NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hmmmmm

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    For some reason I find myself going for the Heat right now.

GO HEAT.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Chris Bosh. He was the difference. His jumper, which was on tonight, opened up the floor for Lebron and didn't allow Garnett to guard the paint or slide over for help defense. Boston also should have switched another player to defending Lebron because Bass could not stay in front of him the whole game and he could get to the paint any time he wanted in the 2nd half.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Young dudes > olde dudes.

I'm excited about the finals. It's gonna be one hell of a match up

motown67 said:
    Boston also should have switched another player to defending Lebron because Bass could not stay in front of him the whole game and he could get to the paint any time he wanted in the 2nd half.
    Yeah that was pretty key, but who? The only guy would have been been Paul Pierce and they didnt want him fouling out again.

They could have tried Pietrus

I cant call this Finals.

Good game by the Heat's role players. Celtics lost steam in the third and it was wrap from there.

The Heat have been to the big dance before so they actually might be more nervous than the Thunder who have no reference.

I cant call what role players on either team will be the x-factors.

Ibaka and Perkins dont score in the post like Garnett.

Durant vs LeBron = :beerbang: :beerbang:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You dudes are pathetic. I thought yall didn't want the Heat to win. lol

With Chris Bosh = true contender

Lebron James = #1 or 2 on planet as of June 9, 2012

Haters fall the fuck back.

By the way, Doc almost getting teary-eyed when his Big Three came back to the bench with less than a minute left = what sports is about. That scene alone made me want to get a Ray Allen or KG jersey.

motown67 said:
    They could have tried Pietrus
    Yeah maybe. But I can see him getting owned just as much. He's not the most mobile guy.
    There's just not much you can do against Lebron really.

True, but Bass is a power forward/center. Plus he was all up on Lebron playing him too close instead of backing off and tempting him into taking a jumper. Peitrus would have been much faster and a better choice IMO.

yuichi said:

Dallas

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Dallas

According to Forbes magazine 2/12 the most hated player in the NBA is....................Kris Humphries.

This accurately represents the current state of NBA fandom

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Dallas

According to Forbes magazine 2/12 the most hated player in the NBA is....................Kris Humphries.

This accurately represents the current state of NBA fandom

Terrible behavior. Dude gets booed on the road for a reality tv show. Stupid fucks.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    So what are the Celtics going to look like next year?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Looks like it's Good (and Derek Fisher) vs. Evil in the finals. Do it, OKC!

Horseleech said:
    So what are the Celtics going to look like next year?

I would imagine Pierce retiring there w/ Allen and Garnett somewhere else.

Bradley is Rondos backcourt mate. Bass becomes the starting PF.

And some free agents signing up.

These two teams are equally talented. OKC just looks hungrier. If OKC wins the next game, the Finals are over.

I gotta admit, Lebron seems to have the pre-ring Dirk disease, where he gets really cautious with the ball in the clutch. He'll hold the ball 2 or 3 seconds longer than usual, and allow the defense to completely predict his move. And then he'll overcompensate on the next play by trying to overpower in the post.

Bottom line though.....

OKC chemistry > Miami chemistry

KD got ice water in his veins. That kid is special. Westbrook beasting too.

yuichi said:
    These two teams are equally talented. OKC just looks hungrier. If OKC wins the next game, the Finals are over.

I gotta admit, Lebron seems to have the pre-ring Dirk disease, where he gets really cautious with the ball in the clutch. He'll hold the ball 2 or 3 seconds longer than usual, and allow the defense to completely predict his move. And then he'll overcompensate on the next play by trying to overpower in the post.

Bottom line though.....

OKC chemistry > Miami chemistry

KD got ice water in his veins. That kid is special. Westbrook beasting too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Simply, OKC has (a) more talent, (b) better chemistry, and (c) better clutch play down the stretch than Miami can ever muster. Plus, I think Scott Brooks will coach circles around Erik Spoelstra in terms of making in-game adjustments. To me, the X-factors are Derek Fisher, Serge Ibaka, and Nick Collison (the 'others', as Shaq calls such players), who can provide additional scoring, defensive stops, and 2nd-chance points (i.e., Ibaka and Collison). I predict OKC to win in 5 or 6 games. Durant and Westbrook did their thangs last night. If Westbrook can stay disciplined (versus chucking bad shots early during the shot clock) and play-make effectively, I don't see how Miami can win the series.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

DJ_Enki said:
    Good (and Derek Fisher)
    haha yes

LeBron is going have to sacrifice points for a full time defensive assignment of Durant.
    No one on the Heat is stoppin this cat. That defend by committee aint gonna work.

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Simply, OKC has (a) more talent, (b) better chemistry, and (c) better clutch play down the stretch than Miami can ever muster. Plus, I think Scott Brooks will coach circles around Erik Spoelstra in terms of making in-game adjustments. To me, the X-factors are Derek Fisher, Serge Ibaka, and Nick Collison (the 'others', as Shaq calls such players), who can provide additional scoring, defensive stops, and 2nd-chance points (i.e., Ibaka and Collison). I predict OKC to win in 5 or 6 games. Durant and Westbrook did their thangs last night. If Westbrook can stay disciplined (versus chucking bad shots early during the shot clock) and play-make effectively, I don't see how Miami can win the series.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Nick Collison was doing the dirty work. Ibaka was contributing last night too.

If James Harden starts feelin' it, Heat got a handful.

That said, I'd like the Heat to win the next game. Wanna see a good Finals.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Simply, OKC has (a) more talent, (b) better chemistry, and (c) better clutch play down the stretch than Miami can ever muster.

:ehhx2:

I don't know if any of that is true. OKC just played a little better last night.

Miami will counter.

It took a second half comback for OKC to win.

Miami cant really run with these kids. They need to slow shit up and make Westbrook a playmaker.

OKC didnt even play their bigs in the second. Perkins and Ibaka were chillin.

I would really like to see Nick Collison. Dude is like the West Coast Jeff Foster. Great Lunchpail glue player.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Great Lunchpail glue player.

This is exactly what Miami is lacking although I'm sure KVH will counter with the benefits of getting 12 minutes out of Joel Anthony and Mike Miller.

I have a house plant that can out coach Spoelstra.

Thunder in 6

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Great Lunchpail glue player.

This is exactly what Miami is lacking although I'm sure KVH will counter with the benefits of getting 12 minutes out of Joel Anthony and Mike Miller.

I have a house plant that can out coach Spoelstra.

Thunder in 6

Haha....Battier is that dude but hes more locker room IMO. Not the scapper unless u count Haslem.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whyd they take him out the game when he was burying threes?

tripledouble said:
    whyd they take him out the game when he was burying threes?

No idea. I guess his old ass is too slow to defend in transition when OKC turned shit up.