Indy over Dallas
    Rams over Cards
    Baltimore over Pittsburgh
    PATS OVER JETS

bonus beat:
    YeahThatJustHappened over The Slough in Soulstrut fantasy

• DB_Cooper said:
    G-Men over Broncs

You mean Giants over Redskins, and Chiefs over Broncos?

• Options
    Eagles > Texans. Though there is a hint of an upset chance with Samuel and McCoy hurting. Who trusts Kubiak?

Rest to follow later.

• Gotta wipe last week's burnt pumpkin pie off my upper lip and rock this quick before the game starts-

EAGLES over TEXANS - Everybody's talking like this is easy money for the Birds??? I'm just sayin, if Asante Samuel's understudies couldn't handle Chicago's bum ass receivers what will Andre Johnson do to them if Asante ain't ready to go? I'm a little bit petro here. Plus it's getting cold... Vick pre-up north trip didn't like the cold. Will Vick 2.0 be different? I can only hope.

PACK over NINERS - My dude BWest was lookin sweet against the Cards on Monday though!

CHIEFS over BRONCOS - I expect a serious pounding will take place

VIKINGS over BILLS - Regardless, the Bills have a nice nucleus on offense- build up that D and I'm liking Buffalo for 2011. If there is a 2011.

SAINTS over BENGALS - Saints are getting scary

LIONS over BEARS - Call me a hater but I'm STILL not buying Da Bears... not at all. I can't even BELIEVE they abused my Birds like they did last week.

PHINS over BROWNS - This is one of those coin-flip games that I usually get wrong, basically because I have no idea who's gonna win it and really don't care.

GIANTS over DEADSKINS - I'll be pulling for the McNabbs, though

JAGS over TITANS - Is Randy Moss happy now?

BOLTS over RAIDERS - This is SD's time of the year (until the playoffs get here, of course)

CARDS over RAMS - All the drama over the laughing scrub quarterback will propel Arizona to a win here

COLTS over COWBOYS - I won't be shocked at all by a Cowboys win, though... Colts are only a shell of what they once were. What does their coach even do??? Dude looks SO clueless whenever they show him on the sidelines

SEAHAWKS over PANTHERS - Not sure who's gonna win but I'm sure of one thing- this will be a bad game. Even if it's a good game it'll be a bad game.

BUCS over FALCONS - Atlanta's due to blow one, and being that they're gonna be out of the Dome it could actually happen.

RAVENS over STEELERS - The better team should win

PATS over JETS - Don't the Patriots kinda look like some of their championship teams this year? You look at their personel and say they're not all that, yet they keep beating people. Tom Brady needs hair plugs.

• RAJ said:
    Jaguars > Titans: Amazing how irrelevant Moss is these days.

I just checked out his stats and he hasn't had an 100 yard game this season. The most he's had has been 81 yards, against the Jets no less. He's got 362 yards and 5 touchdowns for the season! Last year he finished with 1,264 yards and 13 touchdowns. Wow, talk about falling off.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    RAJ said:
    Jaguars > Titans: Amazing how irrelevant Moss is these days.

I just checked out his stats and he hasn't had an 100 yard game this season. The most he's had has been 81 yards, against the Jets no less. He's got 362 yards and 5 touchdowns for the season! Last year he finished with 1,264 yards and 13 touchdowns. Wow, talk about falling off.

Trying: it actually helps one not suck...go figure.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    G-Men over Broncs

You mean Giants over Redskins, and Chiefs over Broncos?

Whoops. Yeah, Giants over Skins, Chiefs over Broncos.

Actually, fuck it. THE GIANTS WILL SOMEHOW BEAT THE BRONCOS THIS WEEK!

• You honestly think Randy Moss sucks? I thought he was one of the best recievers of the last few years, top 5 easy. Granted he's had serious issues with attitude, but Tom Brady to Randy Moss was one of the most undefendable combinations of the last few seasons. Bouncing around has hurt him this year, but I think he still has number one reciever talent.

Moss is arguably the second best receiver of all time. But this season, since he has chosen not to run actual routes and just trots downfield like he's doped up on Ritalin or something, he's no better than a steaming pile of dogshit. He really needs to hang it up as he's doing nothing but tarnishing his legacy.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    Moss is arguably the second best receiver of all time. But this season, since he has chosen not to run actual routes and just trots downfield like he's doped up on Ritalin or something, he's no better than a steaming pile of dogshit. He really needs to hang it up as he's doing nothing but tarnishing his legacy.

That wasn't the case when he was with the Patriots early this year. Moss would pull up on some running plays and short passing plays after his decoy role had already been played, but he was on the field running deep routes constantly, playing almost every snap. I didn't see a single quote from any coach or player indicating that a lack of effort had anything to do with the decision to trade him.

What I think did it was the fact that long passes to Moss were low percentage plays that were dragging the offense down, a problem that was looking especially acute against the Jets. Brady works better when he doesn't feel obligated to concentrate more on one receiver, and since the trade the Pats offense just keeps getting better as it gets less predictable.

Moss isn't what he was in 2007, but he's still got major skills. Running "actual routes" was never one of his major attributes.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:

Because not leaping for a ball when down by 3 scores and a minute left that you might have a 20% chance of catching (if that) is a big legacy-tarnisher.

I remember when cavemen used to criticize Franco Harris for running out of bounds more often than they preferred, but then he looks better than Earl Campbell these days, and all things considered I think Franco was right.

BTW one of the things Moss has lost is some of his leaping ability.

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Because not leaping for a ball when down by 3 scores and a minute left that you might have a 20% chance of catching (if that) is a big legacy-tarnisher.

I remember when cavemen used to criticize Franco Harris for running out of bounds more often than they preferred, but then he looks better than Earl Campbell these days, and all things considered I think Franco was right.

What the hell? Are you Randy Moss's mother or something? 3 consecutive teams have decided to not even bother to throw him the ball. He's not getting open, period...because he's consistently lackadaisical out there. And I'm saying that as a huge fan of Randy Moss. Time for him to go smoke the blunt of eternal recreation. He's earned it.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

What the hell? Are you Randy Moss's mother or something? 3 consecutive teams have decided to not even bother to throw him the ball. He's not getting open, period...because he's consistently lackadaisical out there. And I'm saying that as a huge fan of Randy Moss. Time for him to go smoke the blunt of eternal recreation. He's earned it.

Are you Al Davis's mistress? They stopped throwing at Moss in Oakland, too, and in 2007 he was (unquestionably) once again the best receiver in the game. Even last year he led the league in TD receptions.

He caught 3 balls in Tennessee's last game. No one else caught more than 4. They just can't throw, period. I don't see how you can say he's done yet on that "evidence."

• Options
    BobDesperado said:
    Eagles > Texans. Though there is a hint of an upset chance with Samuel and McCoy hurting. Who trusts Kubiak?

Rest to follow later.

Here are the rest. This is mostly a shitty week with 3, maybe 4 promising games.

Dolphins > Browns. The Delhomme Farewell Tour continues.
    Packers > 49ers. And this isn't even the worst of the week.
    Chiefs > Broncos. Matt Cassel shows his old coach a few things.
    Bills > Vikings.
    Bears > Lions. But spare me the "Jay Cutler has matured" shit. He's still a punk.
    Jags > Titans.
    Giants > Racialslurs.
    Saints > Bengals. This is the worst of the week.
    Chargers > Raiders. The Pats have the Raider 1st round pick this year. Thanks, Al!
    Bucs > Falcons. Mild upset but the Bucs need it more.
    Seahawks > Panthers. Pats have the Panthers 2nd round pick this year. Should be #33.
    Rams > Cards. Sam Bradford the runaway Offensive ROY. Cards a repulsive mess.
    Colts > Cowboys. Tempted to pick the Cowboys but Barber is out and I can't see Kitna keeping his pace up.
    Steelers > Ravens. Just a feeling that Rapistberger is due for a big game. And I'm tired of the Ravens whining.
    Pats > Jets. Record or near-record MNF ratings for this one. Jets won't be able to run much, and I don't think Sanchez can play a mistake free game here. Meanwhile Brady has been playing at a ridiculously high level and the Leonhard loss should hurt an already-overrated Jets D.

• That 4th and 2 call by the Ravens was the dumbest call in the history of football.

If I was a Ravens fan I'd be breaking my furniture.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Future H.O.F'r

WHAT A GAME! Fuck Ben Hatters!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:

Future H.O.F'r

WHAT A GAME! Fuck Ben Hatters!

Ben really stepped up tonight. He's a man for sure. Troy, however, is THE man. Fucking hell, what a finish.

• tremendous game. I wanted to punch a wall on the non-penalty hit on Heath Miller.

• Options
    Epic Steelers/Ravens game tonight.

Also, who stole Peyton Manning and replaced him with Joey Harrington?

• Horseleech said:
    That 4th and 2 call by the Ravens was the dumbest call in the history of football.

what, do you mean the play call?

kicking a 49 yard field goal into the wind in baltimore in december is kind of dumb, imo. they would have had it if Flacco throws the ball two yards further anyway.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Incredible game. Really a tale of two halves. Steelers pressured Flacco throughout the 2nd half, Rapistburgers showed a lot of heart and Troy made a heck of a play. Congrats to you and yours Raj. See you in January.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Watching The Bengals give that game away was sad.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dallas should trade Romo while he still has some value

• BobDesperado said:

10 interceptions in 3 weeks, brutal. Colts are in dire need of a running game.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    BobDesperado said:

10 interceptions in 3 weeks, brutal. Colts are in dire need of a running game.

addai is projected to return next weekend, yet i highly doubt he will be up to par. not sure why caldwell waited so long to put javarris james in, mike heart and donald brown could barely get one yard, they put james in and he gets 2 TDs, WTF.

that blocked punt was epic, but eric foster had to go and fuck it all up.

peyton looks lost without dallas clark. bye bye playoffs. :/

• walter_chron said:
    Horseleech said:
    That 4th and 2 call by the Ravens was the dumbest call in the history of football.

what, do you mean the play call?

kicking a 49 yard field goal into the wind in baltimore in december is kind of dumb, imo. they would have had it if Flacco throws the ball two yards further anyway.

The Steelers kicker had already made a 45 yarder in the same direction.

• sad to hear Don Meredith passed away Sunday....

• Is Brett Favre finally done?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Is Brett Favre finally done?

I hope not. I'd like to see them trot his hobbled ass out a few more times just to get it handed to him over and over again.