President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• Jonny_Paycheck said:

If that is the case, why are so many companies making *more* expensive products to lure customers.... organic locally sourced handmade etc etc etc $4.95/lb instead of $1.99/lb for the regular stuff.

For the customers that want to buy at $4.95/lb. There nothing wrong with both, and having the options is good. Take Cadillac and Honda for example. Cadillac makes a dollar a day by selling one car. Honda makes a dollar a day by selling four cars.

• that does not support your point bro

• The point is that Romney is demonstrating an understanding of how average people live their lives by promising to reduce taxes for middle income America.

The way I understand this is along the lines of what Bon Vivant said...keep commodity prices low and offer an incentive for business and employees to be more competitive with overseas markets.

• GatorToof said:
    by promising to reduce taxes for middle income America.

can you explain how Romney will accomplish this? Because he sure can't.

Also, please introduce yourself to the site before trolling political threads.

okthxbai

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    The reason you understand it that way is that you don't understand it at all. Commodities prices are not determined by income tax levels. If they were(for example), prices would have gone down across the board when the last round of tax cuts hit. That didn't happen.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Bon Vivant said:

As to your farmer analogy, why would the farmer lower prices on his crop when people will still pay the same price? Because he's a nice farmer? I don't think so. He, like most people, would keep the extra money.

Because if he doesn't then the farmer down right up the alley will.

China does that all the time..."low balling."

What does China have to do with the amount of taxes a farmer in America pays? Besides, with the massive amount of federal subsidies already afforded the farmer, China can't low ball him. Buy any Chinese bananas or oranges lately?

• I only buy Brazilian guitar fuzz bananas.

• I saw grapes in the store from chile and just mentioned China as a place where people will work for less than what they will work for here.

Can I have a minute?

• from now on I'm going by "YUNG CAVENDISH"

• Fred_Garvin said:
    The reason you understand it that way is that you don't understand it at all. Commodities prices are not determined by income tax levels. If they were(for example), prices would have gone down across the board when the last round of tax cuts hit. That didn't happen.

I am not saying that commodities prices are determined by income tax.

I am struggling here with my point. Regardless, I am trying to connect one thing to another because everything is connected (any chemist will agree). Tax reductions do result in spending increases. How much? It is hard to measure. Is the money spent at average people's businesses? Sometimes.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    I am struggling here with my point. Regardless, I am trying to connect one thing to another because everything is connected (any chemist will agree). Tax reductions do result in spending increases. How much? It is hard to measure. Is the money spent at average people's businesses? Sometimes.

Welcome to the board, Mitt.

GatorToof said:
    The point is that Romney is demonstrating an understanding of how average people live their lives by promising to reduce taxes for middle income America.

The way I understand this is along the lines of what Bon Vivant said...keep commodity prices low and offer an incentive for business and employees to be more competitive with overseas markets.

That isn't what I said, though. I expressly said lowering income tax rates has not, and likely will not, incentivize job creation.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I only buy Brazilian guitar fuzz bananas.

You're getting lowballed.

GatorToof said:
    I am not saying that commodities prices are determined by income tax.

Fair enough, but re-read your earlier posts... you may not have said it outright, but you certainly implied it, intentional or not.

I think I get your intent, but if you really want to make said connection, you might try researching documented examples of the supposed phenomena you describe, and using them in a way that illustrates your point. Vague conjecture won't do that very well.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I only buy Brazilian guitar fuzz bananas.

Awesome.

• 99% of all votes cast for Romney will just be "hes not Obama" votes . The other 1% will be from all the obscenely rich people who know that their taxes will go down with him in office. No one can claim they are voting for Romney because they like his policies and plans (besides the obscenely rich) because no one knows what they are because he refuses to tell us what they are. If he tell us, he risks a good hunk of that aforementioned 99% because his plans would hurt them/us.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    99% of all votes cast for Romney will just be "hes not Obama" votes . The other 1% will be from all the obscenely rich people who know that their taxes will go down with him in office. No one can claim they are voting for Romney because they like his policies and plans (besides the obscenely rich) because no one knows what they are because he refuses to tell us what they are. If he tell us, he risks a good hunk of that aforementioned 99% because his plans would hurt them/us.
    cool story bro

• How many policies has Romney flip-flopped on ?

Where's the credibility?

• Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    How many policies has Romney flip-flopped on ?

Where's the credibility?

Freedom

• GatorToof said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    How many policies has Romney flip-flopped on ?

Where's the credibility?

Freedom

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    So.... Patrick Crazy is Hawaiian Brian?

::Johnny Carson::

And anyone voting Mitt deserved everything they get.
    Take that whichever way you want.

• skel said:

Take that whichever way you want.

What a liver do.

I do know what my opinion will be of the 45-55% of voters who cast theirs in his direction, and can confidently project that opinion onto *most* of the ROTW's interested onlookers.

Only the more insular merimen and meriwomen will remain sanguine about that.

• skel said:

Only the more insular merimen and meriwomen will remain sanguine about that.

Archipelagos will too.

Waxi likes these one-liner off-cuts from the Frasier writing room floor.

Thought of moving over there?

• TheKindCromang said:

Whoops... looks like Romney just lost the election!

• No longer content simply putting his foot in his mouth or shooting himself in the foot, today Mitt Romney was heard repeatedly shooting the foot in his mouth. That's not likely to work out too well for him.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Hear that Americans. Roughly 150 million of you are slackers who want government handouts. You no tax paying assholes.