NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    heh

His driver got lost.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    OKC is going get figured out if they dont get a low post game.
    I likedwhen they passed the ball around against the Spurs.

Westbrook shouldnt have more attempts than Durant.

My brother Will and I have been saying this since the series began...namely that Westbrook can either make or break the Thunder. So far, I think it's the latter. The Thunder need a better playmaker (hell, so does Miami)...PERIOD!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So are people rethinking that "Harden > Ginobili" stuff now?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    OKC is going get figured out if they dont get a low post game.
    I likedwhen they passed the ball around against the Spurs.

Westbrook shouldnt have more attempts than Durant.

They never had a low post game, so they will not develop one in the Finals.

Miami just has better overall defense than the Spurs.

Westbrook at this point is basically 1(A) to Duran'ts 1(A) scoring option. Plus, what do you do when Durant is ball-denied for much of the game? Credit Miami's D. Westbrook is the sole reason, OKC even had a chance in this game.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    mattB said:
    He had an awesome game but he choked.
    Deserved one or two? Come on. That was such a critical play.

And imagine the up-roar if it was Lebron instead of Westbrook.

Maybe Brooks never told his team? If so, you can't place too much blame on Westbrook considering he was busy putting on one of the best finals' performances ever!

It sucks that Miami is so good because I'd really like to see OKC take this. If OKC can squeeze out a win next game, they have a 50/50 shot.

Miami got it locked up, unless of course...........they implode on catastrophic proportions and OKC comes back in one of the greatest Finals series in NBA history! lol

Don't see it happening at this point though. I'm okay with Lebron winning a title. Funny thing is, he'd still be viewed a failure in the eyes of idiots if that was the only title he won in his career.

Two titles? That's okay....

Three titles? Come on, are you kidding me. Kobe won, FIVE.

Talk about expectations to fulfill....jesus.

Lebron's a hall-of-famer if he retired today. End of story.

keithvanhorn said:
    mattB said:
    He had an awesome game but he choked.
    Deserved one or two? Come on. That was such a critical play.

And imagine the up-roar if it was Lebron instead of Westbrook.

Maybe Brooks never told his team? If so, you can't place too much blame on Westbrook considering he was busy putting on one of the best finals' performances ever!
    Yeah it's on the coach too. But Im sure Westbrook would be the first to tell you that his performance didnt mean much because they lost.
    Individual scoring wise, it was a great game obviously. But he is supposed to be their point guard.

But he is supposed to be their point guard.

You score when others aren't scoring, simple as that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    But he is supposed to be their point guard.

You score when others aren't scoring, simple as that.

Other's arent scoring when you dont pass and get others involved.

Yes, Miami is locking up Durant. Harden isnt getting a groove, and Brooks doesnt really have a deep playbook.
    But when Eric Maynor was at the point(before the injury0 they have better ball movement.

Westbrook is a talented dude but he take way too many shots. Iverson did because he was the ONLY threat.
    He is not Kevin Johnson or Tim Hardaway that can get his teammates involved and still get 20+ a night.

They beat The Spurs with the Passing game not the Iso-athletic-transition game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's looking grim for OKC and tonight may be the finale.

I will be happy for Bosh, Wade, Battier, etc. but will never like or respect LeBron as a person.

Maybe if he channeled his arrogance into being competitive like MJ he wouldn't be such an unlikeable figure.

My TV will be turned off before I ever watch him hoist a trophy.

Rockadelic said:

I will be happy for Bosh, Wade, Battier, etc. but will never like or respect LeBron as a person.

Maybe if he channeled his arrogance into being competitive like MJ he wouldn't be such an unlikeable figure.

I never seem to agree with you in this thread.
    Jordan was an arrogant asshole. imo, Lebron is much more likable and less arrogant. That is if you can get over the Cleavland move incident - which it seems most people cant. In fact it's probably because he's not as much of an arrogant asshole that he's not as driven and competitive as Jordan.
    And if you're talking about on-court antics antics after a dunk or whatever, Wade is much worse. He makes me cringe.

Agree with Bosh/Battier though. Seem like good guys.

mattB said:
    Rockadelic said:

Jordan was an arrogant asshole. imo, Lebron is much more likable and less arrogant. That is if you can get over the Cleavland move incident - which it seems most people cant. In fact it's probably because he's not as much of an arrogant asshole that he's not as driven and competitive as Jordan.
    And if you're talking about on-court antics antics after a dunk or whatever, Wade is much worse. He makes me cringe.

MJ was an arrogant asshole but he never showed that in public until he had some Chips under his belt....He used his arrogance to show folks he wouldn't be beat on the court...I honestly never remember him "choking".

I think it was Mohammad Ali or Howard Cosell that said "It ain't bragging if you can back it up".

LeBron's Cleveland move, the "Decision" and that "5,6,7" bullshit makes him very unlikeable especially since he hasn't done a damn thing yet(until tonight).

Last year Jason Terry got the NBA Championship trophy tattooed on him but went out and won it without getting on national TV and showing his tattoo first....If he had, and then lost, he'd be known as a big an asshole as LeBron.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:
    Rockadelic said:

MJ was an arrogant asshole but he never showed that in public until he had some Chips under his belt....He used his arrogance to show folks he wouldn't be beat on the court...I honestly never remember him "choking".

I think it was Mohammad Ali or Howard Cosell that said "It ain't bragging if you can back it up".

LeBron's Cleveland move, the "Decision" and that "5,6,7" bullshit makes him very unlikeable especially since he hasn't done a damn thing yet(until tonight).

Last year Jason Terry got the NBA Championship trophy tattooed on him but went out and won it without getting on national TV and showing his tattoo first....If he had, and then lost, he'd be known as a big an asshole as LeBron.

I too hated LeBron after The Derision, but I have to admit he has won me over with his play in the finals. No fist pumping or chest beating - he has been all business and all about winning and has been just as impressive as MJ, imo.

He knows he hasn't won shit yet and is approaching the game with that in mind. It took a while, but I think dude has finally grown up.

Unless you lived and died for the Cleveland Cavaliers, don't understand the hate for "The Decision" AT ALL. Irrational sports subjective delusional scapegoating at its worst it seems. Charity gets some money at the expense of Cavs fans. What's wrong with that? lol

Jordan was an arrogant asshole. imo, Lebron is much more likable and less arrogant.

Very likeable. I'm glad he got his title.

Wade hasn't looked happy playing the game this year, and I guess it had to do with his divorce. Usually I hate this dude, especially against the Lakers, but I can appreciate the human side he shows in that post-game interview. Really adds some meaning to an otherwise Yankees-esque victory by the Heat.

b/w

I'd love to see an OKC/Miami Finals rematch next year. Both teams will be elite as long as they keep their core groups intact.

yuichi said:
    I'm glad he got his title.

yuichi said:
    I'd love to see an OKC/Miami Finals rematch next year. Both teams will be elite as long as they keep their core groups intact.
    I said this last year, but they REALLY need to get a point guard and let Westbrook go to work at the 2. Yeah, they made it to the finals, but this is the next step to multiple championships imo. It might be at the expense of a fairly big piece (Ibaka? Sefolosha? even Harden?), but they need a Chalmers type. Not a superstar, but a solid point guard. Someone who passes first and let Durant/Westbrook do their thing. Then they can beat Miami. Or at least go 7.

66 Games

batmon said:
    66 Games
    ::eyeroll::

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    battier deserves this (shrugs)

batmon said:
    66 Games

"IT'S ONLY THE REGULAR SEASON!"

Miami was clearly the most dominant team early on in the season. Injuries plagued 'em
    in latter half, and then they got all three pieces healthy again at the end here.

They're gonna be in the mix for a while, because they play great team defense, and they have three
    level-headed stars.

mattB said:
    yuichi said:
    I said this last year, but they REALLY need to get a point guard and let Westbrook go to work at the 2. Yeah, they made it to the finals, but this is the next step to multiple championships imo. It might be at the expense of a fairly big piece (Ibaka? Sefolosha? even Harden?), but they need a Chalmers type. Not a superstar, but a solid point guard. Someone who passes first and let Durant/Westbrook do their thing. Then they can beat Miami. Or at least go 7.

Great points made. I agree. Westbrook needs to move to the 2 and OKC could use a true PG. They have three excellent perimeter threats, and then two disjointed pieces in Perkins and Ibaka. For much of this series, Ibaka/Perkins were looking like dead weight on the offensive end. Sucks for them though, because OKC plays a very non-traditional style of offense. They may need some bigs that are versatile and fast enough to do some basic pick and roll, or make cuts to the basket. Gotta give credit again to Miami defense, because that ball denial and help defense was quite something down the stretch. Real team effort.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Lebron's non-accomplishments before last night's title:

3?? NBA Most Valuable Player (2009???2010, 2012)
    8?? NBA All-Star (2005???2012)
    NBA scoring champion (2008)
    6?? All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008???2012)
    2?? All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
    4?? NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009???2012)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
    NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
    2?? NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008

Yeah, he hadn't done a damn thing.

yuichi said:
    mattB said:
    yuichi said:

Great points made. I agree. Westbrook needs to move to the 2 and OKC could use a true PG. They have three excellent perimeter threats, and then two disjointed pieces in Perkins and Ibaka. For much of this series, Ibaka/Perkins were looking like dead weight on the offensive end. Sucks for them though, because OKC plays a very non-traditional style of offense. They may need some bigs that are versatile and fast enough to do some basic pick and roll, or make cuts to the basket. Gotta give credit again to Miami defense, because that ball denial and help defense was quite something down the stretch. Real team effort.
    I dont mind them having defence first guys in the middle who cant do much offensively. If they have too many scorers, shit gets out of hand. Egos get hurt, players demand trades, coaches get fired etc etc. If they can just get that one reliable point guard they'll be unstoppable. They've kinda got a 90's Bulls formular happening which is a pretty good way to go

One thing I can see that could make it all fall apart. Westbrook wants to be the man and eventually wont be happy with Durant being the man. Kobe vs Shaq part 2.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    OKC needs to financially focus on a strong strategy to keep their coach and especially Ibaka and Harden for a couple more years

In the end this was a very good shortened season.

Im so glad for Juwan Howard. Dude put in years as a role player after his peak seasons. Battier is that dude too. Fuck Mike Miller.

OKC needs a point guard and Brooks needs an offensive assistant to help him with adjustments and creating opportunities for easy low post scoring.

This is going to be an interesting off-season.

batmon said:

Im so glad for Juwan Howard..

Same here....the only member of the Fab Five to win a ring.

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

Lebron's non-accomplishments before last night's title:

3?? NBA Most Valuable Player (2009???2010, 2012)
    8?? NBA All-Star (2005???2012)
    NBA scoring champion (2008)
    6?? All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008???2012)
    2?? All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
    4?? NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009???2012)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
    NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
    2?? NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008

Yeah, he hadn't done a damn thing.

If I've learned one thing at SS it's that nothing matters but the CHIP

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    props to cuban for tearing apart this "wanted it more", "played harder" etc. bullshit apart

(edit: it's not embedding for some reason)

marion et al really locked down james-- pushing him out to the perimeter last year (more amazing thinking about it now given marions age) and yes, the thunder's inability to adjust defensively killed them.