt run the offense right.

I would definitely not want to date you.

I just call it like it is. There's certain types of basketball i like seeing, and the Clips had a stagnant, predictable offense last year. They obviously developed a chemistry and more dudes are hitting their jumpers now, that's why they're having success. A glue guy named Matt Barnes turned out to be a surprise for most, and I simply acknowledged that they are playing really good now. What's the matter doggie?

And ain't I the first to admit the Lakers' faults?

Yea, and I cringe every time you post some bogus sensationalist b.s. 2K14, WATCH OUT FOR THEM KINGS.

I'd definitely not want to date you.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:

I would definitely not want to date you.

I just call it like it is. There's certain types of basketball i like seeing, and the Clips had a stagnant, predictable offense last year. They obviously developed a chemistry and more dudes are hitting their jumpers now, that's why they're having success. A glue guy named Matt Barnes turned out to be a surprise for most, and I simply acknowledged that they are playing really good now. What's the matter doggie?

And ain't I the first to admit the Lakers' faults?

Yea, and I cringe every time you post some bogus sensationalist b.s. 2K14, WATCH OUT FOR THEM KINGS.

I'd definitely not want to date you.

Find one sensationalist post and then go make me a sandwich and run my bath water.

If your best tactic in trying to show us who the man is, is by actually spending time to dig up quotes, which may or may not mean something in the bigger picture lol then yea, you're losing dawg. Read the last few pages of my posts, absorb it in your bubble bath doggie.

yuichi said:
    If your best tactic in trying to show us who the man is, is by actually spending time to dig up quotes, which may or may not mean something in the bigger picture lol then yea, you're losing dawg. Read the last few pages of my posts, absorb it in your bubble bath doggie.

Dont accuse if u dont have evidence.

You on some Manti Te'o shit dawgs.

In other news, Miami @ LA. Go Lakers! lol

yuichi said:

Im for the Lakers this game.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Lakers are two point favorites. wow. Without any research done, I'd probably take Miami....

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Lakers are two point favorites. wow. Without any research done, I'd probably take Miami....

I got this feeling that with a healthy Howard who is trying to score, LA has the interior advantage.

But if Miami sets the pace with a running game, yall are fucked.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

I got this feeling that with a healthy Howard who is trying to score, LA has the interior advantage.

But if Miami sets the pace with a running game, yall are fucked.

I hope we continue to see this short trend of actually getting Howard the rock more often.

And yes, LA's transition D (or Defense in general) is one of the worst this year.

Lebron James, best player on the planet as of Jan 17, 2013.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    yuichi said:

You're 4 years late

edpowers said:
    yuichi said:

You're 4 years late

Haven't really been watching many Heat games.

Stat line is just ridiculous.....my goodness. 39pts, 8assists, 7 boards, 3 steals, 1block, only 2 turnovers.

I hope we continue to see this short trend of actually getting Howard the rock more often.

7 shots put up. 4 made.

I went to bed. What happened?

Was it as simple as Howard missing his free throws down the line?

batmon said:

Awkward LA offense, combined with focused Miami D down the stretch. Lebron went the fuck off too. Dude looked super hungry tonight.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Awkward LA offense, combined with focused Miami D down the stretch. Lebron went the fuck off too. Dude looked super hungry tonight.

But werent the Lakers still in it in the 4th?