NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Playoffs start when a home team loses a game.

Word to the OKC/San An' game 5. That was sick. Looks like OKC did a lot of growing up in the 'stone cold road killer' dept. last night.

My gut says either of these teams can beat the Heat in the finals.

Watching the Spurs desperately try to get flop calls in the late 3rd and 4th was kinda sad...play fuckin' D ya'll....I guess they were getting tired.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Spurs are done.
    lol at these types of comments.

I complained about celtics/heat, but right now not mad at either conference finals AT ALL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    mattB said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Spurs are done.
    lol at these types of comments.

Barkley said it so it must be true

b/w

Big 3's don't win shit...it's a team sport....you need play out of #'s 5-6 & 7

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/44191/a-better-option-than-a-superstar

Been wondering about it myself for a while now. And I completely agree that a role player getting a wide open shot is better than a superstar winding down the clock and trying to make an impossible shot. That shit is played out and wack.

And I don't understand why D Wade wasted time holding the ball and taking that last second three in game 4 because the Heat were down two.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:

And I don't understand why D Wade wasted time holding the ball and taking that last second three in game 4 because the Heat were down two.

It was a busted play--the goal was actually to get Chalmers an open 3, but Wade kinda fucked it up, so he ended up taking the shot.

DJ_Enki said:
    --the goal was actually to get Chalmers an open 3, .

Did the Celtics really try to deal Rondo this past off-season?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Did the Celtics really try to deal Rondo this past off-season?

He also weighed the future of the "big Three". He doesnt want to be left alone with Rondo and a bunch of role players.

The Celtics are now back to being a superpower and should do what they have to do to remain one like the Lakers.

What team on their way to the chip wants to pay for Garnett and Pierce at their age?

Doc and Ainge have done a great job, but i would never take my phone off the hook if another team presents a great deal for one of your assets.

I dont think he actively dangled Rondo out there, but im damn sure he listened to offers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Wow, that game was pretty amazing.

I didn't think Boston had it in them

Rondo is freaking amazing

Biggest news though, Miami goes down as one of the worst crowds EVER!!!

Celts had 5 guys in double figures and the Heat had 2......Boston to the Finals if that doesn't change.

motown67 said:

Biggest news though, Miami goes down as one of the worst crowds EVER!!!

We found that out last year.

Can Miami win two in a row?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    batmon said:

yes.

Bon Vivant said:
    batmon said:

yes.

Why?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    batmon said:

yes.

They can, but they won't.

ALL these commentators are on some..."What had happened was...."

Dick riders exposed

I'm a few beers and a couple of trees in so I'll go on a rant for Batmon....

There is a long known winning formula for basketball that's practiced on every serious playground and gym in the country....if you pick the right combination of players you can run the place.....you NEVER pick all the Superstars.......you pick a dude that plays tenacious defense and passes like a mofo, a guy that can board and has an outlet pass, a dude with top handle, a deadly but unlikely looking outside shooter and a guy that would drive to the hoop on cue. That shit would beat any team with three legendary neighborhood stars and two dudes that never get to touch the ball...I've seen that general scenario work in NYC......L.A........Texas....on every level of pick-up ball.....and that shit is the winning formula in the NBA too. Role players are winning both of these series.

Side Note : I haven't seen a dude come off the bench like James Harden since Cazzie Russell

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Props to the Celts. They are some soldiers.

Who would've guessed motherfuckin' Boston in the Finals?

b/w

These Conference Finals have been terrific!

Rockadelic said:
    Side Note : I haven't seen a dude come off the bench like James Harden since Cazzie Russell
    I admittedly (happy to have) had to google that name, but there's a guy in this very series who comes off the bench at least as well as James Harden.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ginobli > Harden.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Ginobli > Harden.

maybe 2 years ago

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    rondo is cementing his name right now. i had a feeling that if they were going to win he'd have to be top tier...but i wasnt expecting this burst of life out of the big 3. i love it. its gonna be no small feet to close it out though...james and wade are ridiculously talented.

im wondering, if we get boston vs OKC, is that a fiasco for the NBA since they are both small market? im not really sure boston is small market, but okc is definitely not LA. is OKC transcending its smalltown status with how much fun they are to watch? i know my cheap ass bought tickets to see them play when they were in philly.

i like the formula Rock. definitely one for the basketball purists who want everyone on the court to be functional. we loved our AI championship finals team in 2001...george lynch, ratliff, mckie, eric snow. role players playing together for 3 years and gelling around Allens freakish talents

i passed by the park yesterday and there was a medium grade 3on3 game on one end and some middle school kids shooting at the other end. i shot with the little kids for ten minutes, enough to see that they knew how to make layups, shoot a little and handle the ball. when the adults got done, we challenged them to fullcourt and they laughed at us,talked shit, and refused to play us (although i was taller than all of them). finally we convinced them and we had them sweating the whole thing. we lost 16-15, but they pretty much got clowned by 1 adult and some tenacious little kids. it was awesome. an old couple was on the sidelines laughing at the adult team the whole time

Boston vs San Antonio = NBA Money fail

Miami vs OKC = Durant/Westbrook/Harden vs Wade/LeBoring/3/4 Bosh =

Boston isnt small market.

Small market winning is good for the League.

sorry if that last post was inappropriate for an NBA thread. but i have my dreams

batmon said:
    Boston vs San Antonio = NBA Money fail

Miami vs OKC = Durant/Westbrook/Harden vs Wade/LeBoring/3/4 Bosh =

Boston isnt small market.

Small market winning is good for the League.

yeah i instinctually agree, but why is BOS SA a fail? no one wants to see the old guard scrap it out?
    theyre probably not seeing those teams again, built like they are this year.
    btw is Duncan retiring?