What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Directv and Time Warner finally reach an agreement. I get to watch my 2nd Laker game this season. On the bright side, this is perfect timing because there wasn't much to see anyway.

• DWIGHT HOWARD JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY

• So nobody's going to mention the Knicks, who are by almost all measures the best team in the basketball so far?

I am, against my better judgement, tempted to think they are for real. (Dark cloud of the Dolans related)

I know...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    So nobody's going to mention the Knicks, who are by almost all measures the best team in the basketball so far?

[/img]

J-Lin Blowback

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    DWIGHT HOWARD JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY

haha

Horseleech said:
    So nobody's going to mention the Knicks, who are by almost all measures the best team in the basketball so far?

I am, against my better judgement, tempted to think they are for real. (Dark cloud of the Dolans related)

I know...

vs Memphis should be interesting.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my only concern with the knicks is will they expect to go that far with Melo at the 4.

"small" ball worked for Lebron and Miamis interior.

They are playing crazy defense.

Like tonight....is Melo going up against Z-Bo???

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I don't understand all the hate for the Clippers. Both Jordan and Griffin look like they have worked on their game over the summer. None of those guys coming off the bench are "me" guys who are going to mess up ball movement, etc. Looks like they will get stronger when they have a full team rather than have any dissension.

• Last year the Knicks won a couple of games and everyone was wrapped in Linsanity. They have the best start of the season, a great looking (if old) bench. And they have Felton back who is back in shape it seems. Is it time to start..... Fellatio???

No?

Anyone?

• batmon said:
    my only concern with the knicks is will they expect to go that far with Melo at the 4.

"small" ball worked for Lebron and Miamis interior.

They are playing crazy defense.

Like tonight....is Melo going up against Z-Bo???

yeah dude this will be a interesting matchup for both teams. Haven't seen a knicks game yet. Watched two Griz games so far. They seem to have the pieces for a strong playoff run tonight. I'm predicting a close game that I hope goes to the Griz.

• motown67 said:
    I don't understand all the hate for the Clippers. Both Jordan and Griffin look like they have worked on their game over the summer. None of those guys coming off the bench are "me" guys who are going to mess up ball movement, etc. Looks like they will get stronger when they have a full team rather than have any dissension.

What he said! I wanna see the Griz play them. Good matchup all around.

motown67 said:

the hatt is coming from lakers fans who are mad at black folk moving into thier hood.

rasheed wallace

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Mark Jackson is a fucking idiot. The Warriors won tonight against the Wolves, but coach almost threw the game away by going small throughout almost the entire 4th quarter. When we play big, we have big leads, when we go small, we lose the lead. How can he not figure this out!?!?!?!!!?!?! Plus the small ball devolves into isolation plays.

motown67 said:

I give it to 'em that they are explosive and they have players. I just don't like how they win their ball games....With their current healthy roster, they are largely reliant on athleticism. Just a personal preference.

I mean, Kentucky had some ATHLETES last year, but they played beautiful basketball.

how does
    Chris Paul
    Caron Butler
    Grant Hill
    Lamar Odom
    Matt Barnes
    Chauncey Billups
    Ronnie Turiaf
    Jamal Crawford
    Ryan Hollins
    Willie Green

largly reliant on athleticism? what does that mean? these dudes have been in the league for years.
    only Griffin and Jordan could fall under that umbrella. 2 jumpers and the whole team are dumb athletes?

"i dont like they way they win?" GTFOHWTB

Just say your a hatter. Just look in the mirror and admit that shit.

• I miss rodman.

Dude out rebounded shaq, went to the show with the pistons, spurs, and bulls.

Sayin'

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ive been watching The Clippers for almost 30 years..You really are playing yourself if you think this team is a serious contender based on 9 games.....especially when 8 of the 9 have been home games.

The Clippers deserve credit for putting together a competitive roster....but in true Clipper fashion they didnt want to pay their GM.

The Clippers are a 6th seed 5th at best. first or second round exit......

My earlier point about the team having issues when Billups and Hill return didnt have anything to do with any of the players being "me" guys or selfish.....being a selfish player and having a competitive ego is not the same.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Clippers are just a bad organization..and bad organizations dont win championships because they dont do the "little things" like hiring that extra assistant coach or a reliable training staff or making that mid-season trade that makes the difference when playoffs come around. Right now they're just winning on talent and home court advantage.

You really think Chris Pauls agent and peoples would let him remain there if shit is a foul as you make it out to be?
    Would Grant Hill even take a wiff of that shit if they didnt make some changes in the organization.

I mentioned they were gonna be good this season. You and Yuichi started hatting. Now your talmbout contender and second round exits.

Western Conference First Round (4-3): Los Angeles Clippers over Memphis Grizzlies
    Western Conference First Round (4-3): Los Angeles Lakers over Denver Nuggets
    Western Conference First Round (4-0): Oklahoma City Thunder over Dallas Mavericks
    Western Conference First Round (4-0): San Antonio Spurs over Utah Jazz

Western Conference Semifinals (4-1): Oklahoma City Thunder over Los Angeles Lakers
    Western Conference Semifinals (4-0): San Antonio Spurs over Los Angeles Clippers

Western Conference Finals (4-2): Oklahoma City Thunder over San Antonio Spurs

Shouldnt they be "better" this year and go one more round?

Dallas, Denver, and Utah - whatever
    Grizzlies, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs
    Clippers

batmon said:
    how does
    Chris Paul
    Caron Butler
    Grant Hill
    Lamar Odom
    Matt Barnes
    Chauncey Billups
    Ronnie Turiaf
    Jamal Crawford
    Ryan Hollins
    Willie Green

largly reliant on athleticism? what does that mean? these dudes have been in the league for years.
    only Griffin and Jordan could fall under that umbrella. 2 jumpers and the whole team are dumb athletes?

"i dont like they way they win?" GTFOHWTB

Just say your a hatter. Just look in the mirror and admit that shit.

Griffin + Jordan + Crawford (one-on-one) make up a big portion of their offense right now.

Their ball movement and spacing is not the best. Billups and Odom (healthy one) are versatile and understand this very well. Bledsoe is still learning and often times hesistant.

I was actually rooting for the Clippers when they were turning around their franchise when Baron Davis was at PG. The overall flow of the team to me was much better, then of course they got Mo Williams and let Baron go. And I still don't like Chris Paul. He really doesn't have an excuse at this point in his career, because he has the talent around him.

Depends what sort of system you want to build but I'd easily take Tony Parker or Rajon Rondo over CP3. And he certainly doesn't have the play-making abilities of Steve Nash in his prime that's for damn sure. In the clutch shots department, he can do that, because he's one of the best PGs at creating his own shot.

Gimme Billups all day.

yuichi said:
    Gimme Billups all day.

Billups would play a similar role that Kidd plays in NY. Smart Veteran w/ limited minutes. Off Guard/Back Up PG/Starting PG

He's 36 years old coming off a serious injury.

Do you think this vet who hasnt played a full season in years is the better solution for the Clippers than 20/10 Chris Paul?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Gimme Billups all day.

Billups would play a similar role that Kidd plays in NY. Smart Veteran w/ limited minutes. Off Guard/Back Up PG/Starting PG

Do you think this vet who hasnt played a full season in years is the better solution for the Clippers than 20/10 Chris Paul?

The dude obviously knows what it takes to win it all. I'm pretty sure when Billups played in his first season, he had more than "limited minutes". 20 and 10 is nice, but it's really how you make the overall team better that says something about a player's greatness. Think of Nash, Kidd, Billups. Nobody talks about their stats.

The "assist before the assist" is so underrated.

That's why Kobe getting 9 assists in one game, doesn't say shit about making his teammates better. lol It still means the rock is going through his hands heavily to get that assist. Which in my eyes, is predictable, and only works against lower tier teams in the regular season.

When Paul is dribbling and weaving and has the one of two options of pulling up at the freethrow line off the Griffin screen, or shuffle pass to Griffin in the paint. It's sort of predictable. Both Griffin and Paul have this style of trying to bump their way into the paint, which makes them throw these awkward passes out to the wing men. Not a sharp on the money pass like a Nash or Rondo. Plus every time they get contact and go to the line, it stops the flow of the offense. It's ugly basketball.

P.S. Clippers also lack a good perimeter shooter (Crawford doesn't count because he doesn't really get wide open shots) I neither like Butler or Willie Green, who most get wide open threes. Billups is excellent for this, yes, even at his age. It's a set shot and a very reliable one. Can't say the same about any of the Clips perimeter shooters.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Gimme Billups all day.

The dude obviously knows what it takes to win it all. I'm pretty sure when Billups played in his first season, he had more than "limited minutes". 20 and 10 is nice, but it's really how you make the overall team better that says something about a player's greatness. Think of Nash, Kidd, Billups. Nobody talks about their stats.

That's why Kobe getting 9 assists in one game, doesn't say shit about making his teammates better. lol It still means the rock is going through his hands heavily to get that assist. Which in my eyes, is predictable, and only works against lower tier teams in the regular season.

I think your making Billups out to be an Elite PG. He's not. He was the clutch man on ONE championship team Ten years ago.
    Richard Hamilton was the leading scorer and it wasnt til Rasheed came over from Portland that they got over the hump.
    They got knocked by the superior Jason Kidd and the Nets the year before.
    I like what he'll bring to the locker room but dude is past his prime.

And yeah The Clippers do need a three point bomber. Matt Carroll is available... :beerbang:

• why so much bla bla?

let's get down to the questions that really matter.

like why Roy Hibbert was copping pleas when Carmelo stepped to him at the Knick game today :oh_my:

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Gimme Billups all day.

I think your making Billups out to be an Elite PG. He's not. He was the clutch man on ONE championship team Ten years ago.
    Richard Hamilton was the leading scorer and it wasnt til Rasheed came over from Portland that they got over the hump.

And yeah The Clippers do need a three point bomber. Matt Carroll is available... :beerbang:

Leading scorer? by like 5 points? Every piece on that championship roster was vital. None more important than the other. Billups was elite. Again, numbers do not tell all.

If you've watched more than 2 Clipper games when Chauncey was playing you would know. He is still a more reliable perimeter shooter than Butler or Willie Green or probably Chris Paul. Dude really has ice water running through his veins.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    why so much bla bla?

let's get down to the questions that really matter.

like why Roy Hibbert was copping pleas when Carmelo stepped to him at the Knick game today :oh_my:

Fuck Melo. Dude's a knucklehead and will never win a title.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Gimme Billups all day.

Leading scorer? by like 5 points? Every piece on that championship roster was vital. None more important than the other. Billups was elite. Again, numbers do not tell all.

If you've watched more than 2 Clipper games when Chauncey was playing you would know. He is still a more reliable perimeter shooter than Butler or Willie Green or probably Chris Paul. Dude really has ice water running through his veins.

If the Detroit Pistons were well balanced and no one was more important than the next man, how would Billups be elite?