FIVE VENOMS appreciation (kung fu related)...

1234568»

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    DOR said:
    Damn. Looking over this thread I came across a link that showed A Better Tomorrow (35mm print) was playing today for free. And I missed it... Including a Q&A with Editor Daid Wu

I would love to be at the audience of that Q7A session. Besides being the editor of many John Woo classics, David Wu was also a great comedian and was the creator to many of the funniest 80s TV and Radio moments when I was a kid in Hong Kong. Love to hear what he's up to these days.

That gif was Tequila Yuen from Hard Boiled, no?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    sno said:
    DOR said:
    Damn. Looking over this thread I came across a link that showed A Better Tomorrow (35mm print) was playing today for free. And I missed it... Including a Q&A with Editor Daid Wu

I would love to be at the audience of that Q7A session. Besides being the editor of many John Woo classics, David Wu was also a great comedian and was the creator to many of the funniest 80s TV and Radio moments when I was a kid in Hong Kong. Love to hear what he's up to these days.

That gif was Tequila Yuen from Hard Boiled, no?

No. Gor in A Better Tomorrow II.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    And just a note. He was in Toronto for his film Cold Steel which was playing at a festival on Sat.

Here is 6 minutes of his 2 hours talk. Hope they post the whole thing. I heard it was pretty interesting.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Thank you for posting the videos!

Guess I must have mentally blocked out the existence of A Better Tormorrow 2...

• "Allow me to demonstrate the special skill of Shaolin Shadowboxing..." Epic!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Juan Cocktolstoy said:

"Allow me to demonstrate the special skill of Shaolin Shadowboxing..." Epic!

Great movie.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    sno said:

Guess I must have mentally blocked out the existence of A Better Tormorrow 2...

Such a great film. I watched the subtitled version, and during the last big 20 minute gunfight, they stop bothering with the subs, almost as if they know you don't give a damn anymore and the dialogue won't be any more than "I'm out of bullets, pass me a clip" etc.

One of my other favourite Chow Yun Fat movies is Tiger On The Beat: