What white people say about Kanye now

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
right from a conversation in the cafeteria here:"I thought he was one of those 'white' black guys, he was so well spoken""yeah, now I cant take him seriously, that was the wrong forum for that arguemtn, now noone will take him seriously."that is almost a direct quote. I pieced it together, but that is pretty much it. So, what are the whiteys saying?

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    you're always in the midst of some DRAMA!
    can't speak on this topic, but they played "Through the Wire" on the radio today and i was blastin that shit. eventhough the lyrics made me vomit. ...i mean, he can't sing, you know.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    hahahahahahahaha!!!!

• I'm white and I'm saying "WOW" about that first quote. I think people like my dad are calling him a "dumb n*gg*r"

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    you're always in the midst of some DRAMA!

dude, i work in a setting that is 99% white republicans.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    right from a conversation in the cafeteria here:

"I thought he was one of those 'white' black guys, he was so well spoken"

"yeah, now I cant take him seriously, that was the wrong forum for that arguemtn, now noone will take him seriously."

that is almost a direct quote. I pieced it together, but that is pretty much it.

So, what are the whiteys saying?

I just closed my eyes and shook my head.

Man.

we

have

so

far

to

go

• 'white' black guys, he was so well spoken"

"yeah, now I cant take him seriously, that was the wrong forum for that arguemtn, now noone will take him seriously."

wow.

'white' black guys, he was so well spoken"

wow.

Did people not expect this type of talk from regular white folks. I mean, I heard it and thought, "Yeah, that sounds about right". Like I knew that most would think this way. Especially in todays climate of "standing behind our president"

Has anyone heard anything different?

Im tellin ya, I wasnt going to cop dudes album, but I sure as hell am gonna now.

• right from a conversation in the cafeteria here:

"I thought he was one of those 'white' black guys, he was so well spoken"

that is almost a direct quote. I pieced it together, but that is pretty much it.

I can guarantee you they heard this shit...

"yeah, now I cant take him seriously, that was the wrong forum for that arguemtn, now noone will take him seriously."[/b]

...on Fox News. It sounds like standard O'Reilly BS

What it really means is...

I can't believe a black guy dared to question the divine status of our mighty leader. I never took him seriously, but now I'm going to make sure no one else does either...[/b]

FUCKERS[/b]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Well as a so called "Whitey" here are my thoughts...

I kinda wished he would have said "Bush does not care about poor people"
    But then, no one would have probably even taken notice.

Also, maybe it would have been better for someone other than an entertainer to make this statement. But then again, probably no one would have taken notice...

In the end, it was said... Kanye said what was on his mind (And many others) and it got people talking. Whether anyone was truly[/b] listening will remain to be seen.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    :

" he was so well spoken"

"Thats something you say about a retard that can talk"

Rock nailed it on the head!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    :

" he was so well spoken"

"Thats something you say about a retard that can talk"

Rock nailed it on the head!

not to get to over-liberal, but this comparrison makes you think about what the opinion on black people is by those that say things like "he speaks so well"

• Me and my white friends are buying his album. And his other one and that his bootlegs...

• he's down here in LA for some thing or the other. he gave another press conference but made it clear that he was not allowed to utter the words "new orleans" and kept saying "im going to that place" and "i think you know what place im talking about but im not allowed to say it".

in either case he did not retract his statement which i think is honorable.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    makes you think about what the opinion on black people is by those that say things like "he speaks so well"

i'd rather someone call me a 'dumb nigger' than say i'm 'well spoken'.....saying a black person is 'well spoken' is an attack on the entire race

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    he was not allowed to utter the words "new orleans" and kept saying "im going to that place" and "i think you know what place im talking about but im not allowed to say it".

not allowed according to whom?

i guess he doesn't want to get dropped from the record company and all that.

not counting M Moore and Celine Dion (she was INTENSE!), he was the only one to step up, i know - but what bullshit that is - not being "allowed" to say things.

more honorable would be him saying fuck you and talking about whatever the hell he wants to, be it NO or how he likes his eggs.

he was not allowed to utter the words "new orleans" and kept saying "im going to that place" and "i think you know what place im talking about but im not allowed to say it".

probably Pepsi and Gap

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    makes you think about what the opinion on black people is by those that say things like "he speaks so well"

i'd rather someone call me a 'dumb nigger' than say i'm 'well spoken'.....saying a black person is 'well spoken' is an attack on the entire race

Well spoken, Ed!

Well spoken, Ed!

LOL!!!!!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Well spoken, Ed!

LOL!!!!!!!!

Man that's my first fucking laugh all day

i guess he doesn't want to get dropped from the record company and all that.

not counting M Moore and Celine Dion (she was INTENSE!), he was the only one to step up, i know - but what bullshit that is - not being "allowed" to say things.

more honorable would be him saying fuck you and talking about whatever the hell he wants to, be it NO or how he likes his eggs.

It's this kind of scenario that makes you long for the days of Ali's heyday! Nothing could shut him up! No injunction was ever big or scary enough, no liability to large for him to skate across it with his words. The mainstream couldn't even BEGIN to accept a Muhammed Ali speaking truth to power in this day and age.

He has mouths to feed.

He has mouths to feed.

So did Ali, so did Jesse in his day, so did a lot of folks who put a lot on the line for all of us. I have no problem with Kanye being cautious now, but where is the support from his label? Where is the support from all these liberals in the entertainment industry? Is no one making statements? Is there no media willing to do stories on folks rallying to support Kanye, 'important' people? Or is the support not there?

I saw a report about Kanye doing some half-time show, and they asked that Good Charlotte dude about Kanye's statements, and he was positive about Kanye, but in a real milquetoast, 'don't scare the horses'-kinda way. Man, real punks(even Green Day dudes) would be like 'dude, he didn't tell you the half! George Bush hates Black AND White people!"

He has mouths to feed.

John Legend ?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    from fark.com

"Kanye should go back to Kenya![/b]"

- spidey

• dayday 9,611 Posts

He has mouths to feed.

Who? His weed carriers, Common and John Legend??

• dayday 9,611 Posts

He has mouths to feed.

John Legend ?

that's #2

i'm staying in this thread

no i'm not - i'm gonna make a mix

adios

• So, what are the whiteys saying?

Whitey? Hmmmmm....

His purse[/b] carriers, Common and John Legend

...where is the support from his label? Where is the support from all these liberals in the entertainment industry? Is no one making statements? Is there no media willing to do stories on folks rallying to support Kanye, 'important' people? Or is the support not there?
    I'm guessing those other folks have mouths to feed also.

Whitey? Hmmmmm....

why?