Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:

Very underrated.

Not by me.

"I'm sailing! SAILING!"

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    I'm usually pretty good with 80s movies but I hadn't seen this one before

Nice way to kill 90 minutes on a week off (& yes that is supposed to be C Thomas Howell on the poster)......John Travolta's missus is damn fine in this

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Don't ask me how or why but

• Classic Jack...

Classic Harrison...

Classic Wayans...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    A++++++++

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I've been on a Cassavetes/Rowlands kick recently, even though I didn't "get" the tedious 'Killing Of A Chinese Bookie' some time back. BREAKS!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I saw a couple of films since i last posted.
    Mr. Majestyk. - Cool.
    Galaxy Of Terror - Ok.
    Piranha 1978 - Ok.

I also re-watched Troma's Class Of Nuke 'em High, just as fun as i remembered.
    Troma also has a youtube channel with 77 movies uploaded,The first isn't there
    but they have parts 2 and 3.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I saw Getting Low the other day.
    Robert Duvall. OK.

We were trying to date the movie. We decided 1925, until I noticed a 78rpm in a Capitol record sleeve. I confidently (jokingly) said 1950s.

It was 1938.

• magnetic said:
    Mr. Majestyk. - Cool.
    Galaxy Of Terror - Ok.
    Piranha 1978 - Ok.

If you are into the Tromaville-type flicks you should peep "The Toxic Avenger".

Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    magnetic said:
    Mr. Majestyk. - Cool.
    Galaxy Of Terror - Ok.
    Piranha 1978 - Ok.

If you are into the Tromaville-type flicks you should peep "The Toxic Avenger".

That was the first Troma film that i ever saw, a definite classic.
    2 others that i think equals it's awesomeness are Troma's War and Terror Firmer.

• spcspc 534 Posts

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

now if i could only track down a copy of "Frankenhooker".....

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

just saw dumb and dumber and loved it. seems like you can quote almost every line.

peace, stein. . .

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Harold and Maude on Bluray.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• hadn't watched it since middle school, but I went back and watched Bridge on the River Kwai after one of my coworkers told me I reminded him of guinness's character. the reference was just WAY too obscure for me to not revisit it. regardless of just how accurate his statement was, I still can't tell if he was complimenting me or not. that sunuvabitch.

anyways, I think it goes without saying that this movie is mandatory viewing.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I recently informed a longtime buddy that he resembles Harry Dean Stanton. I actually meant it as a compliment as I've always though Harry Dean Stanton to be cool looking. But my friend keeps thinking I'm dissing him on the sly.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I had no idea there was a sequel until a coworker mentioned it recently. Turning Doyle into a junkie was some sinister shit.

• been watching these two Polanski flicks lately. both of them very obscure but very good imho, i liked Cul-The-Sac especially

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Jspr said:

Not as interesting as remembered despite the trademark Coen feel. Great performances by Turturro and Goodman though.

I'm a big fan of everything Coen up to O Brother apart from this one film. For some reason it never clicked with me like their other movies. Been meaning to revisit it for a few years now but haven't got round to it. I can't put my finger on what doesn't work for me but, considering the love it's got, I seem to be in the minority.

Saw this the other day to tick another off the Cohen backlog.

Highly enjoyable and increased my appreciation of Michael Moriarty at the same time.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Saw Mad Max last night. Turrible.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Saw this a few nights ago and really dug it.
    Attached files

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    dp

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

It's still awesome.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    jjfad027 said:

I had no idea there was a sequel until a coworker mentioned it recently. Turning Doyle into a junkie was some sinister shit.

Hugely underrated sequel IMO. Prehaps because the OG is so good. FC makes my top 10 movies of all time

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I have seen three Jack Lemmon movies in a row, for some reason, with my dad over the past month: "Missing", "Glengarry Glen Ross" (Alec Baldwin is such a dick! "Coffee is for closers!") and this one.

I live within walking distance of the freeway interchange shown in the car chase. It seems like any action-thriller movie from the 70's, shot in the Los Angeles area and requires a prerequisite Bullitt moment uses this same offramp. I also saw this, "The Big Gundown" in Italian with English subs, on a big screen this week...

Watched Videodrome the other day, it was my first time seeing it in it's entirety after
    only catching parts of it over the years.Cronenberg's imagination is out there.

Incidentally i found these interesting clips with R.A. The Rugged Man speaking about
    films he likes.He's a avid cult film fan he wrote Bad Biology with the director Frank Henenlotter.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Fritzcarraldo

Not as great as I was hoping.

• the expendables 2. they're fuckin' old man.

• I saw Airheads for the first time the other day, I've wanted to see it since I was a kid and saw the trailers at the start of Blockbuster rental tapes. Was a good laugh, I'll admit I downloaded it and think I may have been irritated if I'd have paid anything for it, good for a lazy Saturday afternoon definitely.