What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Rondo is class. Humphrey no like push! I love it when this happens. It would have been nice if a slap was doled out, at least. I admit, though, fights and broken backboards are usually the times when basketball will get my attention. Similar deal with hockey and baseball for me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Nash should help with the flow..

I hope so.

And theyd be silly to let go of Gasol. Dude is a best Post player on that team.

Dude doesn't post for shit these days! Are you kidding me. Not to mention he is the slowest big in the league right now. A complete defensive liability. Cruises around 15feet, and settles for the Kobe dish at 15feet with 3 seconds left on the shot clock. I could go on for days. I'd pick up Anderson Varejao for instance over him in a heart beat (at this point in his career).

Yall need some youth and fresher legs. Its a shame Sessions bolted

Dude was aiite for a second. They need to dump Steve Blake's ass too. I struggle mightily as to what he really brings to the team, besides another sub-par white guy that puts up inconsistent perimeter shots.

The_Non said:
    For all those Jeremy Lin hateurs, pull up to the interwebs and grab a cool tall glass of haterade:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marc-lamont-hill/linsanity-jeremy-lin_b_2199606.html

Easy for a black journalist to hate on an Asian baller. (smiley face)

I'd like to hear what he would have to say about Melo though.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Zards got a win.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Popovich is the greatest. He's not playing Duncan,Ginobili,Parker and Green tonight vs Miami and the game is on TNT. The biggest middle finger ever to the NBA....in protest to the terrible scheduling

Pop isnt saying its in protest.... But its kinda obvious

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Popovich is the greatest. He's not playing Duncan,Ginobili,Parker and Green tonight vs Miami and the game is on TNT. The biggest middle finger ever to the NBA....in protest to the terrible scheduling

Pop fuckin' rules. And not just because he's trolling the NBA with this move.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:

Dude doesn't post for shit these days! Are you kidding me. Not to mention he is the slowest big in the league right now. A complete defensive liability. Cruises around 15feet, and settles for the Kobe dish at 15feet with 3 seconds left on the shot clock. I could go on for days. I'd pick up Anderson Varejao for instance over him in a heart beat (at this point in his career).

Did Mike Brown run any plays where Gasol got th eball in the Post. He's been complaining about his touches.
    You think you can win it all w/ Howard's Post Game in the half court playoff situation? (Down the line of course).
    I know D'APhony isnt setting him up in the Post.
    His Post-game has disappeared entirely?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Did Mike Brown run any plays where Gasol got th eball in the Post. He's been complaining about his touches.
    You think you can win it all w/ Howard's Post Game in the half court playoff situation? (Down the line of course).
    I know D'APhony isnt setting him up in the Post.
    His Post-game has disappeared entirely?

Naw, don't think Brown ran any post plays for him either. He doesn't really like to "bang" (pause) in the post anymore either. Can't even GET good post position anymore. Same with D. Howard. As big as he is (pause), he's not very dominant with getting low post position. Shaq obviously was great at this.

Time will tell, but I don't like our chances of getting to the Finals.

I just heard for like the 4th time this week just now...

"Gasol is the greatest passing big man in the league right now"

I guess throwing a lob to Howard three times a game makes him this. Fuckin' ridiculous. I mean dude doesn't play like a big man anymore.

I will however give it to him that he is a very likeable dude off the court with his community service.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kenny and CWebb just did a breakdown of why Gasol and Howard aren't playing well together, and put it on Howard and the plays. Howard isn't good at passing and Gasol should be in the post and Howard should be the one doing the cuts off the post.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    God I wish they would ban Reggie Miller from commentating.
    Charles' repetitiveness can get annoying too. But his gems way outshine his flaws.

Like today:
    "oh, don't pass it like that"
    Followed immediately by:
    "What a pass!"

edit: ok so if you didnt hear it, it's not funny, but it was funny.

mattB said:
    God I wish they would ban Reggie Miller from commentating.
    Charles' repetitiveness can get annoying too. But his gems way outshine his flaws.

Like today:
    "oh, don't pass it like that"
    Followed immediately by:
    "What a pass!"

edit: ok so if you didnt hear it, it's not funny, but it was funny.

i like when Shaq was like AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa over Barkleys comments.

i like Reggie.

"Mark Jackson sucks!"

Tonight's game had a typical D'Antoni Suns era feel to it. Couple dudes get hot from the perimeter, opens up the floor, and uptempo. Really would help if Jodie Meeks can come in and hit a couple threes every game. Don't know how that'll stack up against an elite team, but it's good to see the ball moving.

• The Lakers? Who cares?

Grizzlies. 12-2

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    yuichi said:

Sure they weren't talking about Marc Gasol?

Rockadelic said:
    yuichi said:

Pau. Mike Breen said this last night on the air as well.

Such a cop out for announcers to say this sorta shit, when it isn't even that accurate or relevant for that matter.

The_Hook_Up said:
    The Lakers? Who cares?

Grizzlies. 12-2

That team is tough. Goes to show you don't necessarily need a superstar to win games. Question is, no one is considering them a title contender. Do you think they can win it all this year?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Anyone can. That's why they play the games.

yuichi said:
    Rockadelic said:
    yuichi said:

Pau. Mike Breen said this last night on the air as well.

Such a cop out for announcers to say this sorta shit, when it isn't even that accurate or relevant for that matter.

Isnt his passing prowess relevant in the Phil Jackson's Triangle offense.
    Webber & Divac passing ability from the Post was relevant to the Princeton offense.

• yuichi said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    The Lakers? Who cares?

Grizzlies. 12-2

That team is tough. Goes to show you don't necessarily need a superstar to win games. Question is, no one is considering them a title contender. Do you think they can win it all this year?

As long as I keep my ass out of the fed ex forum...we were doing well in the playoffs until I scored tickets..lol...

Seriously though, we could be up three games in the finals and we would still have many doubters in the sports press. All through last season no one was talking about why we were winning, all the talk was how and why our opponents were losing. We don't get taken very seriously by "the experts".

But, in reality, it is still very early, but if we can stay healthy I see no reason why we can't go farther than last year.

Memphis is for real.

Howard is not that good.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Lakes is killin me... Watched last night's turd of a game and I'm running out of explanations. I know they're only a couple weeks under D'Antoni and its takes some time but last night should have been a win...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    hack-a-shaq in effect

Last night was all on D'Antoni. His substitution patterns suck.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Watched a Raptors game the other day.
    Who the HELL is Terrance Ross? Serious hops and the guy can shoot.

• This has been making the rounds today on the Internet and of course the local San Antonio news.

Got to witness this on Saturday:

That picture with Tony Parker and Timmy are a horrible look....