breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Looked like offshore bank account info to me.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i dont see how that affects anybody though. so they find a truck full of money that gus stashed in switzerland and cayman islands. so what?

i loved the magnet caper. i was on edge...so close to being yet another fail by team fuck up.
    and the dude in the wrecking yard who crushed the RV is awesome. talking about string theory and god particles

walt the king is gonna fall hard
    any thoughts on that flash forward?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i dont see how that affects anybody though. so they find a truck full of money that gus stashed in switzerland and cayman islands. so what?

i loved the magnet caper. i was on edge...so close to being yet another fail by team fuck up.
    and the dude in the wrecking yard who crushed the RV is awesome. talking about string theory and god particles

walt the king is gonna fall hard
    any thoughts on that flash forward?

That flash forward was like the very first episode: when he turns 50.

Then the guy that sold him the rifle is the same guy who sold him the handgun last season.

And I think that Gus' Madrigal Electro Automotive front might be the tip of the iceburg?

• Not sure how the bank account info is going to come into play, but it just goes to show that there will always be SOME little loose end that nobody's considered, no matter how meticulous Walt is. My first thought was that it could somehow lead back to Saul.

One question I have about the opening Denny's scene: Walt is now under an assumed identity, complete with fake ID... so does the ID he showed to the waitress have his same DOB? If it doesn't, then what was the point of playing with his bacon?

we probably wont grasp the full extent of the opner till late in the season, but his hair seems healthy, hes not with skyler on what we assume is his birthday, hes got fake id, a rehearsed story, cash to waste, and the need for some serious artillery.

yall think jr or sky are gonna bite the dust at some point?

oh yeah, someone was talking and i didnt quite catch mikes lines to th eprecinct to figure out the laptop situation. what did he say?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    tripledouble said:

oh yeah, someone was talking and i didnt quite catch mikes lines to th eprecinct to figure out the laptop situation. what did he say?

He was pretending to be an inspector from the post office who was pursuing Gus for mail fraud and asking for the laptop as part of his investigation. He identified himself as Dave Clark. "Like the Dave Clark 5.... I guess that's before your time."

One thing that did bother me was the idea that Gus's laptop could store the data of 24/7 video surveillance from several different cameras. That'san absolute crapload of data. I know, I know, not the point, just go with it.

• tripledouble said:
    we probably wont grasp the full extent of the opner till late in the season, but his hair seems healthy, hes not with skyler on what we assume is his birthday, hes got fake id, a rehearsed story, cash to waste, and the need for some serious artillery.

I thought he looked pretty haggard and wasn't he coughing? That was a great opening episode -- can't wait to see how things unfold.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Could be that he did that whole birthday thing just because he knew that was the DOB on the ID rather than it being his own.

I expected him to try and show Skyler he wouldn't hurt them, loved how threatening he came off at the end.

• residentgiant said:
    One question I have about the opening Denny's scene: Walt is now under an assumed identity, complete with fake ID... so does the ID he showed to the waitress have his same DOB? If it doesn't, then what was the point of playing with his bacon?

He showed the waitress the ID to get the free B-Day meal, so I would imagine it had a DOB on it

b/w

Sklyer may end up being Walt's final rival?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    Totally sweet new image for Walt.
    Not long enough episode!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

^^^YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    residentgiant said:

It was a reference to when Skyler made his bacon into his birthday age with vegan bacon in the first season which then was 52. That was back in 07' so he obviously isn't 52 in the present but on his new identities lisence DOB he is. To me it showed by his detachment and sullen demeanor that Skylar will die this season.

And also the cough and meds in the bathroom scene tells me the cancer is back. The heavy artillery I predict is to kill the people that kill Skyler and possible the rest of his family and go out in a blaze of glory.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    residentgiant said:

It was a reference to when Skyler made his bacon into his birthday age with vegan bacon in the first season which then was 52. That was back in 07' so he obviously isn't 52 in the present but on his new identities lisence DOB he is. To me it showed by his detachment and sullen demeanor that Skylar will die this season.

And also the cough and meds in the bathroom scene tells me the cancer is back. The heavy artillery I predict is to kill the people that kill Skyler and possible the rest of his family and go out in a blaze of glory.

No, in that first season episode was when he turned 50. It was '07 for us, but not that long for them. I believe it has been no more than 2 years in time for the show (Jr has turned 16, and has only had that one birthday). I think it was more pointing to the fact that he has made this massive transformation in 2 years. Maybe it also points to the fact that Skyler dies, too, I guess we'll find out.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    Sunfade said:
    residentgiant said:

No, in that first season episode was when he turned 50. It was '07 for us, but not that long for them. I believe it has been no more than 2 years in time for the show (Jr has turned 16, and has only had that one birthday). I think it was more pointing to the fact that he has made this massive transformation in 2 years. Maybe it also points to the fact that Skyler dies, too, I guess we'll find out.

Yeah that make sense. I thought I remembered the bacon being "52" in the first season.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Another solid episode.

I honestly don't know where this season is going: Mike kills Walt? Jesse kills Walt? Hank kills Walt? Skyler kills Walt?? At this point, anyone could end up killing him, but he's clearly gone full-Heisenberg, and as he grows more and more arrogant it's increasingly hard for me to imagine him surviving these final 14 episodes.

One interesting theory I read is that Mike is setting up Walt and the new lady up, so they can take the fall for everything. Seems legit...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Unherd said:
    Mike is setting up Walt and the new lady up

Who? You mean this lady??? Not sure about that...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    :oh_snap:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dumpost

"Right in front of me...right under my nose..."

It's going to be fascinating watching Hank put all the pieces together this season.

• Great episode. Looks like the crew's back to square one... financially, anyway.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    "Right in front of me...right under my nose..."

Best scene of the episode. Also loved the search for the cigarette - jesse breaking down when they find it - and walt fake 'comforting' jesse but its so wrong - same with skylar in the final scene. great writing. also loved the scene where mike almost kills this woman - then changes his mind and calls walt - "I've reconsidered". great episode.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    such a good episode

aamazing stuff. mike centered episode is fine by me. i love breakingbad interrogations...this time with mike vs hank. and mike is a philly cop! what!!!! i stood up and cheered.

one thing ive realized is that hank might not be able to touch walt unless he wants to burn his own life down too. walt can easily implicate hank as an accomplice. who would believe that hank didnt know walt was the kingpin the whole time under his nose? plus, hanks hospital stay was paid for by hank and sky. hank would have a hard time proving he wasnt complicit.

the last scene was so skeevy. creepy ass walt. that was grueling

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    most overrated show on TV.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    aamazing stuff. mike centered episode is fine by me. i love breakingbad interrogations...this time with mike vs hank. and mike is a philly cop! what!!!! i stood up and cheered.

one thing ive realized is that hank might not be able to touch walt unless he wants to burn his own life down too. walt can easily implicate hank as an accomplice. who would believe that hank didnt know walt was the kingpin the whole time under his nose? plus, hanks hospital stay was paid for by hank and sky. hank would have a hard time proving he wasnt complicit.

the last scene was so skeevy. creepy ass walt. that was grueling

the hank theory is very interesting and marie might come in and mediate for the money
    i mean hank can keep his hero position and move up the ladder if he just shuts his mouth and blames someone else with no credibility (jesse?)

the overated comment is unfounded and hyperbolic

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    pcmr said:

oh?

outside of Bryan Cranston, who completely carries the show, I think the rest of the cast is pretty weak. not to mention the show has horrible pacing problems. i don't think its a bad show, just extremely overrated.

• DustedDon said:
    pcmr said:

oh?

outside of Bryan Cranston, who completely carries the show, I think the rest of the cast is pretty weak. not to mention the show has horrible pacing problems. i don't think its a bad show, just extremely overrated.

wow I couldn't disagree more -- maybe true in the first (or possibly second) season, but to say that the only cast member with any merit is Bryan Cranston is completely nutso. Jesse, Mike, and even Bob Odenkirk are about as good as it gets on TV. Gus was possibly the best. And Hank and Skyler really came into their own last season.

And I disagree about the pacing. Most seasons have a great build up to the last few episodes. This season is a little different in that sense -- they hit the ground running. I'm not sure that's a problem though. Both formulas have their strengths.

• when hector salamanca was watching 'bridge on the river kwai' towards the end of season four, my brain damn near melted.

the whole pollos hermanos saga WAS bridge on the river kwai maaaaannnnnnnnn