World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    one of the hat[/b]ful of Benitez-era flops

Fixed.

And after I qualified it and all. Git.

You must've known how tempting that was!

If ever there was a headline destined to bite us on the arse (or ass if it's defeat to USA), this is it. Why does our press set us up like this... every time?

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

Eventhough Germany is amazing when it comes to playing a tournament with their team spirit making big things possible I've been predicting the grandest Deutschland WC fail for months now.

I like a lot of the young players that were blessed with nominations this year and some of them have been showing very steady and good play in the Bundesliga. However Jogi Loew is playing himself, burning down bridges to players he really needs. Kevin Kurani (boy I hate his mug) for example has had the season of his life this year. Its always right to build on a young team to enable them to gain success over a longer timeframe, but this is going to be a mess.

I also predict this is Loews last try and he will have to resign.
    Not to come off as a hatter, on the contrary, living in Germany I would very much support all the good vibes and parties. I just dont believe. So please prove me wrong, I'm sure my favorite Bundesliga team or actually the entire league would profit from a good cup for next season.

England and Spain are probably the hottest contenders for the cup, eventhough Spain has been suffering from star-injuries.

All this being said:

ORANJE BOVEN!
    HUP HOLLAND HUP!

I LOVE YOU FELLOW DUTCHMEN! ROBBEN IS A BEAST. SNEIJDER NEEDS TO BE THERE.
    AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON HUNTELAAR, VAN THE MAN, MATHIJSEN & MY NEW FAVORITE YOUNGSTARR ELJERO ELIA!

MIGHT HAVE TO JUMP ON THE TRAIN TO AMSTERDAM TO CATCH SOME GAMES AND TRUE ORANJE WORLD CUP SPIRIT!

TOO BAD WE NEVER WIN SQUAT. FAIL ON US

-YEEZY

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    YES

Chizzle has officially blown the whistle, the beef is on.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For me, it's always...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Torres: is he going to make this or not?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Have Portugal changed up their way of playing in the last season or so? I'm only asking as I otherwise can't see the actual Brazil V Portugal match being anything other than a depressing slog. Two teams overflowing with talent playing grinding football.

Holland will, sadly, not win the World Cup. Probably ever.

If Italy get close to winning it again I think I may have to stop following football.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

If Italy get close to winning it again I think I may have to stop following football.

Or headbutt something.

Torres: is he going to make this or not?

Skimmed through gewgel news, seems he's been selected, but probably won't feature unless the hour calls for it. Same as Cesc.

I unfortunately see Italy doing it again (by any means necessary).

Gah.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Ha!

This reminds me of the 90 WC, listening to Gilles Peterson on the then fairly hip and newly minted Jazz FM.

GP: "The World Cup...(fade up modal jazz noodling)... is going...(fade up modal piano stabs)...to be....(fade up mini noodle)...so....so...(fade up trumpet parpage)....good....(fade up extended screechy modal trombone farts, nasal flute whinnies and elasticated bass twangs).....Brazil against Cameroon....(fade into acoustic samba baiaion)....the drums of the samba....(percussion break)....against the drums of.....(deep conga action)...Cameroon....(funk parpage)...all in one stadium...(funky Fela groove)...."

They weren't even scheduled to play each other.

Ha!

This reminds me of the 90 WC, listening to Gilles Peterson on the then fairly hip and newly minted Jazz FM.

GP: "The World Cup...(fade up modal jazz noodling)... is going...(fade up modal piano stabs)...to be....(fade up mini noodle)...so....so...(fade up trumpet parpage)....good....(fade up extended screechy modal trombone farts, nasal flute whinnies and elasticated bass twangs).....Brazil against Cameroon....(fade into acoustic samba baiaion)....the drums of the samba....(percussion break)....against the drums of.....(deep conga action)...Cameroon....(funk parpage)...all in one stadium...(funky Fela groove)...."

They weren't even scheduled to play each other.

Only because the Alpenhorn/Accordion/Glockenspiel/Tubas/Thighslaps of Germany against the Fray Bentos Munches/whoosing boleadoras/Burning Pucar?s of Argentina was strangely less romantic-sounding.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i hope one of the african teams makes the semi's...
    i can't believe harvey isn't repping texas to take down the cup....
    is capello gonna play lampard and gerrard together? (disaster waiting to happen....)
    would be nice for charlie davies to be fit and get time for the yanks.....
    excited for the argies and dutchies to go undefeated in the group stage to both drop in the first knockout round......
    germany will bring it hard like they always do....
    spain, back to underachieving after the euro victory?....

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    ps i was 6th in soulstrut fantasy premiership. was i highest placing 'merican?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ps i was 6th in soulstrut fantasy premiership. was i highest placing 'merican?

you beat me. i think i ended up at 12th.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    is capello gonna play lampard

Fat Frank better not play his "only I can score" style from last cup.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Fat Frank better not play his "only I can score" style from last cup.

And hopefully, Long Rod and Stiff Peter will also mind their games.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

this has always been one of my favorite all-time goals.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I saw Landon Donovan take apart the Seattle Sounders (I know, LOLOL) on Saturday. His post-game interview was awesome: he's a smug little prick (possible relation to Fat Frank LOL)

LOL

I'm LOLing

Super stoked to watch them all brah, all the games. My bearded friend who wears sandals is the host this year, in a great neighborhood that I can travel to by train. Hella Euro bro.

bring it on USA USA USA

we still have too many collegeboy names like Zack and Brad. We need some one-namer dudes.

that headline is INSANE

U JUST GONNA SEE HOW E-Z THE U-S-A IS BRO SRSLY USAUSAUSA!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i just got emailed this and its scary to say the least
    Porteros
    Iker Casillas Fern?ndez (Real Madrid CF)
    David De Gea Quintana (Club Atl?tico de Madrid, SAD)
    Diego L?pez Rodr?guez (Villareal CF SAD)
    Jos? Manuel Reina P?ez (Liverpool)
    V?ctor Vald?s Arribas (FC Barcelona)

Defensas
    Ra?l Albiol Tortajada (Real Madrid CF)
    Alvaro Arbeloa Coca (Real Madrid CF)
    C?sar Azpilicueta Tanco (Club Atl?tico Osasuna)
    Joan Capdevila M?ndez (Villarreal CF, SAD)
    Carlos Marchena L?pez (Valencia CF, SAD)
    Gerard Pique Bernab?u (FC Barcelona)
    Carles Puyol Saforcada (FC Barcelona)
    Sergio Ramos Garc?a (Real Madrid)

Centrocampistas
    Xabier Alonso Olano (Real Madrid CF)
    Sergio Busquets Burgos (FC Barcelona)
    Francesc ?Cesc? Fabregas Soler (Arsenal FC)
    Andr?s Iniesta Lujan (FC Barcelona)
    Javier Mart?nez Aguinaga (Athletic Club)
    Marcos Antonio Senna Da Silva (Villarreal CF, SAD)
    David Jim?nez Silva (Valencia CF, SAD)
    Xavier Hern?ndez Creus (FC Barcelona)

Delanteros
    Santiago Cazorla Gonz?lez (Villarreal CF, SAD)
    Jes?s Navas Gonz?lez (Sevilla FC SAD)
    Juan Manuel Mata Garc?a (Valencia CF, SAD)
    Pedro Rodr?guez Ledesma (FC Barcelona)
    Daniel Gonz?lez G?iza (Fenerbache SK)
    Fernando Llorente Torres (Athletic Club)
    Alvaro Negredo S?nchez (Sevilla FC SAD)
    Fernando Torres Sanz (Liverpool FC)
    David Villa S?nchez (Valencia CF, SAD)

just think of the subs and keepers...offensive defensemen anyone...explosive forwards...
    playing in a system and stressful situations...
    basically...iniesta and xavi as the brain/core is already

it really is there's to lose the euro record speaks for itself

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Go Holland!

No call-up for Van Nistelrooy, either Huntelaar or Van Persie as centre forward. I'm okay with that, Ruud's not close to 100% fitness

My prefered starting 11 (with subs)

<br />                  Van Persie (Huntelaar)<br /><br />Sneijder (Elia) - van der Vaart (Affelay) - Robben (Kuijt)<br /><br />         Nigel de Jong - van Bommel (Engelaar)<br /><br />Van Bronckhorst (Anita) Matthijsen (Boulahrouz) - Heitinga - van der Wiel<br /><br />                    Stekelenburg<br /><br />  

As always, worldclass midfield/attack, mediocre defense, only real talent at the back is Gregory van der Wiel who'll probably end up at a big Spanish club after this tournament.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I take back what I said about the USA players' names. Sure, there's a Chad, a Heath, and a Stewart...but there's a HERCULEZ.

USA USA USA!!!

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Really excited about the World Cup. It's the only time I really watch and enjoy soccer.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    this should be the 2010 worldcup anthem

• I'll be cheering England and then complaining about the fact that 3 England coaches have failed to realize that Lampard and Gerrard do not work in the same team after they go out..

Praying that England play to their strengths(attack,attack,attack) all the way through.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    I don't understand how they could leave Davies off the roster. From all reports, he is working like mad to be fit in time for the Cup. Subtle motivational tactic? If I was him, I'd feel insulted. It's not like we have strikers to spare or something (besides Jozy).

EDIT: Wait, whoa. We named two strikers that aren't untalented Peter Crouch-clones? Shocking.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'll be cheering England and then complaining about the fact that 3 England coaches have failed to realize that Lampard and Gerrard do not work in the same team after they go out..

Praying that England play to their strengths(attack,attack,attack) all the way through.

Agreed on both things.

I'm tired of seeing England up 1 and then go into a defensive mode. Only to tie or lose down the line.