What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    edpowers said:
    All that running around firing up threes is cute and will win you a bunch of games in the regular season but it doesnt win rings. Lebron had to get his ass in the post to win and Dirk the same.... I love the team Indiana has built..

We cant score though. George Hill is a decent scorer but not a great distributor.
    Hibbert is shook alot and only beasts once a month.
    Paul George is the future.

And I cant wait for Granger to get back. Then well see the true power of this battle station.

Pacers DEFENSE is not to be fucked with.

vintageinfants said:
    that is if you would like to see is best for LA. no one likes LA.

gasol has proven far more than dwight has. he deserves out.

I dont hatt LA. They have already dug their hole w/ Brown and D'Antoni.
    Theyre bound to make one right move down the line to at least stop the bleeding or set up for the future.
    But shit is gonna be fucked up if they look for a new coach and have to start all over again.
    I wonder if they think D'Antoni deserves 2 more seasons w/ this roster.

The timing is all fucked up.

And Howard should have sat out until he was 100%.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    batmon said:
    I dunno about trading Gasol if im LA.

Your gambling on Howard to totally heal up and suddenly become a consistent offensive threat after all this time?

If Howard suddenly leaves, LA is now asking Jordan Hill lead the paint.

But if u can get some youth for Gasol so you can prepare for the future, i guess you make that move.

But I think Gasol at 5, Hill at 4, Old World Peace at 3, Old Kobe and Old Nash > (My Neck, My Back, My Free Throws)Howard, Gasol, WP, Kobe, Nash.

Trading Gasol would be a terrible move. They need to run the offense through Gasol in the low post. It will fix their transition defense and get Dwight easier baskets...Gasol is still the best back to the basket player in the NBA. D'Antoni is stuck on trying to appease Howard and Kobe.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    that is if you would like to see is best for LA. no one likes LA.

gasol has proven far more than dwight has. he deserves out.

I dont hatt LA. They have already dug their hole w/ Brown and D'Antoni.
    Theyre bound to make one right move down the line to at least stop the bleeding or set up for the future.
    But shit is gonna be fucked up if they look for a new coach and have to start all over again.
    I wonder if they think D'Antoni deserves 2 more seasons w/ this roster.

The timing is all fucked up.

And Howard should have sat out until he was 100%.

all valid points and concerns, however....

telling the press he's not getting enough touches on offense and apparently a near fisticuff with kobe after the nuggets loss...... storm's brewing on a boat that's already taking on water.

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    All that running around firing up threes is cute and will win you a bunch of games in the regular season but it doesnt win rings. Lebron had to get his ass in the post to win and Dirk the same.... I love the team Indiana has built..

We cant score though. George Hill is a decent scorer but not a great distributor.

And I cant wait for Granger to get back. Then well see the true power of this battle station.

Pacers defense is SICK....beautiful to watch. Hibbert is perfect in their system..The Pacers are a consistent outside shooter and scoring 6th man away from doing major damage.... I wouldnt wait on George to develop. I would flip him now while the east is wide open.

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Pacers defense is SICK....beautiful to watch. Hibbert is perfect in their system..The Pacers are a consistent outside shooter and scoring 6th man away from doing major damage.... I wouldnt wait on George to develop. I would flip him now while the east is wide open.

George has the green light.
    I'd imagine that he would slide back to the SG when Granger is back.
    And if they want to slide Granger to the PF, PGeorge at 3, and whomever at the 2 - Lance Stevenson, Hill, Orlando Johnson, or Gerald Green for athleticism.
    Gerald Green is atrocious. Dude lost his jumper after Halloween.

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    I dunno about trading Gasol if im LA.

Your gambling on Howard to totally heal up and suddenly become a consistent offensive threat after all this time?

If Howard suddenly leaves, LA is now asking Jordan Hill lead the paint.

But if u can get some youth for Gasol so you can prepare for the future, i guess you make that move.

But I think Gasol at 5, Hill at 4, Old World Peace at 3, Old Kobe and Old Nash > (My Neck, My Back, My Free Throws)Howard, Gasol, WP, Kobe, Nash.

Trading Gasol would be a terrible move. They need to run the offense through Gasol in the low post. It will fix their transition defense and get Dwight easier baskets...Gasol is still the best back to the basket player in the NBA. D'Antoni is stuck on trying to appease Howard and Kobe.

I agree.

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

And if they want to slide Granger to the PF, PGeorge at 3, and whomever at the 2 - Lance Stevenson, Hill, Orlando Johnson, or Gerald Green for athleticism.

Gerald Green is one of those dudes who dominates the D League, the pre season and on 10 day contracts...but plays like shit when he gets a roster spot. Jamario Moon 2.0

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Gerald Green is one of those dudes who dominates the D League, the pre season and on 10 day contracts...but plays like shit when he gets a roster spot. Jamario Moon 2.0

Dude came in and looked really good off the bench hitting the open three and attacking the basket. now he just tries to shoot himself out of a slump from the three point line instead of beating his man and going for a simple mid range pull up.
    He still hasnt exorcized his inner knucklehead.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Do you make any reasonable arguments or do you just like to nitpick? lol

Would you agree that kids emulated Jordan and AI and Kobe, even the bigs, and not an Ewing or Mutumbo or Stockton?

Straight up, LAL is like a big luxury cruise ship that has a malfunctioning engine.

David West and a gang full of bigs dont play try to emulate Jordan.
    Hibbert comes out of Georgetown and plays with the Ewing, mutombo, Mourning type game.

Your short and u like to lean towards small dudes naturally.
    Its cool, but the last team to win it all with a dominant PG is the Pistons with Zeke.

So as much as the NBA changed the rules for perimeter play to flourish, Dirk and LeBron, Wade with Shaq, have gotten rings.
    Kobe hasnt won shit without Gasol and Shaq. Parker had Duncan.

There is no team that won without a low post presence except Miami last year who still had Bosh at the elbow and LeBron posting up for the first time.

Before the rule changes, Jordan had Grant in the first run, and had Rodman on the second. Payton Kemp, Stockton Malone, Hakeem and Smith/Cassell, Barkley and KJ.

Nash and Howard.......LOL!

You seem to be arguing about the merits of good post play, which I am NOT at all in disagreement with.

All I'm saying is this past decade will have seen far fewer "dominant big men" than in prior decades, for whatever reasons.

I don't think many would argue with that statement. or do you?

And for the record, I could care less about big dudes (pause), or little dudes (pause). blah blah.

And as far as Gasol, dude needs to voluntarily take himself out for a month. He obviously has way too much wear and tear on his body to be as effective as he once was (even if he were to get the rock inside). Kobe's set such a bad example in "playing through the pain" bullshit. Dude is definitely stuck in between a rock and a hard place. If he rests, he knows the entire Laker organization will be against him; and that his value will drop even further. I don't think he's even operating at 75% right now. His mobility is at an all time low.

yuichi said:
    And as far as Gasol, dude needs to voluntarily take himself out for a month. He obviously has way too much wear and tear on his body to be as effective as he once was (even if he were to get the rock inside). Kobe's set such a bad example in "playing through the pain" bullshit. Dude is definitely stuck in between a rock and a hard place. If he rests, he knows the entire Laker organization will be against him; and that his value will drop even further. I don't think he's even operating at 75% right now. His mobility is at an all time low.

U dont think that Dantoni system is a factor in this?

Dantoni was successfull when he had a Mobile PF in STAT playing out of position at the 5, running pick n rolls w Nash.
    And had a glue man to grab rebounds and run the floor in The Matrix. A SF playing PF in a Small Ball game.

Fast forward.......Nash runs the offense but Howard has no Pick n Fade mid range jump shot and cant drive to the hole, and Gasol isnt The Matrix. At this point i would let Howard be the clean up lunchpail guy who either gets his putbacks and/or clean glass after Gasol either attempts to score from the low block or kicks it out to Kobe to let him do his thang.

If Gasol leaves yall are gonna be sorry. I just dont see how u cant take advantage of having two big men in an era where big men are lite.

Gasol and Randolph got it going, so WTF?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It is the coach. It's like when Nelson went to the Knicks. Nelson used to play with big men when he was with the Bucks, but by the time he got to the Knicks it was all about finding mismatches with small ball and he just could not handle Ewing. Same thing with Dantoni. He doesn't know what to do with Gasol and because Howard has been complaining it seems like he's trying to feed him the ball more to appease him.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

U dont think that Dantoni system is a factor in this?

Dantoni was successfull when he had a Mobile PF in STAT playing out of position at the 5, running pick n rolls w Nash.
    And had a glue man to grab rebounds and run the floor in The Matrix. A SF playing PF in a Small Ball game.

Fast forward.......Nash runs the offense but Howard has no Pick n Fade mid range jump shot and cant drive to the hole, and Gasol isnt The Matrix. At this point i would let Howard be the clean up lunchpail guy who either gets his putbacks and/or clean glass after Gasol either attempts to score from the low block or kicks it out to Kobe to let him do his thang.

If Gasol leaves yall are gonna be sorry. I just dont see how u cant take advantage of having two big men in an era where big men are lite.

Gasol and Randolph got it going, so WTF?

D'Antoni system is def a factor too. That shit thrives on mobility and good outside shooting. Lakers have neither.

Another thing I would say is that, when mothafuckin' Kobe and Artest are asking for it in the post a good portion of the time, there's just not enough basketball to go around.

The post-game press conferences are the sorriest shit too. "We just gotta do this....do that".

This shit is definitely on par with Miami's start with the big three. Maybe even worse.

Lamar Odom leaving the team was a big deal too......I mean dude did it all....

Seattle Kings

edpowers said:
    Seattle Kings

Too bad for Sac. Do they have any other sports in that town?

I guess they remain in the Pacific Division.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    Seattle Kings

Too bad for Sac. Do they have any other sports in that town?

I guess they remain in the Pacific Division.

The Kings are the only team in Sac....Can't really blame the team owners or the city for this...

Hopefully Seattle will keep the Kings name and not try to go back to the Sonics. You gotta move on..dont be the Cleveland Browns.

edpowers said:
    Hopefully Seattle will keep the Kings name and not try to go back to the Sonics. You gotta move on..dont be the Cleveland Browns.

I dont see them acquiring the Supersonics name.

Does the city own the name and the new Kings ownership have the legal opportunity to get it?

batmon said:
    edpowers said:

I dont see them acquiring the Supersonics name.

Does the city own the name and the new Kings ownership have the legal opportunity to get it?

Good question. Im not sure

Meanwhile.. John Wall signed with Adidas ......uh oh

edpowers said:

Tony Parker leaves Nike for PEAK

No one wore Wade's Converse or Jordan so he's w/ Li-Ning.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Sac has a minor league baseball team as well as the Kings.

batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Tony Parker leaves Nike for PEAK

No one wore Wade's Converse or Jordan so he's w/ Li-Ning.

Adidas > Reeboks. Good move by Wall.

Also, I did not know Melo is half-Puerto Rican. Very cool.

Paul George

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Wait, what?