NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    batmon said:
    Boston vs San Antonio = NBA Money fail

Miami vs OKC = Durant/Westbrook/Harden vs Wade/LeBoring/3/4 Bosh =

Boston isnt small market.

Small market winning is good for the League.

yeah i instinctually agree, but why is BOS SA a fail? no one wants to see the old guard scrap it out?
    theyre probably not seeing those teams again, built like they are this year.
    btw is Duncan retiring?

As much as I like fundamental well executed old man basketball i really think casual fans would prefer to see the Miami and OKC.
    Reallly they just wanna see the familiar names do spectacular things. The could care less if Perkins or Haslem does their thing.

As great as Duncan is, dude has the charisma of a celery stick. Pop has the most charisma on that team.
    Ginobli is goofy and Parker is goofier. Capt. Jack needs more camera time. Heads know the Spurs but let be real, cats are dry.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    cosine that
    still, spurs vs. celtics is as close to a dynasty clash as we got from these last few years
    im hoping for okc / boston, just cause i cant wait to see the fallout from a miami exit

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    the fallout from a miami exit

Spoelstra gone?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    someone pls sum up KG postgame comments? I can't watch at work. Thx.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    tripledouble said:

Spoelstra gone?

During last nights game this guy looked spooked.....scared and out of his league.....he'll be fired before the first Boston champagne cork hits the ground.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    tripledouble said:

Spoelstra gone?

During last nights game this guy looked spooked.....scared and out of his league.....he'll be fired before the first Boston champagne cork hits the ground.

I kind of feel bad for the guy because honestly, how much actual coaching can he really do in his situation? As soon as things start getting rough, everybody starts clamoring for Wade-n-LeBron hero ball (including Wade and LeBron, I'm sure). And it's not like he's got the presence of Phil Jackson or Popovich or even Riley to say, "Everybody shut the fuck up, I know what I'm doing, and you can either get with the program or get lost." It's kind of a loser situation for him no matter what: If the Heat win, it's because, duh, Wade and LeBron, no coaching necessary. If they lose, it's because of the idiot coach.

This is the SECOND season of the 'Miami Experiment'. And its a 66 game season.

I wouldnt panic but getting a new coach might prolong their development.

They need an inside scorer.

This shit aint over though.

Nobody up in this bitch had Boston.

batmon said:

Miami can definitely win this thing....but not if Lebron Wade are the only ones doing anything.

The arena in OKC tonight will be ridiculous

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    tripledouble said:

Spoelstra gone?

I kind of feel bad for the guy because honestly, how much actual coaching can he really do in his situation? As soon as things start getting rough, everybody starts clamoring for Wade-n-LeBron hero ball (including Wade and LeBron, I'm sure). And it's not like he's got the presence of Phil Jackson or Popovich or even Riley to say, "Everybody shut the fuck up, I know what I'm doing, and you can either get with the program or get lost." It's kind of a loser situation for him no matter what: If the Heat win, it's because, duh, Wade and LeBron, no coaching necessary. If they lose, it's because of the idiot coach.

Which is why he shouldn't be the coach, even if it's not his fault.

They need somebody the players will respect and look up to, somebody who has won on their own terms, not some dude who still looks like he's in college.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is the SECOND season of the 'Miami Experiment'.

Miami front office shouldn't be sweating and I don't think Spoelstra deserves all the blame either.

I mean they were clearly a better team this year until Bosh got hurt. I would keep Spoelstra and go for one more year.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wouldn't be mad at an OKC/Boston matchup, but both series still got potential to turn around.

yuichi said:
    This is the SECOND season of the 'Miami Experiment'.

Miami front office shouldn't be sweating and I don't think Spoelstra deserves all the blame either.

I mean they were clearly a better team this year until Bosh got hurt. I would keep Spoelstra and go for one more year.

Were they clearly the better team? Boston has had their number for a long minute now.

These reporters are now saying that Miami isnt really a good TEAM.
    They have more talent than other teams but arent really a TEAM like The Celtics or Spurs who have a very well oiled system.

And how does the "best" player in the NBA disappear in the fourth quarter?

Batmon.....do you think LeBron could play for Coach Pop?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

There is a long known winning formula for basketball that's practiced on every serious playground and gym in the country....if you pick the right combination of players you can run the place.....you NEVER pick all the Superstars.......you pick a dude that plays tenacious defense and passes like a mofo, a guy that can board and has an outlet pass, a dude with top handle, a deadly but unlikely looking outside shooter and a guy that would drive to the hoop on cue. That shit would beat any team with three legendary neighborhood stars and two dudes that never get to touch the ball...I've seen that general scenario work in NYC......L.A........Texas....on every level of pick-up ball.....and that shit is the winning formula in the NBA too. Role players are winning both of these series.

NO. First, there is no winning formula in basketball, let alone a "a long known winning formula for basketball that's practiced on every serious playground and gym in the country." That is just a ridiculous statement. Second, you do always do pick the better player at each given position, but things like unselfishness factor into how you judge a good player. That's why people like Steve Nash get MVP on 3 occasions even though he's not the most skilled/purely talented player in the league.

Also, Harden and Ginobli are not role players just because they come off the bench. They are premiere players for their respective teams - stars of the NBA.

keithvanhorn said:
    That's why people like Steve Nash get MVP on 3 occasions even though he's not the most skilled/purely talented player in the league. .

Steve Nash won 2 MVPs because the NBA wanted a white MVP to counteract the cornrolls, Hip Hop, and The Malice in The Palace.

:eyeball:

Rockadelic said:
    Batmon.....do you think LeBron could play for Coach Pop?

If Pop had got his hands on LeBron when he first got into the League, Yup.

But this dude was anointed before he didnt do shit. Nike promoted, NBA rode it, and dumb fans smoked it.

He's far too gone at this point and I prefer Durant's steady career arc.

LeBron has now played for two pushover coaches so I dont know if he could deal w/ Pop's military style at this point.

Fuck yo' points, rebounds, assists and steals.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:

Hey Batmon,

I called Boston a long time ago. Also, I said Miami had no heart and would never win an NBA Championship as currently configured. The 'swami' spoke long ago. ;-)

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think Lebron could play for Pop. At his heart Lebron is a team player so I thought he would love to play for a coach that can get the best out of everyone on their team, and play real team ball. Brown and Spoelstra are fucking horrible. Guys on TV were tearing both of them new aholes this year for good reason.

Last night Spoelstra made no adjustments, and in the 2nd half it didn't even seem like he was even coaching.

Pat Riley wont hire a Coach with a more dominant personality than him.

Congrats to the Thunder. They are one hell of a team.

Also props to S. Jackson. It seemed like he was willing the Spurs to a victory all by himself for a period.

motown67 said:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Poop coaching by Pop. Why did he abandon what got them there?

Congrats OKC. They slew the dragon. Now to the big dance.

keithvanhorn said:

NO. First, there is no winning formula in basketball, let alone a "a long known winning formula for basketball that's practiced on every serious playground and gym in the country." That is just a ridiculous statement. Second, you do always do pick the better player at each given position, but things like unselfishness factor into how you judge a good player.

Also, Harden and Ginobli are not role players just because they come off the bench. They are premiere players for their respective teams - stars of the NBA.

So then why doesn't Ginobli start every game? Why doesn't Harden start? Why did the Lakers start Kurt Rambis in over 300 games?

If teams always pick the best player per position, why don't they start them every game as well? Why do role players like Rambis get to start so many games if the teams always go for the best?

motown67 said:
    keithvanhorn said:

NO. First, there is no winning formula in basketball, let alone a "a long known winning formula for basketball that's practiced on every serious playground and gym in the country." That is just a ridiculous statement. Second, you do always do pick the better player at each given position, but things like unselfishness factor into how you judge a good player.

So then why doesn't Ginobli start every game? Why doesn't Harden start? Why did the Lakers start Kurt Rambis in over 300 games?

If teams always pick the best player per position, why don't they start them every game as well? Why do role players like Rambis get to start so many games if the teams always go for the best?

If coming off the bench with instant offense ala Vinnie Johnson isn't one of the most important "roles" on an NBA team what the heck is?

There is NO formula.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    motown67 said:

Also props to S. Jackson. It seemed like he was willing the Spurs to a victory all by himself for a period.

all of this.

Go get them rings, OKC! Beat the shit out of Miami, or, better yet, just play a fun series against Boston where there are no bad guys.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

Go get them rings, OKC! Beat the shit out of Miami, or, better yet, just play a fun series against Boston where there are no bad guys.

You're forgetting Derrick Fisher.

batmon said:
    There is NO formula.

You really don't think Phil and Pop had a "formula" as far as what kind of players to get and what roles they fit.

I disagree.