The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out big uppin' myself.

From Peter King yesterday:
    7. Baltimore (7-3). Great CBS graphic during the rout of the Panthers, noting that 20 of Ed Reed's 50 career interceptions have come in the fourth quarter -- including his neat pick and lateral for touchdown in Charlotte.

Holleured at in MMQB this week. J'yeah.

(back to the griiiiind.)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    OK... This week seems a lot harder to pick... but here she goes:

Pats > Lions: Lions are losing their youthful enthusiasm. Not even close.

Saints > Cowboys: Saints are back to '09 status. Cryboys are a user-friendly D. Breesus bombs away.

Jets > Bengals: Bengals are yucky... and lost some key players this past week to add insult to injury. Jets all day.

Redskins > Vikings: Tough one... but Vikes are just not playing competitive. Season lost... Redskins still alive.

Steelers > Buffalo: Buffalo is mad weird. They have the offense.... but I see Mendenhall running up and down the field and the Steelers D able to confuse the Harvard boy to pull out a win.

Texans > Titans: Who the hell is the Titans QB now? Rusty Trombone? Texans.

Giants > Jags: yeah... even the Jags are surprised to be where they are at. G-men D causes headaches for Gerrard.

Browns > Panthers: Panthers are the worst team in the league and it will show again this week.

TB > Ravens: Panthers actually hung around in that game last week... TB has offense... perhaps a Falcons-lite. Ray Rice will have to shine or fuhgeddabout it. Gonna take the Bucs :()

Eagles > Bears: Someone needs to bring the Bears back down to eEarth!

Packers > Falcons: The Pack are playing lights out on both sides of the ball. They might win out the rest of the season.

Raiders > Miami: It's in Oakland. You saw how pathetic the Phins looked Thursday night. Oakland rebound game.

Chiefs > Seahawks: Seachickens suck! now their playmaker receiver Mike Williams is out. Quietyly shut the door on their season, plaese.

Rams > Broncos: I'm still sipping the Bradford-aid.

SD > Colts: Again... SD can play the Pass... Rivers is on fire. VJ is Back.

49ers > Cards: Sucky game. Who cares. Cards are the next worst team in the league.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    RAJ said:

SD > Colts: Again... SD can play the Pass... Rivers is on fire. VJ is Back.

That's a pretty motivated Colts team after choking the comeback in NE. Manning looked pissed.

• WEEK 12

PATS over LIONS - typical Thanksgiving turkey performace by Detroit
    COWBOYS over SAINTS - some holiday miracle sh*t
    JETS over BENGALS - will be looking at that TO vs Revis matchup (if I watch this lousy ass game at all)
    REDSKINS over VIKINGS - although with the Vikes possibly reenergized now that Chilly is gone who knows
    TEXANS over TITANS - Texans, if you let Rusty Trombone beat you then just defect from the league and fill out an application to join the UFL
    GIANTS over JAGS - for the life of me I can't see how this could possibly go the other way... I really can't
    BROWNS over PANTHERS - Browns need to start beating up on horrible teams like Carolina if they ever want to take the next step
    STEELERS over BILLS - Buffalo is probably tempting a lot of people to pick them these days... be careful
    FALCONS over PACKERS - Packers still can't run the ball, they've got Jim Nance at running back these days... ATL don't lose at home
    CHIEFS over SEAHAWKS - because Mike Williams is hurt. Chiefs have to start winning on the road if they're to be taken seriously
    RAIDERS over PHINS - I think the Dolphins have joined the list of teams who don't care anymore.
    BRONCOS over RAMS - although I'm far from enamored with Denver, I think they'll win this one at home. Brandon Lloyd is :killin_it:
    EAGLES over DA BEARS - Giants were the No. 1 defense in the league and they did make it tough on Vick, but even with that Philly beat them by ten and could've won by about 25. I can't see Chicago doing any better, although I must admit I am starting to respect Da Bears a little bit.
    RAVENS over BUCS - I am a Tampa bay fan, though
    COLTS over BOLTS - Manning magic prevails... Colts are decimated, but SD is pretty banged up too
    CARDS over 49ERS - if the Niners haven't packed it in yet they need to. I don't think I'm going to watch this game

BTW, not only did RAJ beat the competition with his picks last week but the analysis was almost 100% right on the money. Very impressive, King Soulstrut

• Week 12

Pats over Lions: These are the Lions we are all used to watching, quarterback woes continue. Too bad Detroit couldn't stay healhty, we might've actually had a decent game this year.
    Saints over Cowboys: The Saints are getting hot at the right time. I sort of want to call it for the Cowboys though since there has been somewhat of an upset on Thanksgiving the last two years.
    Jets over Bengals: Remember earlier this year when the Bengals beat the Ravens?
    Falcons over Packers: Falcons are strong at home and are riding a 4 game win streak.
    Steelers over Bills: Winning two in a row was enough for the Bills, although they've been in a lot of close games this year. Could the Bills do what the Raiders did to the Steelers last year? Doubtful.
    Browns over Panthers: Is the Bengals taking out the Ravens, like the Browns taking out the Pats? Bunch of fluke teams.
    Texans over Titans: I want to call it the toher way in a upset special, but don't see it happening. Too much drama for the Titans right now. Even if the Texans have the worst pass defense in the league, Randy has only beena round for a few weeks and the Titans QB situation is the worst. I feel bad for CJY2K.

I'll post the rest of my picks later.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    PATS over LIONS
    SAINTS OVER COWBOYS
    JETS over BENGALS
    VIKINGS OVER REDSKINS
    TEXANS over TITANS
    GIANTS over JAGS
    BROWNS over PANTHERS
    STEELERS over BILLS
    PACKERS over FALCONS
    CHIEFS over SEAHAWKS
    RAIDERS over DOLPHINS
    RAMS over BRONCOS
    EAGLES over BEARS
    BUCS over RAVENS
    COLTS over CHARGERS
    CARDS over 49ERS

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pats > Lions: I've spent a few Thanksgivings in Detroit......misery

Saints > Cowboys: Saints -4 is an early christmas gift from the oddsmakers

Bengals > Jets : there has to be an upset today....Jets have trouble with teams who can score

Vikings > Redskins : The Redskins stink......Jeff Fisher just sent Vince Young to the Arena league because of this.

Steelers > Buffalo: Buffalo isn't interested in winning anymore games

Texans > Titans: close game

Giants > Jags: Jags are a bad road team

Browns > Panthers: zZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZ

Ravens > TB : WHOOP ASS ALERT !! The Bucs will have travelled from Tampa to San Fran to Balt........and i'm sure the young dudes are more focused on next week when they wear the creamsicle uni's at home vs The Falcons

Eagles > Bears:

Packers > Falcons: Green Bay scores too quick for a running team like ATL.

Miami > Oakland : Miami is bad...but not this bad.....Oakland won't win another game this year

Chiefs > Seahawks: No Mike Williams

Broncos > Stl : Rookie on the road.....Bradford still has no wins away from home

SD > Colts: SD owns Indy

Cards > Sf : I see the entire NFC WEST finishing 6-10

• Options
    Pats > Lions
    Saints > Cowboys
    Jets > Bengals
    Giants > Jags
    Vikings > Racialslurs
    Packers > Falcons
    Steelers > Bills
    Texans > Titans
    Browns > Panthers
    Dolphins > Raiders
    Chiefs > Seahawks
    Eagles > Bears
    Ravens > Bucs
    Rams > Broncos
    Chargers > Colts

Sunday night add:
    49ers > Cards

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    SAINTS over COWBOYS
    JETS over BENGALS
    REDSKINS OVER VIKINGS
    TEXANS over TITANS
    GIANTS over JAGS
    BROWNS over PANTHERS
    STEELERS over BILLS
    FALCONS OVER PACKERS
    SEAHAWKS over CHIEFS
    RAIDERS over DOLPHINS
    BRONCOS over RAMS
    BEARS over EAGLES
    RAVENS over BUCS
    COLTS over CHARGERS
    49ERS over CARDS

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    God the Bengals are such a shitty team. SO bad. SOOOOOOO bad.

I know the holiday is why it's so quiet up in here, but damn there was some football today. That Saints/Cowboys game was a classic!

Jets' luck bothers me.

• anyone else find that Matt Millen makes Thursday Night Football unwatchable?? well, unlistenable at least.....I don't need him telling me what makes a great WR in the NFL.....

Risingson said:
    anyone else find that Matt Millen makes Thursday Night Football unwatchable?? well, unlistenable at least.....I don't need him telling me what makes a great WR in the NFL.....

He and Thiseman are pretty bad. Millen is very confrontational which makes for some funny dangerous TV. Atleast Bryant Gumble is gone from TNF.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Went to the Cowboys/Saints game with GenePontecorvo and others.....had a blast even though we lost.....with about 5 minutes left we spotted Jerry Jones walking to the sidelines and I knew the Cowboys would lose at that moment.....had to put up with a few obnoxious Cowboy fans who are the very reason they don't allow guns in the stadium.....Jerry World is a poorly designed but beautiful place.....god forbid they ever have to quickly evacuate that place...I'd say it can't be done.

Malcolm Jenkins won the game more than Roy Williams lost it.....Kitna is playing better than pre-injured Romo....Garrett is making rookie coaching mistakes but I think he has a future.....once the playoffs start I'll be rooting for the Saints....Brees is a tough guy to root against.

• :oh_snap: Johnson vs Finnegan ... goin' AT it in Houston! :raw:

• ^^^ brave man Finnegan. Not sure I'd be fuckin with Andre. Cortland took some hits

nice win for the Falcons, NFC favourites now??

• Options
    Here's the clip of the fight:

Thank you Steve Johnson.

:shit_yeah:

Someone pull the plug on the Josh McDaniels experiment.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Thank you Steve Johnson.

What a shit game. A win is a win and all that, and if the Steelers win, I'm happy, but on the real, the Steelers didn't deserve that win at all. The OT kickoff return and Johnson's pass both should've been game-ending TDs.

• Options
    DJ_Enki said:
    RAJ said:
    Thank you Steve Johnson.

What a shit game. A win is a win and all that, and if the Steelers win, I'm happy, but on the real, the Steelers didn't deserve that win at all. The OT kickoff return and Johnson's pass both should've been game-ending TDs.

And James Harrison must be some kind of fucking idiot. His helmet-to-chin hit on Fitzpatrick should be rewarded with a suspension for the next game. Obviously fines don't mean anything to him.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Steelers' luck bothers me.

BobDesperado said:

And James Harrison must be some kind of fucking idiot. His helmet-to-chin hit on Fitzpatrick should be rewarded with a suspension for the next game. Obviously fines don't mean anything to him.

Let me guess... you're a Tom Brady fan.

• i dont' ride for the bolts or anything but i always liked this jingle:

• RAJ said:
    Thank you Steve Johnson.

That photo made me feel bad for him. Five dropped passes, including THIS touchdown. Crazy.

• Options
    RAJ said:
    BobDesperado said:

Let me guess... you're a Tom Brady fan.

Brady's the MVP of the league so far this season. So yeah.

The Suggs penalty was weak and has nothing to do with Harrison's habitual and stupid headhunting. I'm not sure it matters, though, since it's not like the Steelers are going anywhere this year. Big Ben just isn't the same this year - I suspect he's got the jitters because of semen backup.

• incompletejigsaw said:
    RAJ said:
    Thank you Steve Johnson.

That photo made me feel bad for him. Five dropped passes, including THIS touchdown. Crazy.

I really like Stevie Johnson, but that was brutal... He's a fun player, but if he wants to be taken "why so seriously," he's gotta make that catch. He was crying going off the field, which was tough to watch. Feel bad for the guy.

The Steelers were brutal in the 2nd half. Giving up 5 sacks to a team that had 15 all season, getting dominated after they held the Bills to 6:05 Time of Poss in the 1st half. Not an impressive win for Pit, but take what you can get.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Thank you Steve Johnson.

Direct quote from his Twitter:

???I PRAISE YOU 24/7 !!!!! AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! I???LL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO??????

Jesus fuck, that is hilarious.

But seriously between this and that W the Steeler's pulled out of their ass on the Dolphins with that bs fumble that did/didn't happen was recovered by Miami but wasn't blah blah....they should be feeling pretty lucky right now.

Definitely makes for some exciting Football.