World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    they need to ignore their coach and pass to messi.

juego terminado.

Pretty much. It's going to be interesting to see if the natural talent on offer can outweigh the idiocy of the manager.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the reason Zanetti was left out of the squad - apparently after the managers team talk he would get the players together and say, forget all that, this is what we're going to do...

LOL, this wouldn't surprise me one bit. I still can't believe he left Cambiasso out of his squad.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Although these players have been considered disappointing for the national team on recent form.

Maybe if England had the nerve to drop players who were only good for club, we might get somewhere.

Tim Vickery mentions this in his recent column , he'd rather see Banega or Gago ahead of Cambiasso but at least one of the three.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Interesting, didn't realise he'd been out of form nationally. Maybe I'll be forced to bow to the kind of brave thinking that Jacquet showed when he decided to wave goodbye to Cantona and Ginola but I somehow doubt it. The squad just looks unbalanced.

I don't see England ever doing it, blame it on the media.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    F*ckin' Maradona is embarassing us. mofo requested some $500 toilet seat be installed & all sorts of other primadonna ish. Aside from the many other behavior issues & shady technical choices.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I just put 50 sheets on a South American winner at 9/4

Europe was 4/9 on - ridiculous odds IMHO

Germany and England - no.
    Italy - not looking promising
    Spain - I have no doubts they will eff it up

So, cash riding on Brazil OR Argentina (banking on decent palyers prevailing despite the tubby cokehead) with bonus beat Uruguay and thems

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    to me it's gago or milito
    they are fucking up
    higuain,milito,messi,aguero (too many egos)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    F*ckin' Maradona is embarassing us.

Well he has promised to run naked through the streets of Buenos Aires if Argentina wins lol.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    hi new soulstrut

interesting read in NYT about the dutch academy system and how it compares (or doesn't at all) to the US system. good read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html?hp

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:
    I just put 50 sheets on a South American winner at 9/4

Europe was 4/9 on - ridiculous odds IMHO

Germany and England - no.
    Italy - not looking promising
    Spain - I have no doubts they will eff it up

Well then obviously the bookies know that this is the tournament that Henry turns up, and sticks it to his doubters. :cheese:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    musica said:

If you're one of those people who couldn't understand why Capello took Heskey to SA, now you know.

I say "curse". We now have to rely even more heavily on the equally perma-crocked Ledley King, although I dare say Matty Upson might now be allowing himself a surreptitious Henman fist-pump and a whispered "YES!"

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    musica said:

Former captain David Beckham, whose World Cup campaign was ended by an Achilles' tendon injury, has traveled with the squad.

''He will help in some moments. He is not a coach and he also trains alone,'' Capello said. ''But he is important because he is one of the symbols of England. It is important he is here and not on holiday.

''He can speak with the players and find some solutions. He is part of my team.''

lol...

• :raw:

vintageinfants said:

:raw:
    L-R
    Alanis Morisette, girl in my office, Sporty Spice, Jimmy Durante's daughter, Amanda Holden, a hatchet faced misery w/ a thousand year old soul

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Late one, St*ve?

No, just trying to upload new avatar - and having no joy

Why you on here so late Jim?

Making sure the Brit/England line is not blurred for the sake of all Albion.

Setting up home cinema ting.

Raas Sony.

I understand that, pending some kind of super-injunction, the News Of The World is running a Stevie G story tomorrow. Not clear on the exact details, but it's supposedly one of the two stories that was doing the rounds a while ago - he's got another girl pregnant/she's carrying on with Kris Commons.

Typically classy move by the Screws, timing this to run on the final Sunday before England's first WC game. If indeed it does run, I'd be interested to hear the "public interest" defence for this one.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Why do they hate England.

They could a least do something useful, like finally outing the homosexual love-in that's going on at Barca.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Robben injured. I blame the Chelsea curse; Drogba, Essien, Bosingwa and Ballack are already out, the former Chelsea players are up next it seems.

• skel said:
    vintageinfants said:

:raw:
    L-R
    Alanis Morisette, girl in my office, Sporty Spice, Jimmy Durante's daughter, Amanda Holden, a hatchet faced misery w/ a thousand year old soul

because you wouldn't holler at any of them right?

Wouldn't touch a single one of 'em with a bargepole, but let me holler at the red and yellow ball. Looks rad.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    who watched the game against Australia today? i thought we looked pretty good on the attack--Buddle was obviously impressive, and I thought Findley was solid other than his finishing--but I'm still lacking a lot of confidence in our defense. gonna be tough against opponents better than australia...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    who watched the game against Australia today? i thought we looked pretty good on the attack--Buddle was obviously impressive, and I thought Findley was solid other than his finishing--but I'm still lacking a lot of confidence in our defense. gonna be tough against opponents better than australia...

There was a point in the game where our passing and ball movement (AYO!) was truly next level.

Our defense is patchy at best. Good thing we have a great keeper.

b/w

We're gunnin for ya, ya fekkin' pasty-ass Brits

musica said:
    We're gunnin for ya, ya fekkin' pasty-ass ENGLISH

Not Brits

Wales
    N. Ireland
    Scotland

No, none of these in your World Cup location.

If Theakston had followed the "stand still and you save three out of five" rule, England would've walked it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Now this is what I'm talking about!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/cczqr/if_the_us_loses_to_england_you_fucks_i_will_write/

"If the US loses to England (you fucks!) I will write "America sucks" on my car and drive it in the deep south until England's WC is over."

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Excellent, that's the spirit.

Pissing contests aside, this is kinda scary.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    which damn thread has the Strut WC fantasy link. I joined up and picked my team, but cant' find the link.

help por favor?