President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• I think the biggest differences that don't equate with 2008 here is that 1) Romney is a bad candidate, and an awful campaigner, and 2) people tend to vote for who they think is "likable," and whether they'll vote for him or not, people like Obama more.

• After today's antics by candidate Romney and his campaign in relation to the attacks on our embassies and consulates in Egypt and Libya has sealed his fate. The title of this thread now sounds like the ongoing bit on the Daily Show where President Herman Cain addresses issues facing America...

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    Inside the Political Curtain with John Oliver - Herman Cain
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Romney is a perfect example of a candidate that will do absolutely anything to get elected. He stands for nothing but obtaining power. He's reversed on many of his original issues. His father created a moderate wing of the Republican Party to fight the growing conservatives. All that being said he is in a dead heat with Obama. People are willing to overlook all of those massive problems because they are unhappy with the economy and/or don't like Obama. Do not underestimate that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    The polls that I like are averaging a 4+ point lead for Obama. Gallup has him up by 7.

That's not a dead heat. It's a dead challenger. Which explains his desperate and demented press conference yesterday.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday, September 13th shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 46% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

This is the first time in a week that Romney has held even a single-point advantage."

• Thymebomb13 said:
    motown67 said:
    Romney is a perfect example of a candidate that will do absolutely anything to get elected. He stands for nothing but obtaining power. He's reversed on many of his original issues. His father created a moderate wing of the Republican Party to fight the growing conservatives. All that being said he is in a dead heat with Obama.

The polls are averaging a 4+ point lead for Obama. Gallup has him up by 7.

That's not a dead heat. It's a dead challenger. Which explains his desperate and demented press conference yesterday.

Aloha friends,
    I have a question for you and it is related to candidate's policies on health care.

How many times have you had to visit the hospital in the past year?

Thank you,
    GatorToof

• Rockadelic said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    The polls that I like are averaging a 4+ point lead for Obama. Gallup has him up by 7.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday, September 13th shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 46% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

This is the first time in a week that Romney has held even a single-point advantage."

That poll seems to not really agree with anything else, this dude is good about actually doing math and using lot's of sources;

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/sept-12-polls-since-conventions-point-to-decline-in-enthusiasm-gap/?ref=politics

• GatorToof said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    motown67 said:
    Romney is a perfect example of a candidate that will do absolutely anything to get elected. He stands for nothing but obtaining power. He's reversed on many of his original issues. His father created a moderate wing of the Republican Party to fight the growing conservatives. All that being said he is in a dead heat with Obama.

Aloha friends,
    I have a question for you and it is related to candidate's policies on health care.

Thank you,
    GatorToof

you talking emergency room only or what? I've been twice I think but for surgery prep an shit like that no eroom

• GatorToof said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    motown67 said:

Aloha friends,

Thank you,
    GatorToof

You joined Soul Strut just to talk politics?

• Rich, Rasmussen admittedly leans Republican; they were consistently wrong last election.

If they have Romney up by one, it's safe to say that Obama will win by at the very least 2-3%.

Not that it matters. GW Bush lost the popular vote in 2004.

• Rockadelic said:
    Thymebomb13 said:

The Rasmussen Report is notoriously biased towards Republicans:
    "Polls branded as Rasmussen Reports missed by an average of 5.9 points and had a 3.9 point bias. The polls it commissioned on behalf of Fox News had a 5.1 point error, and a 3.6 point bias." source:
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/rasmussen-polls-were-biased-and-inaccurate-quinnipiac-surveyusa-performed-strongly/

• I am talking about trips to doctor.

I haven't had to go at all and I think that is pretty good for a person my age.

• GatorToof said:
    I am talking about trips to doctor.

I haven't had to go at all and I think that is pretty go for a person my age.

No, you asked about it specifically in terms of the candidate's positions - that's politics.

Congrats on your good health, but since we don't know how old you are (or anything else about you), it's hard to have a reaction.

Last CNN poll had them dead even

Washington Post / ABC News has it 1% difference.

It's close.....with over a month to go....I say it's up in the air and am predicting a Romney victory...if you think it's over and done with with Obama winning that's cool too.

All of this is speculation until November.

Horseleech said:
    GatorToof said:

No, you asked about it specifically in terms of the candidate's positions - that's politics.

Congrats on your good health, but since we don't know how old you are (or anything else about you), it's hard to have a reaction.

He did say Aloha

• Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    GatorToof said:

He did say Aloha

Ah, so he's Hawaiian?

Maybe he can settle this birth certificate nonsense.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    might as well announce open ended QE two months before the election AM I RITE

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    upgraded economic outlook while we're making it rain with printed money
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• I've been wasting time on Instagram checking out photos people tag with #Romney2012 or #NoBama.
    I figured I'd get a glimpse into the world of your average, real-deal Romney supporters.
    Straight out the gate, what I saw was disgusting, blatant racism, a total disregard for any actual facts, comparisons to Hitler, and the same played out storylines of Obama being a "communist", "muslim" and "anti-American".
    This latest dust-up with Romney weighing in on what happened in Libya may seem like a giant screw-up to anyone who "follows" politics or "reads articles" or is anyway "informed" by anything, but it means nothing to Joe-Romney-Supporter out in the real world. If anything, it has rallied them! They post photos saying "I Will never apologize for being American" and "Obama needs to shut up".
    I don't get the feeling these people really care what Romney does or says. They just hate Obama and will stand behind whoever the person may be running against him.

• why would anyone visit this site strictly to argue politics? there are entire websites, etc. where a person can spout-off ad nauseaum about how smart he or she beleives himself or herself to be and how evil any one who may have difference of beleif or opinion is stupid/evil/duped.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    I've been wasting time on Instagram checking out photos people tag with #Romney2012 or #NoBama.
    think about why this might give you a slightly skewed view of average republican voter and get back to me

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    why would anyone visit this site strictly to argue politics? there are entire websites, etc. where a person can spout-off ad nauseaum about how smart he or she beleives himself to be and how evil any one who may have difference of beleif or opinion is stupid/evil/duped.
    not if you've been banned from all of them

• PatrickCrazy said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    I've been wasting time on Instagram checking out photos people tag with #Romney2012 or #NoBama.
    think about why this might give you a slightly skewed view of average republican voter and get back to me

Tell me where I can go to get an accurate view of the average republican voter.
    I'm seriously trying to gain insight

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    blindly trust one poll source
    disparage any other one that disagrees with my viewpoint
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This all comes down to Ohio no?

No matter what happens. The fact that Republicans need to make it tough for people to vote and also to change voting district boundaries should speak volumes.

When is the first debate?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    motown67 said:

That's the bump from the convention. Before it was almost even and eventually it will go back to that. Plus polls do not record how presidents are actually elected, which is by the states and the Electoral College.

• DOR said:

No matter what happens. The fact that Republicans need to make it tough for people to vote and also to change voting district boundaries should speak volumes.

The first debate is Oct. 3. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think the debates are going to change anyone's mind (unless someone totally blows it). How many people are still undecided? 3%?

The voting restriction stuff is TOTAL BS. The worst kind of crime against Democracy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If you have to rely on the internet to know what a Republican is like...stick yo'self.

Seriously, the only people you know are all Democrats?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DOR said:

both parties actively attempt to shape boundaries to suit their needs through redistricting

• HarveyCanal said:
    If you have to rely on the internet to know what a Republican is like...stick yo'self.

Dude. I live in LA. Go stick yo own self!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Dude. I live in LA. Go stick yo own self!

Yeah, there are no Republicans in LA.