President Romney (NRR Catnip)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
In October of '07 I called the 2008 race here for Obama.....today, 5 months before the election I'm calling 2012 for Romney....don't see it ending any other way.

Not supporting it....just predicting it.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wasn't on the official list of guests, but Romney was seen at the Bilderberg Conference the other day. #shoein

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Wasn't on the official list of guests, but Romney was seen at the Bilderberg Conference the other day. #shoein

Had Barack ever been?

Yep, just before being elected.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    everyone is just sorely disapointed in Obama and shook from his big moves
    i support him (from canada) but can see the writing on the wall

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    ye of little faith.

Lots of campaigning still to happen.

I don't blame Harvey for not believing, but he's still asshurt from Ron Paul's whipping.

No way Romney wins. He won't have minorities, or women. And he won't have Dems and a significant portion of indys. It will be close.

Bon Vivant said:

I don't blame Harvey for not believing, but he's still asshurt from Ron Paul's whipping.

I never once thought Ron Paul would win the Republican nomination.

I've been saying he should run as an independent all along.

In many polls, Paul fares better than Romney head-to-head against Obama.

But I'm not even thinking it's up to us anyway. US Presidents are appointed.

And it looks like Romney will be getting the nod this time.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    It will be down to the wire, one of those in which we will find out a week or 2 after the election who won, recounts, etc. but Obama will squeak by into a second term.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    KVH predicted Obama's re-election here in Aug '11. I agree as I did then.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/71126

Voting 3rd party though.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I'm looking forward to finally seeing them debate in October. The next few months of back-and-forth empty sound bites is like going to an NBA game with a 6-hour pregame shootaround.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Putting all policy aside for a second, when's the last time Americans elected the less-likable candidate? Obviously, a lot of people hate Obama, for reasons ranging from completely valid to utterly ridiculous, but no one likes Romney. Americans have a clear record of voting for people they'd like to have a beer with, and I don't think anyone wants to hang with Mittens.

Also, effete Massachusetts dudes wholly lacking charisma have a pretty poor record over the last few decades. My money's on Obama, but not much.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Unherd said:
    Putting all policy aside for a second, when's the last time Americans elected the less-likable candidate?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    but he's still asshurt from Ron Paul's whipping.

While Paul has no shot. I don't think everything will be easy for the RNC and Romney.

Stuff like the link below could disenfranchise a portion of traditional republican voters. Opening up a small but sizable independent vote. If Gary Johnson can get his party into it, he could possibly mess things up for Romney down the line...

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-convention-louisiana-075/

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    President Romney looks likely to me too.

I have to say, that the more Romney talks, the more I like Obama.
    Will be interesting to see how the debates play out. They are both cool, intellectual, above the fray type debaters.
    Typically the incumbent wants to avoid debates, and the challenger has the most to benefit.
    Interested to see if that is how this plays out.

What I have said in the past is that Obama needs the unemployment to be below 8% and the economy improving for him to win.
    With federal, state and local governments doing almost no spending there is little chance of the economy improving.

Romney spent the last year pushing women and minorities away.
    He will spend the next 5 months pulling them back.
    If he can keep minorities home and get a near split on women then it will be about independents.
    The above line should be modified to say 'in swing states'.
    How does it look for minority turn out in NC, VA and FL?
    How does it look for independents in IN, WI, CO?

Those who think Obama is going to win need to get off the internet and start working the ground game in swing states now.

I go back and forth on just how horrible a Romney presidency would be.

On the one hand he is ultimately a pragmatist who doesn't truly feel strongly one way or the other on most issues.

On the other hand he has no back bone is willing to go along with what ever the current nutsos who are running congress and the Republican party come up with.

Hey! I said unemployment only needs to be under 9% a year ago. Mission Accomplished!

HA! I also said below 6%.
    If I make enough predictions I will eventually be right.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Momentum right now obviously in Mitt's corner. But he just officially became the nominee and it's June. It's going to be tight! Right-leaning country and poor economic growth on one hand. On the other, a white-bread personality-less candidate and an ever-increasing gap between the haves and have-nots. I have my horse in the race while Romney riding one ???like a quarter horse, but just a much better gait???.

• Mitt Romney could potentially help our current economic situation, but it will be at the cost of education, social welfare, and worker's rights.
    See Scott Walker for the blueprint.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My biggest fear in a Romney, or any Republican Predidency are Supreme Court Nominations, which there will be a few in the next few years. A couple more fascists like Scalia and bullshit like Citizens United will seem like child's play. A right-leaning activist court could/would be terrifying.

fauxteur said:

Voting 3rd party though.

Waste of a vote. But hey, it's yours to waste!

The_Hook_Up said:
    . A right-leaning activist court could/would be terrifying.

Arguably, we already have that.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Obama still has a chance, but it's going to be hard. The bad economy, Obama's lackluster record are big strikes against him. On the other hand, Romney is the greatest example of a politician who will literally say and do anything to get elected like in a southern primary this year when he was talking to people with a fake southern accent saying "Y'all" all the time. His father was also a leader of the moderate wing of the Republican party who actively campaigned against the conservative swing it took in the 1970s, and Romney followed that same path until he decided to run for president. I think it was David Brooks who is a Republican commentator for the NY Times and PBS' Newshour who said that Romney was born on 3rd base with his wealth, but thinks he hit a triple and really doesn't know who he is yet.

If Obama had some cojones he would relentlessly attack that clown over being a chameleon and rip him a new one. Unfortunately, that's not Obama's style, which is another factor behind him struggling to win this time.

Almost forgot, the Republican base is also very motivated to get rid of Obama so they will have a big turn out, while that's not true for the Democrats.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    motown67 said:
    If Obama had some cojones he would relentlessly attack that clown over being a chameleon and rip him a new one. Unfortunately, that's not Obama's style, which is another factor behind him struggling to win this time.

Almost forgot, the Republican base is also very motivated to get rid of Obama so they will have a big turn out, while that's not true for the Democrats.

I think this too. It's a shame that Dems always seem too afraid to call the right out on their hysterical, zealous "we only listen to a Higher Authority, everyone else are evil athiest Commies" bullshit that many belt stater voters, who cannot tell the difference between politics and Christianity, lap up like hungry dogs. If the Dems were as ferocious on the real issues as these simpletons who get so riled up about birth certificates, abortion/BC and other trivial garbage, we would be in business. Unfortunately, the left always plays it safe.

Y'all are seriously not convinced by now that this shit is all rigged?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, the Illuminati wanted America to have a black president, and now wants to go back to a white one.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    motown67 said:

A lot of angles in play here.

Don't forget that a lot of the Republican bible belt base won't vote for Romney because they think Mormonism is a freaky cult. These folks probably just won't vote.

On the other hand, if Romney picks Rubio, he'll win over a lot of the Latin vote. I've heard he's going to pick Portman, which is a big mistake for him, imo.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    motown67 said:

Care to back that one up? Weren't the turnouts during most of the Republican primaries way low? I'll agree that the Dems will struggle to get the same turnout as '08.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    white_tea said:
    motown67 said:

Care to back that one up? Weren't the turnouts during most of the Republican primaries way low? I'll agree that the Dems will struggle to get the same turnout as '08.

Primaries didn't really mean shit relative to the actual election. Republicans will squabble amongst themselves about how they should nominate this guy over that guy during the primaries, but once the nominee is set, they fall in line quite readily. And they'll do so to an even greater degree than usual in order to defeat the Kenyan Muslim Usurper Commie Nazi Black Panther.

Plus, the GOP has been going pretty hardcore on voter suppression, which is crucial to its election strategy.

motown67 said:
    Obama still has a chance, but it's going to be hard. The bad economy, Obama's lackluster record are big strikes against him. On the other hand, Romney is the greatest example of a politician who will literally say and do anything to get elected like in a southern primary this year when he was talking to people with a fake southern accent saying "Y'all" all the time. His father was also a leader of the moderate wing of the Republican party who actively campaigned against the conservative swing it took in the 1970s, and Romney followed that same path until he decided to run for president. I think it was David Brooks who is a Republican commentator for the NY Times and PBS' Newshour who said that Romney was born on 3rd base with his wealth, but thinks he hit a triple and really doesn't know who he is yet.

I think Obama does well on the attack. He just does it coolly.

Really, it's not good for the president to be aggressive in his attacks. But his campaign has, and will continue to attack Romney.

A funny thing about the news media is they will only listen to one attack at a time.
    So last week it was all about Obama attacking Romney for gutting businesses.
    This week it is all Wisconsin.
    Coming up is attacking Rs for having no new ideas and only running negative ads.

motown67 said:
    Yes, the Illuminati wanted America to have a black president, and now wants to go back to a white one.

But I thought you didn't go back?