NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Go get them rings, OKC! Beat the shit out of Miami, or, better yet, just play a fun series against Boston where there are no bad guys.

You're forgetting Derrick Fisher.

Shhhhh...you got a rigged first draft pick in exchange.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm teamless, Rock.

The Fisher dislike is universal, based on his clenched-butt style of play.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    There is NO formula.

You really don't think Phil and Pop had a "formula" as far as what kind of players to get and what roles they fit.

I disagree.

Each team has to build differently in the NBA, and you try to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

Portland already had Drexler and drafted Sam Bowie instead of Jordan to get some interior presence.

Detroit had 4 good players. They got Rasheed for his Playoff EXP and his ability to Block,post play, Rebound and stretch the D w/ his three since Wallace cant score by himself.

There are too many intangibles to say I want...

Nash at PG.
    Jordan at SG.
    LeBron at SF.
    Dirk at PF.
    Hakeem at C.

With the cap, draft positions, and free agency, how can anyone build by just building w/ the "best" player available?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Fisher dislike is universal, based on his clenched-butt style of play.

Maybe in your private mind garden. And stop projecting clenched-butt styles onto others.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Go get them rings, OKC! Beat the shit out of Miami, or, better yet, just play a fun series against Boston where there are no bad guys.

You're forgetting Derrick Fisher.

That's true. Actual text I sent during the game: "Fuck Derek Fisher. The rest of OKC I like."

Sheet.....I thought LA got rid of Fisher to get younger and dude is in the Finals.

:f-u:

OKC got the best home crowd since Sactown.

And man, they got not just ONE, but SEVERAL GAMERS.

Funny how many asses Derrick Fisher has hurt. Dude just pulls up in the Fourth, drops a three and a midrange off glass and calls it a night. lol i was rooting for the Spurs cuz i wanted to see a game 7, but pretty much gave in after those baskets.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    What a great game/series. Kinda wish it went to 7, but can't complain.
    They way they're playing right now, OKC the favourite no matter who makes it in the east?

yuichi said:
    OKC got the best home crowd since Sactown.
    When Perkins threw down that dunk at the end, the roof almost came off. Great atmosphere.

motown67 said:
    Also props to S. Jackson. It seemed like he was willing the Spurs to a victory all by himself for a period.
    Yeah, but dont forget Tony Parker. First half and 4th quarter. He had an amazing game.

Derrick Fisher makes Steve Blake look like Rumeal Robinson.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    mattB said:
    motown67 said:
    Also props to S. Jackson. It seemed like he was willing the Spurs to a victory all by himself for a period.
    Yeah, but dont forget Tony Parker. First half and 4th quarter. He had an amazing game.

True. Shit, Parker had an amazing season. That dude is a serious baller.

HarveyCanal said:
    I'm teamless, Rock.

You'll be riding that Anthony Davis led Hornet train before long.

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    I'm teamless, Rock.

No, I won't. Only NOLA team I could ever support was the Jazz...the New Orleans Jazz.

The team I've been the biggest fan of since the Jazz left NOLA was the Sonics. And I'm not trying to follow them to friggin Oklahoma either, even with Longhorns alum KD leading the charge.

Again, I am teamless.

DJ_Enki said:
    mattB said:
    motown67 said:

That spin between Westbrook and Harden (4th quarter?) was utter sickness.

HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    I'm teamless, Rock.

No, I won't. Only NOLA team I could ever support was the Jazz...the New Orleans Jazz.

The team I've been the biggest fan of since the Jazz left NOLA was the Sonics. And I'm not trying to follow them to friggin Oklahoma either, even with Longhorns alum KD leading the charge.

Again, I am teamless.

I've been there....went about 5 years without a team....stopped rooting for the Knicks in '75......became a Mavs fan in '80.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Lebron is NOT fucking around. I've never seen someone so quietly stack 20+ points in a half like he just did.

And Miami's D is fuego as well....probably looks that much better due to many squandered easy buckets by the C's, though.

It's not looking good for Boston right now. I don't see them getting another win in Miami...it's now or never for em'.

Gotta love post season NBA.

EDIT: Well...that was a clinic.

Season? Dude's had an amazing CAREER. Hall-of-famer in my book.

JectWon said:
    Lebron is NOT fucking around.

Dude was in Beast mode.

You dont have to like Lebron or the Heat or "the decision" or the Heat's pre-mature celebration 2 years ago or whatever, but to say LeBron is not clutch or worse, that he is the biggest choker ever (a few pages back) is just ridiculous and an embarrasment to read on a basketball thread.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dude came through with a real rounded BEAST performance
    put backs, cold threes, inside outside, off balance fade
    quilt it

mattB said:
    You dont have to like Lebron or the Heat or "the decision" or the Heat's pre-mature celebration 2 years ago or whatever, but to say LeBron is not clutch or worse, that he is the biggest choker ever (a few pages back) is just ridiculous and an embarrasment to read on a basketball thread.

Who is a bigger choker?

What supposed superstar has disappeared at crunch time more often than Lebron.

I honestly could not think of one.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    Lebron is NOT fucking around.

Dude was in Beast mode.

Yup.

And, (pardon this 'spectator who is probably reading way too much into shit I know nothing about' moment but) it seems like he's going at this the right way from an attitude standpoint. He isn't celebrating as if they have already done what they set out to do. He seems to operate from a standpoint of knowing he's been here before and this isn't the goal...the shit isn't over until they clutch the 4th W of the finals.

...The Celtics were brick city. Going to have Redman and Outsidaz tracks stuck in my head after their performance.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I LOVE GAME 7S, OMFG YEAHHH.

Lebron has been quiet when he needed to be loud many times before.

Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

Who is a bigger choker?

He's definitly had his share of bad late game performances, but then again so has someone like Kobe. In Lebron's case, he's passed it. In Kobe's case, he's jacked up a ludicrous 3 at the beginning of the shot clock with 2 people in his face. I like the fact that James will pass to and trust a teamate. He's just made same bad decisions like anyone else has (and yeah, the finals against Dallas werent flatering).

He's got plenty of memorable clutch moments though. Big playoff moments at that. You cant be "the biggest choker...in any sport" and be able to come through the way he has many times.

btw, I am not saying he is the most clutch player ever.

Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

Who is a bigger choker?

"Blame Michael Jordan" for having people to believe that closing is everything. Lebron must be the only player on the planet that will drop 40 in the first three quarters and haters will still hate.

Believing that star players MUST take the last shot is so 10 years ago. Every player, fan, and organization that follows suit is cheating themselves out of W's......

Also don't like the "wind down the clock so the opposing team doesn't get a shot off" bullshit. HOW ABOUT JUST RUN YOUR OFFENSE WITH AMPLE TIME AND THEN GET BACK AND PLAY D FOR 5 SECONDS? lol

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

Who is a bigger choker?

Karl Malone. Cat was famous for going M.I.A. in the 4th quarter. I agree with you though, Rich.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

ECF G7 in one hour. Im excited.
    Edge to the younger Heat over old men Celtecs,
    but I wouldnt mind seeing an upset.
    Can we have a triple OT thriller please?