Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Happiness has nothing to do with it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

neil_something said:

Ha... Took me a second

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Thank God for people like Bassie. Here and everywhere else..

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My heart goes out to that Dad.....brave man.

Wow - England really hates its children. Not even the mindless destruction and looting in Vancouver after a hockey loss did people speak like this about other human beings. The picture is becoming more clear; the reasons and depth for such outpouring of anger.

This concern with truth and manufacture - to accomplish what? It is hardly universal and steadfast.

Quite a damning resume

b/w

I would never assume to know what the dynamic culture is like in the UK beyond Benny Hill and Football from my Yankee vantage point.

bassie said:
    Wow - England really hates its children.

Because children who are loved and raised properly wouldn't be committing these crimes?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    We need another World War, with a draft. Give those kids something to do.

Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:
    Wow - England really hates its children.

Because children who are loved and raised properly wouldn't be committing these crimes?

Ouch! You really got me that one! Caught me out on a point I wasn't even making!

My favorite parts

"This has ultimately been sanctioned by Parliament, which refuses to accept, for instance, that children are more likely to prosper with two parents than with one"

"How do you inculcate values in a child whose only role model is footballer Wayne Rooney ??? a man who is bereft of the most meagre human graces?"

"Rather, they are victims of a perverted social ethos, which elevates personal freedom to an absolute, and denies the underclass the discipline ??? tough love"

Bootstraps... Get off my lawn...

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    "These people have no morality, they sponge off the taxpayer,
    they are thieves, have little respect for the law or society, they steal,
    loot, run riot through the city, have no concern for other people.

And now they've come home from holiday to sort the riots out"

Made me laugh, but for real at the same time!

http://nathanieltapley.com/2011/08/10/an-open-letter-to-david-camerons-parents/

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    What the hell is a "Yob". I thought it was a typo at first.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    oops repost

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Yob or Yobbo : Somone bent on getting drunk/destroying/stealng/fighting, or all of the above, at the same time. There is an element of yobbery at some of our football (soccerball) matches in certain places, but this mentality has spread to bored parentless kids in our cities looking for kicks (literally) at night.

I don't know what you call them in the US. Do you even have them?

Speaking of Hazel Blears, she was on Sky News earlier;

"People need to ask, why are they not at school?"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Who needs to ask this Hazel? You? Every f*cker else knows why.

So shamefully out of touch, they can't come up with any solutions when they cannot see the problem.

• Thought zoe williams hit the nail on the head with this article (edit: oops bassie already posted it just realised)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/09/uk-riots-psychology-of-looting

"Mr Speaker, everyone watching these horrific actions will be stuck by how they were organised via social media. Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill.
    "So we are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality. I have also asked the police if they need any other new powers."

Isn't Cameron going through a bit of a deal with hacking and snooping on people with police and the media?

Seems like he really isn't taking any of it to heart.

Kicking them out would only seem to add on to any anger or resentment that's there already IMO.

But sure. Kick them out.

I'd like a little cracking down on everyone.

Like TDLT02 posted before

http://nathanieltapley.com/2011/08/10/an-open-letter-to-david-camerons-parents/#

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    What's wrong with Australia?

SportCasual said:
    What's wrong with Australia?

Their toilets flush backwards.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    They have flushing toilets? OK, how about Juarez Mexico? That'll learn em.

My boy Joe Muggs (who a few of you may know) just posted this as his FB update;

"OK I said this flippantly earlier, but actually... isn't this the time to nail Cameron on the drugs question? He NEEDS to address his and his circle's alleged cocaine use and be grilled on the effect of middle- and upper-class coke use on fuelling gang culture and criminality in the inner cities. How many people up in court tonight look at the TV, see the mealy-mouthed responses in Parliament, and go, "I sell coke to people like that"?"

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    at least your politicians don't have a Koch problem like ours in the states. teabaggers and republicans are getting hooked left and right.

A bit of good news. An 89-year-old barber, Aaron Biber, had his shop trashed during the first riot on Saturday. He wasn't insured, and had no way of paying for the necessary repairs. Three interns at an ad agency read his story and set up a webpage to raise some money and help him get back into business. When I first saw the link on Tuesday, it had raised just under ??200. Look at it now.