President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    The more people see of Romney the less they're gonna like him. The debates between him and Obama will be a key, because if Romney comes across as the weird robot he seems to be he'll be done.

And Mormonism is wackier than most other Christian sects. Even Mormons know this, which is why they don't talk about their underwear or the planet Kolob or Jesus playing hacky sack with the Hakowies much. They'd prefer to keep that stuff out of the public eye.

How did you like him as your Governor?

LaserWolf said:
    You are sounding very bigoted.
    Please stop.

Many people don't understand that tolerance means actually tolerating things you don't agree with.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    As a side note, any thread containing the phrases "Long Island Ice Tea" and "Magic underwear" in the same post is a winner.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    volumen said:
    The whole drone program is fully supported and encouraged by the right wing, financial, military industrial complex of which Romney is a part of and will do nothing to stop. You've heard of FDR right? He talked about it once.

FDR talked about drones and the military industrial complex?
    Calm down.
    Take a deep breath.
    Attack Willard for who he is what he has done and try to be factual.
    Please.

volumen said:
    The whole drone program is fully supported and encouraged by the right wing, financial, military industrial complex of which Romney is a part of and will do nothing to stop. You've heard of FDR right? He talked about it once.
    You're thinking of Eisenhower, I believe.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Eisenhower was the one who warned of the military industrial complex.

Also, never trust a guy named after a baseball glove.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Fred_Garvin said:
    volumen said:

Doh!

A] His salary is paid for by tax dollars and his tithing is based on and paid for by his salary. Therefore your tax dollars will be funneled directly to the Mormom church to fund things you may not agree with. It's completely informed and accurate. I also realize plenty of presidents do things with their money we don't like but knowing it's going to mandatory cult tithing is a whole 'nother level.

Wrong. Once the salary is paid to him, it's his money, not the taxpayers. As Governor of MA, he didn't even take his salary.
    Amount of MA tax dollars paid to Mormon church = 0.

A]B] I never said that there is a relation between drones and Mormonism. If your not concerned about right wing cult members being the president THEN thing like drones flying in US are space probably don't bother you either. They are both very serious issues occurring right now that people don't seems to know or care about. The whole drone program is fully supported and encouraged by the right wing, financial, military industrial complex of which Romney is a part of and will do nothing to stop. You've heard of FDR right? He talked about it once.

Oh I see. If I don't share your particular brand of hysteria, then I'm a supporter of all kinds of evil right wing shit and, well, am just as bad as Hitler.

Got to love Soul Strut political logic!

Yeah, Mormonism is pretty weird, but so is Catholicism and most other religions, imo. I mean, Jesus is basically a zombie, right?.

Gee I wonder how he was able to afford not taking salary. I realize the money is his but it doesn't change the fact that it came from the tax payers. I don't want my tax dollar paying someone who will then give the money to the Mormon church, especially the president. It's bad enough all my tax dollars already go to bombs and bailouts. Oh but the fact that the bailout money went to high level bonuses doesn't matter because once we gave the banks the money they could do what ever they wanted with it. Yes, if you make excuses for Romey and/or support him you are supporting the crazy right wing shit he will allow. That's why people elect someone, because they support their views. Your clearly more worried about your xbox and next ebay auction.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    When are any of these cunts going to close down Gitmo, huh?
    HUH?

For shame.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    A] His salary is paid for by tax dollars and his tithing is based on and paid for by his salary. Therefore your tax dollars will be funneled directly to the Mormom church to fund things you may not agree with. It's completely informed and accurate. I also realize plenty of presidents do things with their money we don't like but knowing it's going to mandatory cult tithing is a whole 'nother level.

Wrong. Once the salary is paid to him, it's his money, not the taxpayers. As Governor of MA, he didn't even take his salary.
    Amount of MA tax dollars paid to Mormon church = 0.

A]B] I never said that there is a relation between drones and Mormonism. If your not concerned about right wing cult members being the president THEN thing like drones flying in US are space probably don't bother you either. They are both very serious issues occurring right now that people don't seems to know or care about. The whole drone program is fully supported and encouraged by the right wing, financial, military industrial complex of which Romney is a part of and will do nothing to stop. You've heard of FDR right? He talked about it once.

Oh I see. If I don't share your particular brand of hysteria, then I'm a supporter of all kinds of evil right wing shit and, well, am just as bad as Hitler.

Got to love Soul Strut political logic!

Yeah, Mormonism is pretty weird, but so is Catholicism and most other religions, imo. I mean, Jesus is basically a zombie, right?.

Gee I wonder how he was able to afford not taking salary. I realize the money is his but it doesn't change the fact that it came from the tax payers. I don't want my tax dollar paying someone who will then give the money to the Mormon church, especially the president. It's bad enough all my tax dollars already go to bombs and bailouts. Oh but the fact that the bailout money went to high level bonuses doesn't matter because once we gave the banks the money they could do what ever they wanted with it. Yes, if you make excuses for Romey and/or support him you are supporting the crazy right wing shit he will allow. That's why people elect someone, because they support their views. Your clearly more worried about your xbox and next ebay auction.

And you are clearly incapable of forming and sustaining any kind of rational argument. I never made any excuses for or supported Romney. My only comment about Romney is that I said that there are many reasons to be wary of him, which in your world equals 'support'. I just like to base my opinions on facts, while you clearly prefer hysteria.

And lol about xbox, I've never played a video game in my life.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if this week's claims numbers follow this month's jobs numbers, someone is going to need to tell ben to fire up the chopper

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    volumen said:
    Fred_Garvin said:
    volumen said:

Doh!

no bullschit, watch this documentary
    http://youtu.be/i2uAc4HkIAM

The Atlantic Wire magazine is floating the idea that Barack will pull out an "October Surprise" by suporting the legalization of marijuana in order to get the 30 and under vote turn-out as stong as possible.

Thoughts?

Rockadelic said:
    The Atlantic Wire magazine is floating the idea that Barack will pull out an "October Surprise" by suporting the legalization of marijuana in order to get the 30 and under vote turn-out as stong as possible.

Thoughts?

Empty Rhetoric.

He promised to protect states-rights on the legalization of mary jane during his campaign, then reversed that empty rhetoric by actually coming down hard on state-sanctioned operations...and now he's planning to talk more worthless smack that he will surely never back up???

What a guy!

To address an earlier post - he will almost certainly dump Biden, who gets him exactly zero additional votes.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    everyone should be pissed

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:

False equivalency again. Soros has never given anywhere near that amount of money. But I know, "both sides do it," so it must be the same.

Except it isn't.

No equivalency suggested.

b/w

Alderson almost topped 2008 Move-On.org all by himself.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    To address an earlier post - he will almost certainly dump Biden, who gets him exactly zero additional votes.

But, in doing so, who would get him additional votes? I don't see it...

gareth said:
    Horseleech said:

Hillary.

HarveyCanal said:
    gareth said:
    Horseleech said:

Hillary.

Who will then run for Pres next election.

Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    gareth said:
    Horseleech said:

Hillary.

Who will then run for Pres next election.

I'm sure they can easily pull out another glossy cyborg/hologram like Obama when the time comes.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Please stop.

Many people don't understand that tolerance means actually tolerating things you don't agree with.

Wait a minute. Tolerance does not mean tolerating everything. It doesn't mean abdicating one's core values and turning into a door mat.

That being said, I agree that Mormonism is a cult. However, there are many, many other reasons not to vote for Romney besides his cult memeber status. I would, however, like Romney to explain how he could have been an adult member of a racist group (Mormons) and expect to be taken seriously as President for all Americans.

volumen said:

Please stop.

Everything I've said about the Mormon's is true. They actively try to stop gay marriage in other states, which is bigoted and a violation of states rights. They also believe that black people are black because they were cursed by God. I'm pretty sure that's bigoted too. Not really sure how thinking that this is a really bad group to pull a pres from makes me the bigot.

They aren't OK just letting people be themselves. They show up at your door and try to covert you to their belief system and if you join and break a rule they ostracize you. (yes I realize plenty of people do this) They also try to act like Utah is their state even though they are not the majority and their is suppose to be separation of church and state. This isn't the 1800's. They only reason they ended up here in he first place is because everyone else kicked them out of state after state and city after city and Utah wasn't settled yet.

LaserWolf said:
    volumen said:

Please stop.

Everything I've said about the Mormon's is true. They actively try to stop gay marriage in other states, which is bigoted and a violation of states rights. They also believe that black people are black because they were cursed by God. I'm pretty sure that's bigoted too. Not really sure how thinking that this is a really bad group to pull a pres from makes me the bigot.

They aren't OK just letting people be themselves. They show up at your door and try to covert you to their belief system and if you join and break a rule they ostracize you. (yes I realize plenty of people do this) They also try to act like Utah is their state even though they are not the majority and their is suppose to be separation of church and state. This isn't the 1800's. They only reason they ended up here in he first place is because everyone else kicked them out of state after state and city after city and Utah wasn't settled yet.

Saying that everyone who is a member of a group is exactly like, and believes the same things and acts the same way as everyone else in that group is the definition of being a bigot.

If Mormonism has beliefs that you disagree with, fine.
    If Romney has beliefs that you disagree with, fine.

Saying that Romney believes everything that any Mormon has ever believed is bigoted.
    Saying that if he is elected the Mormon church will be running the country is bigoted.
    Saying that he will be forcing Mormon beliefs on all Americans if elected is bigoted.

The reason so many people think they are not bigoted is because they have no idea what it means to be a bigot.

Mormon's like other religions is filled with all kinds of nutty ideas and beliefs.
    That does not make them a cult. Nor does their underwear, or their church hierarchy.

Trying to stop gay marriage is bigoted.
    Willard's views on gay marriage is a good reason to oppose him.
    Mormons live in every state and have a right to vote and support or oppose ballot measures in those states.
    All US Citizens have the right to support or oppose politicians and ballot measures outside their home state.

Mormonism officially stopped discriminating against Blacks until 1978.
    Like many Christians they believed that black skin was the mark of Cain.
    Mormonism, like most Christian denominations, believe that every one living today was a member of Noah's family and was on the Ark.

I would love to hear a reporter ask Willard what his views on Blacks and civil rights were before 1978.
    And if he believed in equal rights then why did he not speak out against Church teaching.

There was a lot of talk a few months ago about Hillary and Biden switching places.
    I think we have a thread on the subject.
    It makes a lot of sense, except for his big mouth, Biden would be a good SoS.
    Hillary would be a great running mate.

The idea was mostly discredited.

I think, politically, it is still a good one.
    Hillary is unlikely to continue as SoS for a second term.
    She would be a great running mate.

I don't think it is going to happen.

Obama is going to have to find a way to make having less money a positive for him.

Adelson has to realize that the Christian right are willing to defend Israel to the last Jew.

LaserWolf said:

Mormonism officially stopped discriminating against Blacks until 1978.

MItt Romney was born in 1947. That means he was 31 when Mormons finally officially did away with being racist. Giving Romney a generous pass on being a child from ages 0-17, that means he was a devout, serious member of a racist "religion" for 13 years of his adult life.

Someone needs to ask him about that.

DP