NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    mattB said:
    Seems like every second time-out or dead ball, someone on the heat team is arguing with or screaming at Chalmers. Not just this game either...

YES! I saw that too. At one point Bosh straight up screams at him...dude looked like an angry praying mantis. Chalmers just looked at him like "whadda ya' want from me?"....and they were up by like 15 at this point.

I'd love to know what that was about.

Maybe he was caught pulling a Delonte West?

I'm sorry, that was childish of me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    With regards to Chalmers seemingly being yelled at, I think the three superstars just want the rock in the right places. Too bad he isn't Rondo though......

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Yeah, you may be right. It's a really bad look for the heat though.

Phil Jackson still talkin' that shit even after semi-retirement. He's smart enough not to take that NYC job. lol

"They don't fit together well. (Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo (Anthony)," said Jackson, when asked to expand on "clumsy." "Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way.

"Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can't stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together."

Battier must be breaking some sort of record with his finals 3 point shooting. The guy can't miss. It's pretty amazing.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    okc got amazingly sloppy with the ball down the stretch. regardless, westbrook had a good clear look at a 3 to tie.
    sefoloshas strip and reverse finish was what the shit is all about, if okc had pulled off the win, that could have been one of those plays that get immortalized. in defeat, not so much. still, it got me out my seat

i was watching in a bar so i didnt hear commentary. what was said about the blocking foul on durant? it looked like he had established position on james to take the charge. big 3 point swing

tripledouble said:
    i was watching in a bar so i didnt hear commentary. what was said about the blocking foul on durant? it looked like he had established position on james to take the charge. big 3 point swing
    Imo, that was a good call. Durant leaned.
    The one where Durant was called for a foul on Wade however...
    Typical call of a phantom foul on someone playing D on Wade.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    tripledouble said:

If he did, it was by a microsecond. If you want that call it has to be definitive.

tripledouble said:
    sefoloshas strip and reverse finish was what the shit is all about
    Yeah, but unfortunately so was that horrible turnover with about 18 seconds to go.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Miami was the aggressor down the stretch which was why they won

OKC on the other hand was tentative, hence the plethora of stupid turnovers. It was like they lost their mojo at the end.

I hope Miami wins so that everyone can shut their mouth about lebron. KD's time will come....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    OKC IN 7

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    motown67 said:

OKC on the other hand was tentative, hence the plethora of stupid turnovers. It was like they lost their mojo at the end.

They man up against the Spurs, then turn into little boys against Miami? Goddammit.

I do believe Miami's experience is helping them this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    motown67 said:

They man up against the Spurs, then turn into little boys against Miami? Goddammit.

Gotta win on the road.

i dnt know about that. it is actually part of the game. refs just need to look for contact, not drama queen reaction to contact

Well, that's the whole point isnt it. The ref's can't see the difference in real time and at certain angles, but it is glaringly obvious when looking at replays. Im all for trying something to cut that shit out.

tripledouble said:
    i dnt know about that. it is actually part of the game. refs just need to look for contact, not drama queen reaction to contact

I think the game is so much harder to ref now-a-days because players are so much stronger.

Blake Griffin is a prime example of someone getting fouled on every other play, but only getting the whistle on half of those fouls.

And on the other end of the spectrum, you got finesse dudes who get fouled but don't get fouls because the league allows a certain amount of contact. In the paint I feel a certain amount of contact is perfectly fine. On the perimeter, any excessive contact including hand-checking and dry-humping an offensive player are fouls.

I think flopping is a half reactionary move by the players who weren't getting calls.

All that said, basketball and soccer gotta be two of the hardest games to ref.

is this the first Centerless Finals?

after Perkins?

OKC choke again.

Great game though.

Westbrook is ILL.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That was the game OKC had to win, and they didn't. What a great game overall.

yuichi said:
    Westbrook is ILL.
    Yeah I think he must have been at 13 seconds remaining in the 4th.

mattB said:
    yuichi said:
    Westbrook is ILL.
    Yeah I think he must have been at 13 seconds remaining in the 4th.

I don't blame him at all on that particular play.

Especially with the jumpball situation and overall time remaining. Confusing to say the least.

Also, even if it was a horrible play, he deserved one or two, with the effort he gave. The game was not won on that singular play.

He had an awesome game but he choked.
    Deserved one or two? Come on. That was such a critical play.

And imagine the up-roar if it was Lebron instead of Westbrook.

OKC is going get figured out if they dont get a low post game.
    I likedwhen they passed the ball around against the Spurs.

Westbrook shouldnt have more attempts than Durant.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    You know who would really thrive in this series? Kevin Durant. It's a shame he couldn't make it.