What white people say about Kanye now

12346»

Comments

• like telling minority children they wont amount to shit while your in a teacher/ counselor position?

GOD THIS THREAD IS PISSING ME OFF. Fuckers want to posture themselves and throw out the truth.

Fuck it I got more to say but I'll just get more and more heated

ARRRRRGH!

well first off they werent minority children, they were minority ex-offender emancipated youth and teenage adults.

second, youre goddamn right and i'll do it again. what? should i have told them that if they put their minds to it they can accomplish anything in this country? fill em up with even more lies? i was truthful[/b] to my students, and as a "teacher/counselor" or what my card said "case manager", that is about as good as you can be. but you seem to know better what with your worldly experiences and all, you tell me how to run it.

I'll tell you one thing I won't preach about how we need change and how its possible and at the same time tell the youth how hopeless their lives are. Good job putting these young people in their place. If only more people in a position of power and respect would tell young america how pointless it is to do anything and how they should be complacent and bitchy instead.

No need in giving people the power of hope and acheivement. Theres comfort in keeping everything status quo.

And a major point your '92 riots thing glanced over is that while you were "identifying" with the black people out there looting your Asian herritage would of made you more of a target than just about anyone. The black vs. Asian thing was a major major issue in LA. Latasha Harlens shooting at the hands of Korean shop owner over a carton of orange juice was just months prior to the riot. Korean shop owners were getting their shit torched down because they were running liquor stores in the black community.

But seeing as you were 500 miles away and I was living in Los Angeles I'll take your thoughts on the riots over the truth I saw with my eyes

calm down cupcake. itll be ok.

well, by that same coin, would you care to elaborate on the jewish/black race relations and how you identify with "blacks" as well? im not gonna sit here on the computer and defend my race. i can only defend what i do as an asian-american individual. i saw some fucked up shit in my state and i did something about it. i worked my ass off in areas that you will never go to. and i got burned out on that shit. im not gonna lie, i was an idealistic middle-class fuck just like most of us here. went in there singing koombaya thinking i could change it all around. towards the end of my "illustrious" career as a social worker, i'll admit, i got hell of jaded. seeing all my work amount to nothing. seeing these kids i worked with get thrown back in ygc again and again and knowing that they will probably live out their adult lives in that same pattern. seeing some new college kid get hired on with the same sparkle in his eye thinking he was gonna change shit. well, it hasnt changed. now, if you think otherwise, i can link you up with over a dozen local and state and even a small number of federal agencies that are more than willing to pay you just above minimum wage to bust your ass. im guessing you wont take me up on that offer though. if anyone is posturing and all talk kid its you. im not god, im just a common man that did what i thought was right. and it changed me.

and edpowers, when it comes to my own personal experiences in life, collective history does not apply. what you are implying is commonly referred to as prejudice.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    what you are implying is commonly referred to as prejudice.

Not to interject too much here, but as far as Los Angeles is concerned, J and A are right on the money with how racial tensions between the Black and Asian communities were in the early 90's.

Go bust this out and you can relive it all over again...

Not saying that you weren't A DOWN ASS AZN HOMIE KEEPIN' IT TRILL IN THA STREETZ OF THE 'SCO. That's just how it was down here at that time.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'll tell you one thing I won't preach about how we need change and how its possible and at the same time tell the youth how hopeless their lives are. Good job putting these young people in their place. If only more people in a position of power and respect would tell young america how pointless it is to do anything and how they should be complacent and bitchy instead.

No need in giving people the power of hope and acheivement. Theres comfort in keeping everything status quo.

And a major point your '92 riots thing glanced over is that while you were "identifying" with the black people out there looting your Asian herritage would of made you more of a target than just about anyone. The black vs. Asian thing was a major major issue in LA. Latasha Harlens shooting at the hands of Korean shop owner over a carton of orange juice was just months prior to the riot. Korean shop owners were getting their shit torched down because they were running liquor stores in the black community.

But seeing as you were 500 miles away and I was living in Los Angeles I'll take your thoughts on the riots over the truth I saw with my eyes

calm down cupcake. itll be ok.

well, by that same coin, would you care to elaborate on the jewish/black race relations and how you identify with "blacks" as well? im not gonna sit here on the computer and defend my race. i can only defend what i do as an asian-american individual. i saw some fucked up shit in my state and i did something about it. i worked my ass off in areas that you will never go to. and i got burned out on that shit. im not gonna lie, i was an idealistic middle-class fuck just like most of us here. went in there singing koombaya thinking i could change it all around. towards the end of my "illustrious" career as a social worker, i'll admit, i got hell of jaded. seeing all my work amount to nothing. seeing these kids i worked with get thrown back in ygc again and again and knowing that they will probably live out their adult lives in that same pattern. seeing some new college kid get hired on with the same sparkle in his eye thinking he was gonna change shit. well, it hasnt changed. now, if you think otherwise, i can link you up with over a dozen local and state and even a small number of federal agencies that are more than willing to pay you just above minimum wage to bust your ass. im guessing you wont take me up on that offer though. if anyone is posturing and all talk kid its you. im not god, im just a common man that did what i thought was right. and it changed me.

and edpowers, when it comes to my own personal experiences in life, collective history does not apply. what you are implying is commonly referred to as prejudice.

you see, this is why you shouldn't have been put in charge of anything doing with the youth. Jaded people plain and simple do not need to be telling anyone anything. It's like putting a crack addict in charge of a drug treatment center. Because you became so jaded I think its safe to say you were defeated by the system. It's modern day seasoning and they broke you plain and simple.

Now on your other point/ bitter attack, I don't think the Jewish plight and the African American plight have many identifiable aspects. They are both unique to their cultures and history.

I can tell you that the "Mississippi Burning" case involved the deaths of Jews and Blacks and I'm sure it wasn't just a hate crime against the black guy.

I can tell you that the majority of Professors, teachers and educators at the inception of most of Americas predominantly black colleges were Jewish

and I can tell you that your preconceived notion of me as an uppity whiteboy with a life of privilege is so incredibly far off from the truth that its damn near laughable, and I would be chuckling if your thoughts on me weren't mixed in with this racist notion of white people that you've stated several times on this site.

I do take it as a compliment though that I can fit into society in a place where I can go from lower class to a symbol for the upper class. It lets me know tha I can fit in where I need to, do what I got to do, and get out before I too become a product of my enviroment

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    MAN - you guys need to get a room & fuck or fight already.

This shit is ridiculous.

And Adam, are you White, are you Jewish, are you both? Is it the same thing?
    I honestly don't know.
    Didn't you make some big deal about differentiating the two way back when?

• what you are implying is commonly referred to as prejudice.

Not to interject too much here, but as far as Los Angeles is concerned, J and A are right on the money as far as how racial tensions between the Black and Asian communities were in the early 90's.

Go bust this out and you can relive it all over again...

i am not doubting that and have heard that same album manny a time. but how that applies to me is nil. i am neither a native of this town nor do i claim to be. i am not trying to downplay the korean-black relation but again, i am not korean and i am not black. and for all to know, the koreans hate me just as much as they hate blacks. you think they like japanese folks? well i can tell you they do not. and rightfully so.

but that's neither here nor there. i worked in the bay area. not exclusively black at all. im talking chinese, filipino, samoan, mexican, mien, viet, ukrainian, black, bosnian. didnt matter to me at all. i wasnt doing it to be down with a race, i was doing it for my own piece of mind with the shit going on around me. korean black jew or jap, i did something about it. i tried and now im tired. and part of the reason is it amounted to nothing. i still got folks telling me how shitty of a job i did. folks that probably havent done shit otherwise but bitch and moan on the innernet. if you feel that strong about it then get your hands dirty and do right. that is all im saying.

• MAN - you guys need to get a room & fuck

can we get a charity thing going to pay NOT to see this?

i told you all that gays and women find me irresistible and cant control themselves around me. its my manimal pheremones.

i told you all that gays and women find me irresistible and cant control themselves around me. its my man boobs.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    And Adam, are you White, are you Jewish, are you both? Is it the same thing?
    I honestly don't know.
    Didn't you make some big deal about differentiating the two way back when?

For the sake of peoples need to identify and pigeon hole me I've decided to let soulstrut folk go ahead and refer to me as white. I grew up being told I wasn't white and rather that I was semetic. I still beleive that and until Jewish/ Arab/ semetic people are on the same racial, social, and financial plane as the western European decendents here in America I will continue to believe so.

I don't talk about it as much anymore but the swastika I saw in the employee bathroom of my old job is still very fresh in my mind. I know my place in America

i told you all that gays and women find me irresistible and cant control themselves around me. its my man boobs.

um, in response to your pm, NO. i will not dress up like a dutch school boy and feather dust your nether regions. in other words, i dont do republicans.

• This is a PUBLIC forum, and you two pulling each other's hair out in the playground is[/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm sorry and I'll stop.

I just get upset when people misspeak and in thier misspeaking insult other cultures.

I'm also very easy to rile

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

oh brother. my boyfriends back.

well first off they werent minority children, they were minority ex-offender emancipated youth and teenage adults.

second, youre goddamn right and i'll do it again. what? should i have told them that if they put their minds to it they can accomplish anything in this country? fill em up with even more lies? i was truthful to my students, and as a "teacher/counselor" or what my card said "case manager", that is about as good as you can be. but you seem to know better what with your worldly experiences and all, you tell me how to run it.

this reminds me a lot of

anyone see that episode where he becomes a teacher? he encouraged his "dangerous minds" students to strive for menial jobs. it actually worked out pretty well, but that was a cartoon.

• and we share the same name.

look, instead of complaining about things i cant change and wont change, why dont you go out there and right all my wrongs for me. no beef. this is a challenge. as far as i can tell guzzo, you think i am the worst thing for minority youth. and so did i. which is why i am no longer doing it. you must have a better solution so i am seriously asking you to do it. drop that coffee you were about to spit in and i can get you an application through the juvenile court system to make a change as a youth advocate. im being totally serious. but your money where your mouth is. i am damaged goods but i can make it happen for you. that is if you arent all talk. i await your angry pm.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    look, instead of complaining about things i cant change and wont change, why dont you go out there and right all my wrongs for me. no beef. this is a challenge. as far as i can tell guzzo, you think i am the worst thing for minority youth. and so did i. which is why i am no longer doing it. you must have a better solution so i am seriously asking you to do it. drop that coffee you were about to spit in and i can get you an application through the juvenile court system to make a change as a youth advocate. im being totally serious. but your money where your mouth is. i am damaged goods but i can make it happen for you. that is if you arent all talk. i await your angry pm.

If I felt I was properly qualified to be out in the field I would do it. However I know me and I know where I can best serve from.

I also know the feeling fo hopelessness amongst youth going in and out of jail. I grew up with a group of neighborhood kids. We were large in number but still pretty close knit. Through my high school years some of them would go in and out of juvie. Asking one of my friends to go out and kick it was sometimes met with a "I can't I gotta see my parole officer" or "I gotta do my community service". Now I don't see any of those cats anymore. I'd run out of fingers if I counted the ones in jail.

These were people I grew up with, I always imagined that if I made it we would all make it. Truth is when I got back from college I was met with bitter ass rumors about why I left and a dwindling amount of people living amongst the housing communities... and a lot of the ones who were still around had thier mamas taking care of their new kids.

I didn't grow up with a lot of white folks, maybe thats why it was so easy to accept myself as semetic and not white. So you can say I did deal with a lot of minority youth and yes growing up and seeing the outcome of these peoples lives left me feeling pretty bitter but it hasn't made me beleive that there is no hope; I refuse to let the system season & break me.

You want an example of what is possible look at what were trying to do for Hurricane Katrina survivors, there is plenty of "minority youth" that will hopefully see some good come out of our efforts.

I'm not trying to attack you with this, but I really do feel like you drove more nails into the coffin of hopelessness that these kids were lying in. You can't expect to save kids, but you can hope that you open some of thier eyes and show them that there is promise in the world. You can expand their boundaries and let them know the world is more than their hometown, state, or country.

I'm sure you've seen me write this before, but I barely attended high school cause it was pathetic. On a good week I would go to school maybe 3 times. I saw my counselor once and he told me it would never be worth it for me to go to college. My father beleived the same thing. Whenever we talk he still thinks I'm completely "stupid" for going to school. I couldn't even apply for financial aid until last year because up until then I had to provide my parents tax info and they'd be damned if they were going to let me have it. So please don't ever think I'm not understanding of the feelings of hopelessness. I've lived it, and I'm still living through it.

I now caretake for the same man who insulted me for years for trying to accomplish something, he lives in the same neighborhood that I grew up in so I am surrounded by these memories of failures all the time. But it is because of this that I see reason to make it better for me out there. I got a little brother and he had the same shit happen to him...

...and next year he is transferring to Cal State Northridge.

Not trying to be too "from the ground up/ inspirational" but man all there is out there for some is hope and if you take it away you've left them with less than nothing.

-Adam

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    On a side note...

Here's one old rich white dude, doing it the way it should be done when you got money. And a Canadian no less... Who I believe is an economical conservative.

Dude has already flown a couple of hundred people out and putting them up with his own cash. And it's just the beginning. Is this getting any press anywhere?

I just saw a new clip talking about how they were giving his people flack when they were trying to bring people out.

Magna Relief

Earlier this week, Fortune magazine editor John Huey wrote a call to action editorial to American businesses and corporations telling them to put their vast resources to good use in this national emergency. On Monday, Toronto based automotive parts magnate Frank Stronach showed how it should be done.

Stronach is the founder and chairman of Magna International Inc. and Magna Entrainment Corporation. Displaced by WW2, Stronach arrived in Canada in his teens with $40 in his pocket. On the eve of his 73 rd birthday, he made a commitment that will eventually cost hundreds of millions of dollars to providing immediate housing to 260 refugees and is scouting the Baton Rouge area for 500 - 1000 acres of land on which to build a community to house thousands more.

Stronach had recently built a horse training and racing complex in Boca Raton, FL complete with over 200 apartments, cafeterias, communications centers and other necessary amenities. He plans to use this facility to provide immediate assistance to hundreds of displaced people.

In the long run he plans to build a community complete with schools, community centers and other pieces of public infrastructure and invites others to join the effort.

"We would like to build a small community where we would try to be sponsors for the next five to seven years," he said in an interview with the Toronto Star .

"We would hopefully be able to put in an infrastructure whereby you would create a new life for them, a life of hope, spirit, so that they will be self-supporting and not on welfare. That's the idea."

Stronach is also the father of Canadian MP Belinda Stronach. Calling on the services of former MP and cabinet minister David Mills, Stronach expects the planned community to be open to about 1000 displaced persons by November 1 st . Thousands more spaces will be made available over time.

http://news.stepforth.com/blog/2005/09/magna-relief.php

some more info

http://www.yorkregion.com/yr/newscentre/erabanner/story/3020910p-3502561c.html

Shit,, when looking for some info on this I've found other new stories of him trying to help people. Got a new found respect for the guy.

http://www.mykawartha.com/ka/news/home/story/3021482p-3503521c.html

• and to be quite honest the divide between latinos and blacks is becoming more apparent these days....

[color:white]SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ha ha! Get it? That was TRANSPARENT. Oh never mind...[/color]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    and to be quite honest the divide between latinos and blacks is becoming more apparent these days.... except at Disneyland[/b]

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    when you look around now, we might as well still be in cube #G02.

oh wait, thats really where I am.

remember, prime numbers....

• alright dude. look. you have basicallly criticized the work i have done without any working knowledge of what it takes. and that not only offends me, that hurts my feelings. busting my ass for something i believe in only to have someone that admittedly doesnt know anything about it yell at me for my actions. you make it out like i just sat around every day telling these kids that they aint gonna amount to shit. please find where i said that. this has got to stop.

my job was to get this particular group of kids to survive. and im not talking about some suburban kids on ga. im talking about kids that live off their grandma's bimonthly ssa check. kids who's mom's are so fucking cracked out the kids had to suck dick to pay for food. kids who got beat by their own step dads damn near every day. you know how many kids out in bayview hate me cuz i filed a report with cps? i was the rat. used to go to work early so i could hit capp st. at 530am to make sure my kids werent turning tricks. and when i did catch them it was as embarrassing for me as it was for them. went to court with kids to tell the judge, "your honor i can vouch for this kid" and then have the kid violate parole. again.

so yes, i told these kids that all that hippy garbage "put your mind to it and good things will come" was just crap. i told them that kind of talk was to keep you a slave. because there are people that will work their asses off and barely scrape by. this is the reality of our society. if youre a minority, with a record, your chances of making it above poverty is considerably less than kid across the freeway, not to mention your chances of staying out of jail. the system is set up this way for you to fail. i felt they needed to know that. instead of expecting that the government will protect them, and that good work will pay off.

you may think otherwise. and when i look at the thousands of folks in NO stranded, waiting for the gov to step in, that hurts me down deep. as fucked up as it is, those dudes looting and shooting their way out of NO are the only smart one's of the bunch. id like to think maybe that would be one of the kids in my group. i was never trying to discourage my group, although i can see how you would think so. i was trying to empower them with knowledge and survival skills. and hoping i would still see them the next day in class.

so go on with your happy go lucky rigamarole. things are wonderful and society works just keep at it until the day you die. but if you ask me that's some santa claus shit and eventually they will realize that i told them the truth about things.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    :

" he was so well spoken"

"Thats something you say about a retard that can talk"

Rock nailed it on the head!

not to get to over-liberal, but this comparrison makes you think about what the opinion on black people is by those that say things like "he speaks so well"

Hey Guzzo,

Speaking of your point, a research co-author of mine (also a Ph.D. holding brotha) was told "how well he spoke" at an opening luncheon of the annual conference of a (predominately White, mind you) national professional organization. Well hell, the brotha's a doctoral degree holding scholar. How would they expect him to speak? Like Buckweat or something? I was asked "where I was from" by some seemingly redneck parents after I gave a presentation about our major during the open house of our department (or school) this summer. I guess they were surprised that I could put a sentence together. Why would I be a professor if I couldn't?

It seems that some White folks (no offense to my White brethren) hold some really negative preconceptions about Blacks. Then again, people tend to perceive
    greater homogeneity among outgroup versus ingroup members (the old "those people are all the same" bias); however, Blacks have more cross-racial contact with Whites, than vice-versa (as recent study by Maria Krysan shows this to be the case, as have others). So, we have greater development of sub-types to describe Whites than vice-versa (although some Whites show this tendency too, those with less prejudicial racial attitudes). A general rule, though, is that ingroup variability is higher than between group variability, but most people unaware of this maxim. For instance, I am probably more similar to most of the people on this thread than most members of my race, as least social background-wise anyway. Feel me???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Don't know the whole situation so could be wrong here, but saying how "well he spoke" could just simply mean he delivered a good speech no? Which is a pretty standard compliment for well, a good speech.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    :

" he was so well spoken"

not to get to over-liberal, but this comparrison makes you think about what the opinion on black people is by those that say things like "he speaks so well"

Hey Guzzo,

Speaking of your point, a research co-author of mine (also a Ph.D. holding brotha) was told "how well he spoke" at an opening luncheon of the annual conference of a (predominately White, mind you) national professional organization. Well hell, the brotha's a doctoral degree holding scholar. How would they expect him to speak? Like Buckweat or something? I was asked "where I was from" by some seemingly redneck parents after I gave a presentation about our major during the open house of our department (or school) this summer. I guess they were surprised that I could put a sentence together. Why would I be a professor if I couldn't?

It seems that some White folks (no offense to my White brethren) hold some really negative preconceptions about Blacks. Then again, people tend to perceive
    greater homogeneity among outgroup versus ingroup members (the old "those people are all the same" bias); however, Blacks have more cross-racial contact with Whites, than vice-versa (as recent study by Maria Krysan shows this to be the case, as have others). So, we have greater development of sub-types to describe Whites than vice-versa (although some Whites show this tendency too, those with less prejudicial racial attitudes). A general rule, though, is that ingroup variability is higher than between group variability, but most people unaware of this maxim. For instance, I am probably more similar to most of the people on this thread than most members of my race, as least social background-wise anyway. Feel me???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Don't know the whole situation so could be wrong here, but saying how "well he spoke" could just simply mean he delivered a good speech no? Which is a pretty standard compliment for well, a good speech.

It doesn't sound like that when said in that patronizing, whiny type voice you use with children, does it? It's kind of like when your 2nd grader comes home with a water-color picture from art class, and you say how nice it looks. with a doctoral degree holder. Condescending.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

:

" he was so well spoken"

Hey Guzzo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It doesn't sound like that when said in that patronizing, whiny type voice you use with children, does it? It's kind of like when your 2nd grader comes home with a water-color picture from art class, and you say how nice it looks. with a doctoral degree holder. Condescending.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Point taken

• now i realize there are various factors to both of these events that did and will contribute to the outcome. media being one of them. political angling being another. and im sure there are more. i am asking, who in that community can/will take initiative, like a b*mbouche? who is savvy enough to navigate the community through the language and codes of media and politics? is there such a person? and will the community stand up and back that person? sure, it is helpful that other ethnicities support this endeavor, but let's be honest. aint no chinaman gonna be speaking to the african-american population and inspiring them to do something about their situation.
    it seems like leaders who push for social equality (MLK, JFK...) are killed before they can see it for themselves! current figureheads (say jesse jackson, al sharpton) have views that aren't taken seriously by everyone, so their importance is trivialized, and not a threat to the power structure. i think it will take time, maybe more wake-up calls like Katrina, before we see REAL change.

• On a side note...

Here's one old rich white dude, doing it the way it should be done when you got money. And a Canadian no less... Who I believe is an economical conservative.

Dude has already flown a couple of hundred people out and putting them up with his own cash. And it's just the beginning. Is this getting any press anywhere?

I just saw a new clip talking about how they were giving his people flack when they were trying to bring people out.

Magna Relief

Earlier this week, Fortune magazine editor John Huey wrote a call to action editorial to American businesses and corporations telling them to put their vast resources to good use in this national emergency. On Monday, Toronto based automotive parts magnate Frank Stronach showed how it should be done.

Stronach is the founder and chairman of Magna International Inc. and Magna Entrainment Corporation. Displaced by WW2, Stronach arrived in Canada in his teens with $40 in his pocket. On the eve of his 73 rd birthday, he made a commitment that will eventually cost hundreds of millions of dollars to providing immediate housing to 260 refugees and is scouting the Baton Rouge area for 500 - 1000 acres of land on which to build a community to house thousands more.

Stronach had recently built a horse training and racing complex in Boca Raton, FL complete with over 200 apartments, cafeterias, communications centers and other necessary amenities. He plans to use this facility to provide immediate assistance to hundreds of displaced people.

In the long run he plans to build a community complete with schools, community centers and other pieces of public infrastructure and invites others to join the effort.

"We would like to build a small community where we would try to be sponsors for the next five to seven years," he said in an interview with the Toronto Star .

"We would hopefully be able to put in an infrastructure whereby you would create a new life for them, a life of hope, spirit, so that they will be self-supporting and not on welfare. That's the idea."

Stronach is also the father of Canadian MP Belinda Stronach. Calling on the services of former MP and cabinet minister David Mills, Stronach expects the planned community to be open to about 1000 displaced persons by November 1 st . Thousands more spaces will be made available over time.

http://news.stepforth.com/blog/2005/09/magna-relief.php

some more info

http://www.yorkregion.com/yr/newscentre/erabanner/story/3020910p-3502561c.html

Shit,, when looking for some info on this I've found other new stories of him trying to help people. Got a new found respect for the guy.

http://www.mykawartha.com/ka/news/home/story/3021482p-3503521c.html

Thanks for posting this up. I sat through all the poo in this thread to get to this little nugget of goodness. I hadn't heard of this guy yet. Stories like this are the only things that keep me sane these days.

I was doing sound for a Little League World Series homecoming parade this morning up in the town of Vista. When we were getting set up and the DJ was getting his music together, a guy came up and asked "You're not gonna play any rap music are you? Because those rappers have been saying some bad things about America."

I guess I'm not totally surprised that sopmeone would think that, I was surprised he would come up and actually verbalize his thoughts to someone, hoping we would agree with him or something.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I was doing sound for a Little League World Series homecoming parade this morning up in the town of Vista. When we were getting set up and the DJ was getting his music together, a guy came up and asked "You're not gonna play any rap music are you? Because those rappers have been saying some bad things about America."

I guess I'm not totally surprised that sopmeone would think that, I was surprised he would come up and actually verbalize his thoughts to someone, hoping we would agree with him or something.

Jesus Christ.

I'm already angry, but this shit just makes me want to slap someone in the face.

How fucking STUPID do you have to be to make blanket statements and judgements of people?

"Hey...uh...this one 'rap guy' said something I don't agree with, so therefore all of them think that way".

FUCK I AM ANGRY OVER ALL OF THIS.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

How fucking STUPID do you have to be to make blanket statements and judgements of people?

"Hey...uh...this one 'rap guy' said something I don't agree with, so therefore all of them think that way".

FUCK I AM ANGRY OVER ALL OF THIS.

secret white-to-white talk got me shook the last few days as well.

I mean why charge an individual with the credit for his own words when you can condemn an entire group instead?