NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i smell an avatar bet coming....

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    I'll put it at 4:1, fckvwls can't resist those odds.

id also like to put a sawbuck on that he won't resist posting in this thread until the season is over...... which he had already threatened about 4 pages ago.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    "Hey I won a thousand dollars and then I flew away on a unicorn.........and then me and Kobe had dinner together."

^^^Funny Post^^^

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i want marion/kidd/dirk/JET to get a ring
    and miami to be ever so slightly humbled (they still got time)
    i like the interior defense angle giving the mavs an edge but the big 3 could simply beast
    both teams are highly motivated and their stars will have huge games
    i think this falls on how wade and bosh perform
    wade using his finals experience distributing better and getting peeps in foul trouble
    bosh not pussying out mentally and getting boards/changing shots

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wonder who on Miami is going guard Dirk. Bosh probably has the assignment but i bet youll see LeBron on him at times.

From Hoopshype:

"Pau Gasol could not guard Nowitzki. Ron Artest could not guard Nowitzki. Lamar Odom could not guard Nowitzki. Gerald Wallace could not guard Nowitzki. Lamarcus Aldridge could not guard Nowitzki."

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    And who guards lebron??? Wade has been inconsistent against bulls but look to him exploit dallas weak dribble penetration defense that okc had a field day on.

This is an objective argument, so before u (gene and batmon) go on decrying that i am sore and bitter relax. My lakers woulda got crushed by miami, and thats a simple fact. True laker fans saw the writing on the wall. We have no answer for lbj, and never have. I was at both christmas games where he came in and rapes us. He just never had the fortune of getting into finals against us. Still dont understand mike brown hire, nor do i understand perkins trade, but i digress.

How dallas wins: dirk, barea + jt terry + bench, clogging up paint and forcing mia into jump shots and pray they dont fall in, abusing miami interior (joel anthony), play much better defense than okc or its a wrap.

How miami wins: DEFENSE, lbj + the other 1.5, if miamis bench can play the same way they did in game 4 against chi, dribble penetration all day and no settling for jump shops.

The way i see it, dirk has to play flawless, the bench has to cont, and the def has to step up many notches. These are a lot to ask a team to do, especially now that they will see a true def team. This and other reasons is why vegas who is impartial to anyone or anything but money, has miami as frontrunners.

As for avatar bets fuck that, ill put my record collection up against anyone of you dallas cheerleader fans. As for the unicorn, you can ride him to visit kobe and tell him how much he sucks gene, and if you lose said unicorn gets to impale you.

Im glad your talkin basketball. hang out and cool out.

Miami against Chicago has only had to really worry about a young Rose.
    Boozer hasnt done shit.

Dallas had to defend Durant, let Westbrook implode, and watch Scott Brooks squander Harden's game.

Dallas had to play catchup against OKC in the last two game and gave up too many points earlier in the series.

In the end i still will go with the team with a consistent low post threat.

LeBron is going to score but it wont be any different than Durant's perimeter/penetrate scoring.
    Bosh isnt going to play in the paint against Haywood,Chandler, and Dirk. He can score anywhere but really dont see him drawing the defense on the inside consistently.

Dallas has proven they can handle a perimeter/slashing team. Miami hasnt shown me that they can produce down low.

Wade/LeBron will not make the same mistakes as the OKC duo.

This is going to be a serious chess match. Miami is more 'athletic' and can take it there defensively.

Yah i think the sting of being swept is kinda wearing away. However mike browns hiring is def opening new wounds. Im fairly certain the way our organization is headed, this yr may be a sign of things to expect in the future, *sigh*. Lakers, spurs, celtics dynasties done for the forseeable future.

fckvwls said:
    Yah i think the sting of being swept is kinda wearing away. However mike browns hiring is def opening new wounds. Im fairly certain the way our organization is headed, this yr may be a sign of things to expect in the future, *sigh*. Lakers, spurs, celtics dynasties done for the forseeable future.

That Lakers team isnt going back to the Finals so I dont see why they should even spend the money on some celebrity coach when your gonna be rebuilding in the first place.

I never liked his offense on fuckin bit. He has ZERO creativity on the O side.
    That Cavaliers O was like watching paint dry.

Miami cannot produce downlow and they havent faced any real serious low post threats (shaq injured, and boozer and noah are god awful offensively). That is for sure. Chandler and dirk dastardly should be owning mia in this respect for sure.

But how do they stop their sieve like def which allows even players like the beard to exploit the dribble penetration? Those easy baskets and free throws are gonna kill dallas. Lets not forget when wade was given, gifted 46 free throws in game 5-6 against dallas in the past finals. I believe he had like 40-50 more free throws by himself vs dallas.

Whos bench outplays each other? Right now on paper dallas bench>>>>> mia bench. However haslem has stepped up big w the rebounding, and can miller and chalmers strt making baskets? This one is tough to call. Also not sure barea and terry will be effective against an athletic miami team. No more wide open treys for peja and crew.

As for coaching, carlisle >>>> spoelestra. Any former players automatically trump former video playback experts who still consult w riles on every major decision. However at this stage in the game its more on the superstars than the coaches.

Looking at the bulls mia series, you can see how much def alters a teams offensive makeup. Rose has been shooting god awful cause theyre taking away a lot of his dribble penetration and forcing him to shoot bad jumpers that he statistically wont make. Dallas has to do this to mia, but they dont have the athleticism to do it.

I dunno bout you guys, but it will be amazing to see lbj and dirk going at each other at those rare critical moments when the game is on the line.

Yah mr potato head is an awful offensive coach for damn sure. This current team wont be doing shit till we address our point guard situation. Fischer w blake as a backup???? Thats just not gonna work EVER. If we do chuck away bynum and lamar not sure how we are gonna remain relevant even w superman. Our bench is also atrocious, and i think shannon brown is as dumb as westbrook. All that athleticism and zero bball iq. Yah not looking good in lakerland...

Sayin though.......Dallas still beat OKC despite the dribble penetration.

Mike Miller and Haslem healthy is a big deal.

If i was Howard i would steer clear of LA. If he gets there Kobe is still on his way out or becoming a 30+ moved to SF turn around jump shooter.
    And Gasol cant play with a dominant Center. He needs to be the second option to be effective.
    Its a wrap until you get an upcoming backcourt player.

Agreed. Who is a viable and available backcourt player though? Do we somehow swoop cp3? Derron williams jetted to nj, but i doubt he wants to waste his talents there. This backcourt has been an issue for a long time wrt to la, and it finally blew up in their faces.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone caught that Brown interview before the game last night, but doesn't it say something that the guy is addressing national tv as the lakers new coach but had yet to have a conversation with kobe??!!??

Magic Johnson asked him if they spoke and he said "we exchanged texts"

So much for the theory that Kobe has sway in the front office.

fckvwls said:
    Agreed. Who is a viable and available backcourt player though? Do we somehow swoop cp3? Derron williams jetted to nj, but i doubt he wants to waste his talents there. This backcourt has been an issue for a long time wrt to la, and it finally blew up in their faces.

Would an elite PG put you in contention?

Now that the Triangle wont get used no mo', I'd say reach for a PG that can run the team and score, yet be the future when Kobe is really old.

I hear Brandon Jennings is available with right trade.
    Devon Harris isnt stayin with Utah.
    Barbosa,TJ Ford, Ronnie Price, Earl Watson.......Jerryd Bayless.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mike Brown isn't a great coach but he's the perfect coach for the lakers...He's a better version of coach Thib..he's perfect for a veteran team with a bad defense...the last thing the lakers need is another old coaching staff

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    batmon said:
    fckvwls said:

Now that the Triangle wont get used no mo', I'd say reach for a PG that can run the team and score, yet be the future when Kobe is really old.

Jennings is more of a scorer. Devon Harris might have potential, but again, his first couple years he was all offense and no running the offense. Barbosa, not a point guard. Ford, Watson are back-ups these days.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ramon Sessions - quick,good defender,can hit an open shot,can get to the basket,affordable,easy trade.

• Options
    motown67 said:
    batmon said:
    fckvwls said:

Jennings is more of a scorer. Devon Harris might have potential, but again, his first couple years he was all offense and no running the offense. Barbosa, not a point guard. Ford, Watson are back-ups these days.

Delonte West might be better than any of those guys.

I think i would take jennings over delonte. Dude is a headcase and if i remember correctly got into some shit w some celtic teammates. Sessions is decent as well.

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    I think i would take jennings over delonte. Dude is a headcase and if i remember correctly got into some shit w some celtic teammates. Sessions is decent as well.

Delonte calmed down a lot this year and got better as the season went on. And he's very strong defensively.

Of course LeBron might have a different opinion.

Lol. My favorite quote or joke i heard: "lebron you maybe heading south, but your mom is riding west." If that was true it would explain why lebron tanked last yr.

what about gordon dragic?

• batmon said:
    what about gordon dragic?

it's actually Goran. i watched a lot of him here in phx and really think he can have a great career. very passionate player and is much more atheltic than he looks.

Goran is actually mad underated, agreed.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Miami is not going to be applying the relentless offensive pressure that OKC does/did.

Miami has Mike Bibby, who has been a gaping hole.

Put Dirk on Anthony, our 5s can lock Bosh. 'Trix on LBJ. We'll see if Wade's legs are the same as 06. DeShawn will have a little something for him.

Props to 'Trix. He dominated KD in the second half last night. He was living in dude's head..

I don't get the idea of us "praying they miss shots". Isn't that what they're going to be doing re: Dallas? There are no 22 year old blazers zipping around here. LBJ seems content to mostly dribble and hoist.

Bosh will bring them outside the paint.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    That 4th quarter Goran had against the Spurs a few years ago is one of my favourite recent NBA moments.